• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huntail or Gorebyss?

Huntail or Gorebyass?

• Huntail

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Gorebyass

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Huntail or Gorebyass which of these two fish do you prefer? I'd have to go with Gorebyass just because its elegant looking and the shiny form colors of gold and purple are a nice touch.

Years
  • I've only ever used Huntail in game so I'll have to go with it, even though I thought it was average at best when I used it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used neither, so can't really say how good they are in battling. :( Design-wise, I like Gorebyass. It's beautiful. Also, of the two, it's also the only one I've actually been able to get a hold of in Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    These are two I've always wanted to use, but never got around to it.

Based on the stats I can tell I would prefer Gorebyss. I like my water Pokemon to be strong special attackers. Mainly because I want to take full advantage of Surf.

Years
  • I gotta go with Gorebyss. I've seen a few Shell Smash and Iron Defense Baton Passing sets work well with it.

And Huntail is kind of ugly. D:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Is that misspelling of Gorebyss in the poll on purpose? xP

I like Gorebyss best simply because I like its design. I find Huntail kinda ugly. xD

Years
  • Is that misspelling of Gorebyss in the poll on purpose? xP
    I was just wondering the same thing o_O

Anyway, I've only used both of them for a short period of time, and that was back on Emerald. Seeing as how all Water type moves were Special Attacks back then, I had much better success using Gorebyss than I did Huntail. Neither of their designs really interested me, and I always found their were better (and easier to obtain) Water type Pokemon available to me, so I never went back and used them again.

So, from my limited experience with the two, I voted for Gorebyss.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Huntail has a weird look on its face that I find ugly so, although I don't really care for Gorebyss either, it still wins in this competition. :s

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I like Huntail because when I first managed to get a look of how they were like, I thought Huntail was more fierce and it was a part dark type. I don't know, I guess it just struck that Huntail was more powerful.

but Shell Smash Baton Pass is just so overkill lol

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't really care for either of them to be honest. If I had to pick I'd say Gorebyss. I really like Clampearl though, and have used it in OU with DeepSeaTooth, which is actually pretty fun.

Years
  • I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I do like both designs but Huntail got the nod for me as it was a version exclusive in the wild in the games which I ended up playing more (Black 2 and X). They do have their niches though.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I actually just traded a Huntail for a Gorebyss on the GTS. I've never used either in battle before, so I'm just gonna go with the one I prefer design-wise, which is Gorebyss. I just think she's very pretty. I think her RSE 'dex entries mentioned that she's also cruel and has a kinda gory way of eating her prey, but they decided to drop that in recent games.

So yeah, my vote goes to vegetarian Gorebyss.

Years
  • More recently, Huntail. Gorebyss is cool and all, especially since it's pink, but the fact that it's possible for it to be male is just awkward to me. I've never trained either of these but am hoping to pick up Huntail sometime when I replay Sapphire. :3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I don't really like either. They're meh Pokemon in my opinion, but in this case, Gorebyss.

It's pink, looks elegant and has Shell Smash + Baton Pass. Prepare to grind your eyes out. Also, disturbing Pokedex entry. Interesting Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I never used either, but Huntail is one of the ugliest pokémon there is imo ;) While Gorebyss is actually pretty. So Gorebyss gets my vote for that simple reason!

I always thought these pokémon were pretty obscure overall. Hardly even saw NPCs in-game use them.

Years
  • I actually really like both their shinies but I guess normally I'd go for... Gorebyss, mainly because Huntail looks more like an eel and they freak me out irl lol xD I've never used either though so it's hard to say.

Back