• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hum... Title for [UU] RMT

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    My first RMT around these parts, and it had to be about the awesome UU metagame ^_^
    I've been around competitive play for enough time to call myself able, but I'm relatively new to the UU environment, so probably I'm missing a load of threats. I wouldn't post this without testing it a bit first, anyways, and so far the results are very positive, so yep.

Team Overview

--

NeoSnake (Gorebyss) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 HP/64 Def/100 Spd/68 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Clamp
    - Barrier
    - Amnesia
    ---

Role: The point to this lead Gorebyss is simple: Barrier/Amnesia according to type of incoming damage, then Clamp the foe in IF it has type advantage.
    This one is a one/two-use kind of Pokemon, but when it works, it's pretty much game. Clamp manages to trap the foe nicely while I setup both defense boosting moves once or twice, then Baton Pass.
    From there on, I have a few options. If in the heat of the battle I focused more on defense, I'll baton pass to BeerPong which is due to suffer EQ spam. I can also pass to Drifblim to absorb Thunderpunch/Ice Punch damage.
    If focused on Amnesia, then Hitmonchan will receive the baton. With Bulk up, I can build my already good defenses and attack. There are a few other options I think are logical too, overall, this Gorebyss is useful to anyone, in any case.

Drifblim (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 240 HP/124 Def/22 SAtk/124 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    ---

Role:
    Drifblim wants to switch in anything of both physical or special nature, but Shadow Ballers and Psychics aren't too welcome.
    Threats put aside, Calm Mind can nicely build up to even avoid the aformentioned problems, then Rest up and Calm Mind even more, to then sweep accordingly.

BeatIt! (Hitmonchan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 126 HP/252 Atk/126 Def
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Ice Punch
    ---

Role: I honestly can't believe not many people use this, after one or two Bulk Ups, with Drain Punch doing both damage and recovering functions, it can Bulk Up even more, and sweep accordingly.

iSteve (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/6 Spd/128 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    ---

Role:
    This is my staller in service. Classic Mantine pretty much, Toxic stall or wall and counter with Surf/Ice Beam. Manages to switch in well against special attacks, which is a plus in my team.

Palin (Altaria) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/186 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Roar
    ---

Role:
    I'm undecided in the last slot, someone can fill that place more properly there.
    Dragon Dance works wonders with Gorebyss's previous support, overall, I'm aiming to setup DD once or twice and sweep. Roar is just to scare away something setting up aswell.

BeerPong (Electrode)@ Choice Specs
    Ability: Soundproof
    EVs: 120 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Explosion
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    ---

Role: My all-time favorite revenge killer. It does it like none other, only problem I can see is Aero which EQs me to death.
    However, it can be more than just a revenge killer. I decided to smack in Specs because his base speed is enough to outspeed most without scarf, and the focus on SP Atk truly delivers, this guy's Thunderbolt, for instance, can OHKO OU's Vaporeon, or very near that.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • encore really hurts your team. your team also suffers from preventing set ups. with a x4 ice weakness, you can't rely on altaria to survive to use roar. hell, even Unaware Bibarel comes in and makes it harder on most of your team.

and that gorebyss starting set is just hoping for the best, but allowing the worst to occur. it can get 2hko'd in so many instances. btw, you'll want it to be Careful nature as it doesn't technically have any special attacks. speaking of which, why do you have that much speed investment? are you trying to outrun base 65, umbreon? you'd have to beat 166 spd. in that case, you'll need 108 spd evs.

i highly suggest you don't make that gorebyss a lead. you should use it as a switchin for pokes like steelix, which even then is a questionable move as predicted explosion would be a complete waste of your strategy.

Back