• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Human Ghost in Pearl?

White Dragon ZB

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    This happened at about 9:20 at night. I was in the mansion where you catch Rotom, and after I caught him I decided to do some exploring. When I walked in the room 2nd from the right, I saw some little girl walk out of the room to the right of it. After that I never could find her again. Has this happened to anyone else?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It has no relevance, its just something GF put in. There's a discussion thread somewhere.

Dont worry about it, it wont affect you ever

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
    Oooh! The ghost of the old chateau.

So yeah, I saw the same thing. Maybe there's more to the old chateau than everybody thinks.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    If you walk in and out of that room repeatedly the little girl will show up again. Sometimes there's an old guy in the dining room too. He just looks at you for a split second and floats off. Neither have any effect.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    O_O; freaky. XDDDD
    i've never seen that, but maybe i'll start hanging out at the old chaetau...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    It's a little bonus in the game. It has no effect on the storyline or plot. It's basically something to add that extra eerie feeling to the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    I've never seen it. That place gives me the creeps anyway. I just caught Rotom and ran out of that place.

Years
    This thread is to discuss about the Old Chateau ghosts.

First, all the known information:

Real people ghosts:

Little girl - To see her, go upstairs to the middle room and then go to the second room from the right (the one with the eyes on the wall). When you enter, a little girl should appear on the room on the right, turn around and float (because her legs don't move) to the door, disappearing. If you don't see her, exit and enter the room again until you do.

Butler - Go forward to the dining room and you will see an old man at the other side of the table, who will then float to the left and then disappear. If you don't see him, exit and enter the room again until you do.

Pokémon ghosts:

Gastly are seen everywhere in the mansion. Haunter and Gengar appear less often if you have a GBA game inserted in your DS. And, finally, Rotom appears after obtaining the National Dex if you watch the TV closely during night time.

Mysterious "ghosts"
    The picture in the room where you see the girl has red glowing eyes on it, staring at you unless you approach. When you leave the room and go to the other ones, the eyes will follow your direction. Apart from the eyes, there's the statue at the entrance of the dining room that "appears to be staring at you".

Theories

I heard in this forum a theory about these ghosts. Supposedly, the chef poisoned the food and killed the little girl and the old man, saving himself with an Antidote found in the kitchen.

I have some things to add to this theory. I think the little girl was NOT killed. The TM Substitute found at the room where the girl is can tell another girl was killed instead. Also it's strange that, the Old Gateau, which cures status ailments, wasn't used. But, in my opinion, this was what the real girl used to save herself. Maybe the girl is someone else in the game, she could even have grew up because no one says when this happened. Because there are no clues, it could be anyone, even Cynthia or Dawn (assuming the male character is the main one).

Wait. Or... Gardenia maybe? Anyway,
    By Shiny Umbreon, from The Old Chateau thread.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've saw the old man and girl, it has no effect, really.

Originally posted by King Tyranitar It's a little bonus in the game. It has no effect on the storyline or plot. It's basically something to add that extra eerie feeling to the game.

Speaking of eerie, the music is a bit eerie as well. <.<

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow, I never knew about this..lol
    Well, I'll check this out....its pretty interesting..xD

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    My theory is that it is foreshadowing the third game, of which it is generally accepted that Giratina will be the main storyline figure.
    Perhaps the Old Chateau will be linked to Giratina. Perhaps we will finally find out what lurks behind those people in the Pokemon Mansion (I used AR, and in DP nothing is there). Perhaps many of DP's mysteries that merely seem like easter eggs will be part of game three's storyline.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    wow i read this right after watching the grudge 2 now im all freaked out O.o

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
    ive seen the old man and the girl several times, but ive heard about an old woman too. ive never seen, and ive tried all the rooms many times. also, they just appear after it gets dark (6 or 7 o clock, dont remember now). you cant interact with them too.
    a friend told me that if you try at halloween's night, something special may happen. i dont belive.
    maybe they were created to a "rotom event", but it was cancelled, and the ghosts were left ther, just because its a haunted mansion. thats my theory.

Back