• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human After All ♦ Human-Shaped Pokémon Club!

Should Empoleon be on the list?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mayyyybe?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I do think Liligant should be considered! But that's about it, since Mr. Mime is already added, and Sudowoodo doesn't have a separate head from body. But if we have a majority vote, we'll add those :)
    You should definitely add Lilligant to the list

What Human-shaped Pokémon has the most elegant design?
    i have to agree with eveyone about Gardevoir has the most elegant design and it's shiny form is also nice

FearAddict

Addicted to Fear, as usually
    Years
  • Well welcome here!

But...I don't know what you mean by "epic". I mean, Sir Aaron's Lucario was epic...Mister Grovyle is epic...but I don't know if that would hold true for any Gardevoirs. Could you explain?

I think that gardevoir is 1 of the top 10 pokemon that looks most on human. She is smart and she is always quite calm, you cant say that about grovyle. (i dont have anything against grovyle). and Gardevoir is not just elegant but she is too elegant :D

btw, im sorry for my lack of english ^^

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Hmmmm...I think you have a point? I really can't say I think of Gardevoir as I do with Grovyle and Lucario...but each to his own, right? Haha...

FearAddict

Years
  • Hmmmm...I think you have a point? I really can't say I think of Gardevoir as I do with Grovyle and Lucario...but each to his own, right? Haha...

Yup, but i think gardevoir is a pokemon that looks a lot like a human, i mean look at jigglypuff (although it is awesome ^^) and at gardevoir (which is i think the awesomest ^^) than is gardevoir far more 'human' than jigglypiff isnt it?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Alright...so we all agree, that Gardevoir is bootiful.

:D

Soooo let's reboot the discussion!

What human-shaped Pokémon(s) do you think is the most original, weird, or creative? Tell me why :)

Conkledurr. He just looks...weird ^^ I don't know why, but...just the old man thing...it's so weird!

As for original and creative, I have to say Pawniard and Bisharp. I mean, even though it looks like a Power Ranger, it's still pretty creative to have the idea for a "blade" Pokémon. And the typing is unique, too. Steel is obvious, because knives are usually steel (or another strong metal), but...where'd they get Dark? Though it may seem obvious to some of you, I think it's just weird...but that's what makes Pokémon cool, isn't it? ...and also, being the only Pokémon with the Dark|Steel typing is pretty unique too!

Last edited:

FearAddict

Years
  • What human-shaped Pokémon(s) do you think is the most original, weird, or creative? Tell me why

I can tell you that i think Ambipom is weird, haha. cuz he actually got 4 hands and a total of 16 fingers. well 2 hands, and 2 tailhands haha. what do you think?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Ah yes, a great choice...

I always though Ambipom was a bit weird...especially its haircut! c: Reminds me of something from Animal Crossing :P

Although, you know, Aipom was a little weird to begin with...

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I'm choosing the one that goes with the most creative

I'd have to go with Hitmontop on this one. Always like to stand on its head. Who does that? (Other than show-offs :P)

As for what everyone else is saying about Ambipom, Machamp should get an honorable mention for his 4 arms, right?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Alright, time to kick things up a bit! :|

What is your least favorite Pokémon that falls into the human-shaped category? Why?

I would have to say Mr. Mime is my least favorite. It's not like I'm scared of clowns, it's just that his chubby parts are a little too disproportionate...I also don't really like how thin his limbs are...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What is your least favorite Pokémon that falls into the human-shaped category? Why?
    Human After All ♦ Human-Shaped Pokémon Club!
    I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it :( It ruins the amazingly cute Piplup line! Piplup feels like it should have so much potential but then it evolves into that hulking steel penguin and... I don't even :( It's just a huge disappointment I guess. It looks like it should be such a strong and powerful Pokémon holding huge mystery and great stats, but it's just a massive let down :c Plus I'm not really sure how it's human shaped considering it's a penguin but yeah xD

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • y u h8terz man

I think it's pretty cool, the way it looks. Though it's trident kinda looks awkward and out of place, I think it looks pretty badass. They managed to make flippers awesome looking...that's an achievement in itself.

Though yeah, Piplup seems a bit too cute to ever be the Incredible Poseidon.

Also, are you saying that I should take it off the list?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Also, are you saying that I should take it off the list?

Ehh, maybe... I mean, it's not really human-shaped unless you count penguins as human-shaped xD But it depends on your definitions I guess x] Maybe we should put it up for a vote! :D

Should Empoleon be in the list of human-shaped Pokémon?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I'm kinda torn on this because it does have a body and does stand upright and it does have a head, but it's not "bulging" like, say, Mr. Mime or Axew.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Should Empoleon be in the list of human-shaped Pokémon?

I'm not really sure, since it is based on a penguin, which isn't exactly that human, though like droomph said, it does have a body and it does stand on two feet. I'd probably have to go with no, since it has too many inhumane features to make it count as a humanoid creature.

missingno000

Houen ichiban!
    Years
  • Name: missingno000
    Which Pokémon shall be your Partner here? Gardevoir. Call her Kivi~
    Why are you joining? Because I like human-shaped Pokémon, especially Saanaito~
    I have read the rules… the answer is… "frog".

—————

Should Empoleon be in the list of human-shaped Pokémon? Nay, for it is penguin-shaped.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • So hey guys, it's time to chat it up here! Let's start this again with a new topic:

Are human-shaped Pokémon generally better or worse designed than their quadruped and other counterparts?

I personally think yes, but I'm seriously biased because Grovyle and Lucario are both in that category x]

But really? I think they would be a bit better designed, because we derive them from something that we are familiar with. And to tell you the truth, some of them are very pretty and badass.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Club is being closed due to passing one month of activity. Droomph, feel free to remake the club if you want.

~Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back