• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's your pokedex looking right now?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Different Pokemon Go players would have different reasons for playing such game.

There are players who want to have the highest CPs, others are after higher Player Level while some people are collectors in nature and would focus on pokedex entries more than anything else.

I belong to the last group focusing mainly on pokedex entries.

Caught over Seen stats as of today = 108 / 108 (essentially 109 because I am holding out on Magikarp and Gyarados because of the grind I had collecting 496 candies-to-date).

Adding new pokedex entries have been harder these days as rare pokemons and those requiring 100 candies are what's left to catch (excluding legendaries and regional pokemons).

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Believe we're at 78/75 only. Some of the more common ones have eluded us, but our neighborhood isn't known for any particularly rare stuff.

Things I'd really like to catch (or get from eggs, where applicable) that we don't have:
    -Koffing
    -Ekans
    -Dratini
    -More Abras
    -More Gastly
    -Cubone
    -Scyther
    -Tangela
    -Chansey
    -Snorlax

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    It's 84/84

My most recent addition was Slowbro, I hatched a Slowpoke which gave me just enough candies to evolve.

Years
  • Caught: 96
    Seen: 96

Theres still a few that I desperately want, I mean I obviously want to complete the whole pokedex but some I want more than others right now.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I pretty much did everything there is to do for this game. I haven't played a whole lot since completing the North American Dex. Currently sitting on 143 after my trip to Australia.

Only gained about 40,000 experience in the past two weeks when I usually averaged 40-50K experience per day during the heydays {XD}

So I'm just missing Mr. Mime and Farfetch'd. I'm banking on getting the former when I head to France at the end of the month. Farfetch'd, though... that might have to wait until next year at best.

Not a whole lot else left to do. I have a potent offensive and defensive team lined up (Mid-CP2000s to CP3000 with most 80-95% IV rating). I might just focus on building up stronger less-often used Pokémon like Wigglytuff, Ninetales, Raichu. I have 100+ candies for each sitting around; just waiting on hatching something with higher IVs.

I guess a better Arcanine would be nice, too. Also sitting on 100+ Growlithe candies. Still haven't gotten a Growlithe with higher than 86.7% IV rating and optimal offensive moveset.

Years
  • Caught: 119
    Seen: 119

With the new buddy system that's coming, I'm concerned I may finish the Pokedex a lot faster than I anticipated. If so, I hope they will introduce more battling features and vamp up the Gym game more so there's more to do.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Caught: 61
    Seen: 64

Because unlike you cool people, I've had stuff run away from me (looking at you, Ivysaur, Muk, and Jynx). I don't know how you guys catch everything, but please tell me.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Because unlike you cool people, I've had stuff run away from me (looking at you, Ivysaur, Muk, and Jynx). I don't know how you guys catch everything, but please tell me.

You will receive no sympathy from me.

...Granted I have three Dragonites now, but on that fateful day, July 29, 2016, there was no greater, saltier pain in my then three weeks of playing.

Edit: I keep editing this post. I guess I should be nice.

You'll find more eventually.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • You will receive no sympathy from me.

...Granted I have three Dragonites now, but on that fateful day, July 29, 2016, there was no greater, saltier pain in my then three weeks of playing.

Edit: I keep editing this post. I guess I should be nice.

You'll find more eventually.

That's horrible. But at least you don't have a loud little sister screaming "I CAUGHT IT! I CAUGHT IT!"

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    115/115.

it's been slow since nothing new ever spawns around my area.
    we took a trip last weekend to a city of 100K. got 8 new entries in pokedex.
    took a trip this weekend to a city of 850K. got 10 new entries.
    also, in those 2 days, went from never seeing a magikarp, to having enough candies to get a Gyrados.
    also caught a wild Dragonite (something i'd never seen). my son, i felt so bad for him, used all 30 raspberries, 50 regular pokeballs, and several great balls he had . he could not catch it...and it never ran away. he ran out of pokeballs and had to just hit the button to run away himself.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've seen 86, and caught 83. One of them is Muk, but I can't think of the other three.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Seen 93, caught 92. An Arbok ran (or slithered) away a few weeks ago before I could catch it. Not seen one since, and I only have 15 Ekans candy so it could be a while...

Years
  • Caught 89 and seen 89 finally omg. Caught my last Horsea today and got enough candy to evolve it so that evil Seadra isn't making my list uneven. Also finally.. finally.. found and caught Rhyhorn. 2 months later. <_<

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    93/93, but i did not really hunt for rare pokemon or difficult evolutions yet, i mostly farm known good spots that i can reach easily, meaning i get a lot of the same.

So i have none of the evolutions of any of the starter pokemon, for example. Those, including raichu, are 7 missing, so i get to 100 if i just work on these.

Back