• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HUGE ENOURMOUS sigs.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I just think sometimes people think forum signatures need to tell their life story of something... but maybe im wrong, lol

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    bgtfamily said:
    I just think sometimes people think forum signatures need to tell their life story of something... but maybe im wrong, lol
    No no, people just majorly misunderstand the concept of a signature, and since everybody has large sigs, it's a bit hard to just slam down strict (yet reasonable) rules. o.O;

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    I just think that at least 40% of the freaking signatures br3ak t3h fr3aking rules... >.>;

There is a fr3aking rule th4t fr3aking says that if j00 hav3 an imag3 in your signature you sh0uldn't h4v3 m0r3 thaN 10 lines of siz3 2 t3xt, right? (by the way, wasn't it 7 lines once? o.o) Well I've s33n pl3nty of signatur3s that br3ak this r00le, while I onc3 use to have a slightly oversized image and had almost no text in my signature and got rigorously edited... >.>;

That is h0w it is... I guess s0m3 p3opl3 are m0re speciaL th4n oth3rs around here.... >.>;

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    I remember something SA said about sigs once. "Sigs should be short and sweet. Not telling everything about you" or something like that. XD

Now days Everyone has 10 banners stacked on top of each other, and 20 Sprites go go along with that.

Ok Ty I'll try your sig thing on one of the test layouts.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I say no images in signatures if people abuse the right.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Andy - Jake's one step ahead of you; check the child style of Brains 'n Brawns.

Kipkip - True, but don't you think that'd come across as a bit strict? ;/

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Kipkip said:
    I say no images in signatures if people abuse the right.
    Yeah right... in this case it would be better removing the whole signature dude!? >.>;

It's funny though how some people put several small images together which when put together become bigger than 500x300 (or whatever the limit is), and no one actually tells them anything because their brainless head thinks that they're not technically breaking the rules... pathetic.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    NiNGi said:
    Yeah right... in this case it would be better removing the whole signature dude!? >.>;

It's funny though how some people put several small images together which when put together become bigger than 500x300 (or whatever the limit is), and no one actually tells them anything because their brainless head thinks that they're not technically breaking the rules... pathetic.
    The limit is 150000 pixels for all images added together... which is WAY too much. =\

(Mental note - signature too long. Fix it... later. *procrastination*)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    yes.. some of these sigs sizes are way out of control.. we can only edit so much, set so many rules and so on...

we're looking for a perm solution so that the sig area is a set size.. anything over that gets cut off (and no scrollbars) but well there is a software update coming out soon so we'll most likely wait till it's released and go from there

in the mean time you can use the "Brains 'n Brawns with sig limiter" style and/or keep reporting the massive sigs to the staff. *sigh*

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Steve - As I said before, change the overflow="auto" to overflow="none". That'll solve your problem.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    What Ty said is right. Some of the signatures are freaking huge, yet well, well within the signature limits.

Btw I like the signature limit thing, with the scrollbars.

gfg Ty. :P

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    The code isn't perfect though, so don't get your hopes up yet...

I prefer no scrollbars, 'cause then you won't be scrolling through empty space. o.O;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I think it looks ok. Kind of reminds me of the time when everyone was going around PC with the code thing in their sigs (where they could break the limit but have codes in their sigs so it shows up as 500x300 or whatever they set it to).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Digital Phoenix said:
    I... don't seem to recall that. o.O;
    Well it was around. Steve even made a forum wide Announcement telling the members to stop with the code tags. Since it might have been within the limit, but you could have 20 large banners and it would still have to load them (That's the reason why Steve wanted everyone to stop with the code tags in sigs).

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well it was around. Steve even made a forum wide Announcement telling the members to stop with the code tags. Since it might have been within the limit, but you could have 20 large banners and it would still have to load them (That's the reason why Steve wanted everyone to stop with the code tags in sigs).
    Ah, makes sense. o_o; And did they stop?

Back