• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huh? Old Voice Actors refuse PUSA's offer?!

Years
    *steps out of corner once again*

Yes, I was talking about the latter of the rumors. Thanks for clarifying that, Ichapokemr.

I did a little research about how much voice actors get paid. On hotjobs.com, I found one. (though it's not what I had in mind...) $150.00 an hour? That should be plenty for anybody. To make it easier for you guys, assuming that voice actors work a full 8 hours, that'd be $1,200 a day, $6,000 a week, or $312,000 a year. For us average people who make about 50k a year, that would be paid in 42 days.

Of course, this is just for a game, so salary for a TV company would probably differ. Considering that Veronica Taylor and co. has been with 4Kids for 8+ years and the fact that she and her buddies work multiple shows besides Pokémon, I'd say that they would make a similar amount of money, if not more.

In a few years, that's a lot of money. If she is indeed attached doing Ash's voice, I don't see why Taylor would deny PUSA's offer if the pay isn't that much different. If she had a big family to support or something else that needed cash, then I can agree with her. Otherwise, I'm very disappointed.

Makes me wonder how much 4Kids and PUSA offered her, since she and her buddies are leaving 4Kids as well...

*hides in corner again*

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    this is disappointing... oh well, as long as seasons 1+2 come out on dvd i'll die happy.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    could it be possible that PUSA offered them a lower pay? lols. just a crazy thought.
    yeah.. it breaks fans' hearts to hear them reject the offer... sighs.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Season 1 and 2 is out is AustraliA WOOT! But it's limited edition I think? *Cries, and I have no monies and I can't find it anywhere........I think I'm gonna be sick ARRRG! lol :paranoid:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It is sad that the VAs are changing...and September is fast approching....T-T

....But I'm happy that Seasons 1 and 2 are coming on on DVD...
    The boxes are so beautiful....I have to get at least ONE!!

theendisnear

hinoarashi (cyndaquil)
    Years
    kinda off topic-
    ackkk......... they're all leaving 4kids? Is it because of Pokemon? If so... arghh........ but eric stuart does SOO MANY voice things on 4kids... and they can't just leave like that, can they? They better change May's voice in the new dub. Her voice on mastermind was eeeeeeevil.

back on topic-
    Many people should email Pokemon USA for confirmation of this stuff. Too many rumors. -__-

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    *agrees w/ Ari-chan and Drew*

This whole thing is so confusing. One person says one thing and one says another, and we're all left to pick out who to believe. I feel like the CIA trying to figure out terrorist calls! XD

I personally think that it's both money and friendship. So she wants money, who doesn't? PUSA does. 4Kids does. Why should we expect Taylor to be any different? She's a human being, not some super-human immune to greed or wants. >.>

The bottom line is that we still won't have them back. That's what matters. I wish they could all be back, I don't care if PUSA hires even better sound-alikes.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    The truth is that the orginal voice actors was totally not contacted by PUSA in any means. It was like a totally proved evidence that PUSA didn't even bother getting the old voice actors and instead using the new voice actors and totally try to use historical revisionism (an attempt to rewrite history by minimising, denying, or simpily ignoring the essential facts) to make the fans believe that the orginal voice actors never dubed the pokémon anime because it's like totally overshadowed by the new voice actors.

On SOVACast, SOVA Members talked about how NewBrock and NewAsh were signing autographs, when they are like totally dubbed only one special and prehaps like 10 episodes of season 9. It's totally not right...

maddiejoan from BMGf said:
    PUSA never contacted me. Nor did they contact any of what has been termed "The Big Four." (Though I find the term personally silly --we were just voice actors on what I found an enchanting and delightful anime)

TAJ contacted me to let me know how sorry they were that they were going to use "sound-alikes" for a "sample reel". I was never offered the chance to return as Meowth. They might claim differently --but that's my recollection of the events.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2006
    Pokemon and Nindendo are run by the Japanese. When Sony took over Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy here in the U.S., They offered the hosts a contract with the same amount of time on it, but for 1/3 of the money. Pat Sajack had to sway Vanna White and Alex Trebek to take it. Japanese companies try to cut things like this as much as possible in order to get more money for the higher ups over in Japan. I have a liquor store down at the end of my street that is run by a Japanese man, and he wanted $3.90 for a 20 ounce bottle of Coke and $35.00 for a 24 pack of Coors Light. I can go to the Liquor Mart that is 5 minutes further away and get a 20 ounce bottle of Coke for $1.19 and a 24 pack of Coors Light for $22.00. I had recently reported the liquor store down at the end of my street to the Better Business Bureau for overcharging. The wowan at the Better Business Bureau said that I was the 10th person who called them on that liquor store for overcharging. The Japanese sure don't run companies like Bill Gates does.
    Ben

Guest123_x1

When Sony took over Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy here in the U.S., They offered the hosts a contract with the same amount of time on it, but for 1/3 of the money.
    No wonder both shows are heading downhill, especially with the extra fluff and crap like "Prize Puzzles" and "Spin ID" that they add each year.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Happy(X10) said:
    Give them time too. Remember what Jame used to sound like? they just need to find the right voices for the characters. As someone who trys to do alot of cartoon voices myself i know it can be difficult to get the right voice the first time( or the second or third or fourth etc..).

Yeah, I've been watching the Indigo series recently and Ash's, Meowth's and James's voices are kind of weird. James's voice used to be a bit manly. I noticed that Meowth's and James's voices became "normal" in episode 32 where Ash battles Koga so it must take a bit of time.

Back