• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humans vs Pokemon! Who would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Well, that's what too much free time does. Anyway.
    Okay, let's take it from the beginning.

Facts:
    -We are talking about this world. Our world. We don't have magical devices that instantly turn into cages and trap Pokemon in nor do we have Pokeballs.
    -Pokemon are far more intelligent than animals. Their attack would be also organized by Mewtwo and Alakazam so they wouldn't be running around like animals.
    -They would attacks us just because they like it. Accept the facts. Just focus on the actual fight between us and them and not the reason. It's completely fictitious and I'm curious if humans would survive against those things.
    -Humans have rockets, nukes, bombs, grenades, firearms, tanks, gases etc
    -Pokemon have all of their magical powers.

Let's take them by type - I won't analyze everything, just some of them.

Ground type : Earthquakes that can demolish buildings and crack open roads. Sand Tomb that could easily make the ground swallow a person in his car, Earth Power causing a tremendous explosion of ground underneath you, Mud Bomb would be quite lethal if you consider that a big ball of rock-hard soil is thrown at your face. Generally, Ground Pokemon could trigger a lot of panic and large scale destruction as well as dash around with their usually sturdy, large bodies and stomp you down.

Rock type : Like, Ground. Rock and Ground share many moves as rock types can use ground type moves and vice versa. They could kill anybody with Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Sandstorm etc and hurling their rocky body at everything.

Poison type : Poison Gas, Sludge and Sludge Bomb. Oh Gunk Shot as well. But mainly, only Poison Gas would be enough to kill everyone on land who inhales it and Sludge would pollute the seas. Poison types would be extremely dangerous.

Psychic : Okay, telekinesis can do anything. ANYTHING. Lift everything and hurl it away, crush our skills, crush our tanks, brain wash us to stop attacking them and attack each other, hypnotize us etc

Dark type : Dark types are evil. Even psychic types can't deal with them. They are so cunning and ferocious. They are purely evil. Their minds work differently than other pokemon's and humans and that's why psychics can't do the job - because they can't read their twisted minds. They can sneak at us and attack. It's like having to deal with the minions of you-know-who. They can attack from a distance with Dark Pulse, which being a shockwave from negative energy, would crush everything.

Ghosts : Bullets? Nope. I don't even know how we would kill those.

Those, and many many other types of Pokemon rampaging. Would we survive or not?

I vote for no.
    Even Lunatone, a relatively weak Pokemon was shown to be able to lift a huge, heavy PMC vehicle with its telekinesis. Two Baltoy were able to hold in mid air a spaceship. Just imagine what they would do to us. I mean only psychic types alone would probably kill us. Now, add all of the others. Grass with their thorny frenzy plant, leaf tornado, various powders etc Water with Hydro Pump and Surf etc

Even without their powers, most Pokemon are so large and dangerous that they could kill us like animals as well. Dragons, huge bugs with blades, bears, hippos, shrews with 4 inches claws and bees with drills would still be dangerous even without their beams. A Rhyperior wouldn't need to summon Stone Edge or Sandstorm to hurt us. It could easily demolish a building with it's tail - it's like a wrecking ball - and a Sandslash wouldn't need an Earthquake. Just a swipe with its huge claws would disembowel us.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    ^I think that we would not survive because Pokemon are way to powerful...

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2020
    I think even with the all our high-tech gadgetry, we would still lose. Especially with all those Rock and Steel types. I mean come on, if YOU saw a Steelix rushing towards you, what would you do? I'd definitely get the heck out of there! Face it, you'd have Electric types causing thunder storms, Water types flooding cities, Fire types causing forest fires, and then we got them Legendaries. Mew-two leading battalions of Psychic types, Kyogre sinking continents, Darkrai keeping everyone from sleeping. We'd be utterly and completely destroyed.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think that you manipulate the situation in such a way that it's impossible for humans to win. I'm not sure why you do it but it's a running trend in every one of your threads about this topic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Toujours, what's so absurd about Pokemon invading another planet, because theirs may be out of resources or something, which doesn't have Pokeballs?

Pokeballs, weren't hanging from trees in the Pokemon world. Suppose that Pokemon exist in another planet to the far edge of the universe. People there invented Pokeballs because Pokemon were dangerous and thus they needed something to capture Pokemon and restrict their power. That's why Pokeballs were invented. Now, it's THEIRS civilization that invented those things. We didn't. Now, say those Pokemon decided to rebel against humans there and they killed everyone. They attacked their trainers and all. So, being left alone there, they run out of resources and decided to invade another planet to live on. So, they attack us.

Anyway, some weaknesses guys wouldn't exist. Like, are Ground type Pokemon made of sand? Because that's the only way possible that they would be weaker to water and grass etc How would a Blissey be damaged more by a chop than by fire? I mean, why do Normal Pokemon get extra damage from fighting than from other things? Fire hurts more than a chop that's for sure. Also many other weaknesses are a bit absurd but I can't remember any other now. Anyway, it's 2 am so better got o sleep ;p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Toujours, what's so absurd about Pokemon invading another planet, because theirs may be out of resources or something, which doesn't have Pokeballs?

Pokeballs, weren't hanging from trees in the Pokemon world. Suppose that Pokemon exist in another planet to the far edge of the universe. People there invented Pokeballs because Pokemon were dangerous and thus they needed something to capture Pokemon and restrict their power. That's why Pokeballs were invented. Now, it's THEIRS civilization that invented those things. We didn't. Now, say those Pokemon decided to rebel against humans there and they killed everyone. They attacked their trainers and all. So, being left alone there, they run out of resources and decided to invade another planet to live on. So, they attack us.

Anyway, some weaknesses guys wouldn't exist. Like, are Ground type Pokemon made of sand? Because that's the only way possible that they would be weaker to water and grass etc How would a Blissey be damaged more by a chop than by fire? I mean, why do Normal Pokemon get extra damage from fighting than from other things? Fire hurts more than a chop that's for sure. Also many other weaknesses are a bit absurd but I can't remember any other now. Anyway, it's 2 am so better got o sleep ;p

Pokemon does not exist. You create an alternate universe specifically designed to make it so humans have no Pokemon-controlling technology, Pokemon want to be on our planet of all planets, and Pokemon are violent and want to kill everyone. It's a very specific universe designed to make sure humans have no out but death. If you look at the Pokemon universe, it's not logical to assume that Pokemon would be violent towards humans. It's also not logical to assume that if Pokemon could get here somehow, the technology couldn't.

If Pokemon needed resources they would come live peacefully with us, not wipe us out for no reason. Most Pokemon aren't inherently violent, and while there may be a struggle at first from the stupidity of our world that would probably want to fight them, it would very quickly be solved and Pokemon would have no need to attack us. Then we would be able to live peacefully.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • If you think about it, there is no need to attack us. Just as sharks won't attacked unless it's provoked (or at least feel that way), who is to say that a Sharpedo has to attack a human? From that point of view, no fight should ever take place.

However, this thread talks about a fight. So obviously in every case he brings up, a Pokémon has been aggravated and will attack a human. In this case, most of the time, the Pokémon should win. However, with very weak and baby Pokémon, the human would win for sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Droomph explained it for me. I just post a fictitious scenario and everyone tries to bring it on a realistic level. It can't be realistic as Pokemon aren't real. When you watch movies about aliens invading Earth do you call Hollywood and tell them that the movie was crap because aliens wouldn't have a reason to attack us? Pokemon in this situation just went crazy and attacked us. Accept it and if you want post your opinion on who would win. Humans with technology or Pokemon with powers.

Droomph, we are more defenseless than them. The only humans able to deal with Pokemon would be the special forces and army. Your neighbor wouldn't be able to defeat an Umbreon. Even some baby Pokemon can defend themselves. Mime Jr and Ralts are psychic types so their telekinetic powers may not be strong enough to lift a car but they would trigger you a migraine powerful enough to incapacitate you. Besides, all of the baby Pokemon would be protected and accompanied by their older evolutions.

Poison, Steel, Ghost and Psychic would be enough to exterminate us in my opinion.

Here is a big example :

Water:
    Starmie used Surf. Troops got swept away and drowned.
    Vaporeon used Aqua Tail. Soldier slumps to the ground with a broken spine.
    Jellicent used Hydro Pump. Troops sent flying.
    Blastoise used Hydro Cannon. Tank tipped over.
    Gastrodon used Water Pulse. Soldier falls down with brain damage.

Fire:
    Charizard used Blast Burn. Everything is on fire.
    Heatran used Overheat. Everything burnt to a crisp.

Electric:
    Pikachu used Thunder Wave at a power plant. Black out.
    Galvantula used Thunder. Soldiers electrocuted to ashes.

Grass:
    Venusaur used Frenzy Plant. Troops got shredded.
    Shiftry used Razor Leaf. Severe lacerations and bleeding.
    Roserade used Leaf Storm. Devastated by a bunch of sharp leaves.
    Vileplume used Stun Spore. Falls on the ground paralyzed.
    Breloom used Seed Bomb. Hard seeds detonating on people's heads.

Ground and Rock :
    Golem used Stone Edge. Countless broken bones and mutilation.
    Rhyperior used Rock Wrecker. Homeless people.
    Hippowdon used Earthquake. Buildings demolished.

Dark:
    Tyranitar used Crunch. Mauling everyone around.
    Mandibuzz used Night Slash. Evil vultures attacking ferociously from the sky.

Psychic :
    Lunatone used Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Peaceful death.
    Gardevoir used Psychic. Using telekinesis to lift and hurl away everything also sending back our bullets and nukes.

Pika-D

<(*ΦωΦ*)>
    Years
  • Pokemon are way to powerful for our world to handle. We have nothing to use against them that they couldn't destroy with any of their attacks.

Basically, we're screwed.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You have to either take all realism, or none. Since you're choosing none, humans would win because by then we'll have developed psychic powers and Batman will come to defeat the Pokemon. You're asking for people to make realistic assumptions of how the fight would play out, while giving an unrealistic scenario.

For the record, you have no authority to tell people what to post or what not to post, that's reserved for staff, discussion on whether or not your scenario is realistic is perfectly acceptable. Especially considering there's no discussion to be had for the obvious outcome that you've set up in your scenario. Note how all the posts except for one that relate directly to your question are all very short? Because there's no way to draw it out. This way at least there can be a real discussion as opposed to 50 posts saying "yes Pokemon would win obviously".

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Toujours, just accept the facts of the question and answer. What is so hard to understand? Humans with our current technology vs Pokemon with their natural powers. It's really not that hard. Stop overthinking it. Humans don't have Pokeballs. Say Pokemon just invaded tomorrow. How in the world would we know that so as to create Pokeballs? How would we even create them?! Just accept the question. Stop trying to alter it.

Okay take it this way. Pokemon do exist. They live in a planet somewhere in the universe. The people there have extremely advanced technology as you can see from Pokeballs and so many other devices there. So, as they are running out of resources they want another planet to live on. The only other habitable planet is Earth. So the government, instead of sending humans to invade, sends their Pokemon as they are more destructive and capable of eliminating us. They have Mewtwo as their leader since it's the most clever Pokemon. So they attack. Pretty good now. So accept it.

I also don't tell anyone what to post. I told you to reply only IF you want.

I won't argue with you anymore about how realistic or absurd my thread is. If you are going to express your opinion about who wins then it'll be welcome.

And yeah some Pokemon are just too powerful. Have any of you watched Heroes? Those guys have some powers that are very close to those of Pokemon. They can control sound, electricity, fire, ice, ground and rock, telekinesis, dark energy, flora etc They were very destructive and unstoppable. On their final fight a lot of destruction happened. And only 1 person had a specific ability. For example, only Tracy Strauss had Ice control. Now imagine so many Pokemon of each species having those powers. Who would stop them?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Well, all of you just stated the powers of Pokemon. But how about the powers of human beings? For one, we are far more intelligent than Pokemon. Don't go underestimating intelligence. Second, human beings are far more evil than Pokemon.

Of course they have powers that can lead to mass destruction in a matter of seconds, but with our large arsenal of weapons, we'd be able to kill off most of them before they do any serious damage. Sure, Charizard can make forests burn, but with one shot from a machine gun, with bullets flying much faster than the speed of sound, he'd be done for. So would many others. Sure there are some Pokemon who wouldn't be affected by bullets because of their hard skin, but humans are able to cut diamonds, so those Pokemon won't be a big problem.

As for the ghost Pokemon, capture some dark type Pokemon and force them to take out the ghosts. They're able to do that. Threaten them that you'll hurt their loved ones (Like in the movie Zoroark - Master of Illusion) and they'll do anything you want. That's just how evil humans are.

All in all, it would be a hard battle, but I do believe that humans would win.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well...bears protect their cubs in the wild too, don't they? All I'm saying is that realistically, if we can defeat an animal, we can more or less defeat a Pokémon that size. Of course, there are psychic powers and whatnot, so there are going to be exceptions.

Mango Dolphin

The Trainer that's a Pony
    Years
  • Although strong, I think humans could actually win this.
    Psychic? Witchcraft. Even though it's not really helpful to christians like me..
    Darkness? The Lord our God.
    Rocks? HUURRRRRR I'VE GOT MY HOSE!
    Ground Types? Again with the hose.
    Grass Types. I'll go get my flamethrower.
    UH OH, LOOKS LIKE A POKEMON IS TRYING TO HYPNOTIZE ME! No chance, I can't be hypnotized and God will save us no problem.

Face it, Pokemon are like humans. A little bit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    Well definitely the humans will cripple. Mewtwo alone will wipe out half of the population. It'll just use Psychic to throw everything back, not to mention what ARCEUS will do or Groudon and Kyogre. Yup, Humans are dead.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Psychic human enhanced bio weapons such as Mew-Two aside, human military forces would win hands down. I myself couldn't defeat a lowly Weedle with my bare hands though! :)

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Anything anime-related would own humans in the real world especially with the basis you started us with. I honestly don't know what there is to discuss.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Yes Droomph, but the difference is those psychic powers and whatnot you mentioned. Those are actually what separates Pokemon from animals. Their elemental powers. Normal types would be pretty much like animals. However, there are still some Normal types like Exploud or Wigglytuff that can master sound based moves. Puff, a Hyper Voice and you will be blasted away.

The really tricky ones are the Pokemon that have a type specialty like Water for example. They can attack and destroy everything from a distance. Imagine if animals in this world had powers. You go hunting and instead of facing a poor hare, you come across a Wigglytuff. It feels threatened and it blasts you with Hyper Voice or puts you to sleep. You go camping in the forest, and an Ariados Sludge Bombs you to death. You go fishing and a Gyarados fires a Hyper Beam and you are done. We would struggle to survive if animals had Pokemon powers so just imagine Pokemon actually attacking.

Mango Dolphin, nice humor there...

LightningAlex, we may have weapons but they have too. I mean, what do we have that isn't actually an attack in Pokemon in a way? Firearms? They have Bullet Seed or their Rock attacks. A hard rock traveling at a huge velocity will be lethal anyway. Grenades and bombs? Seed Bomb or Egg Bomb or Magnet Bomb. Tanks? They have Steel types like Metagross, Steelix, Aggron etc
    Also, you can't just kill a large Pokemon with a shot. In this world you can't actually kill any large animal with a single shot. Buffalo? No way. Bear? No way. Hippo? You get it. Now, imagine facing a Charizard. You try to shoot it. It doesn't die unless you shoot it on the head and it burns you to a crisp. Try to shoot a Starmie only to be blasted away with Hydro Pump. Try to shoot a Galvantula only to get fried. Try to shoot a Golem only to find a rock stuck in your chest. Try to shoot a Lunatone and it will send the bullets straight back at you or hypnotize you or hurl you in the skies with telekinesis.
    About the Ghost types. I hope you are kidding. How in the world are you going to capture Dark type Pokemon, which are by their nature evil and mischievous, and threaten to kill their effing family while they are in a war?!!!? Do you think Dark types are that stupid? Duh, their Japanese name is Evil Type. I wouldn't dare to try to capture an alive Absol or Mandibuzz for the sake of my life. Please, keep it logical.
    Seriously? Humans holding Pokemon hostages to bring them with their side?! Let me tell you something. It's humans vs Pokemon, not humans-and-some-Pokemon vs Pokemon. What you said is absurd.

Just explain to me how on Earth would we capture them ALIVE and not be harmed? Even if you managed to do it, they can't be kept in cages. They fire a Dark Pulse and it shatters. Guys, they are not animals. They are Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back