• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunted

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Rating: PG-13 for language, blood, violence. Might be rated R in some parts, there will be a warning if so.
    Genre: Action/Thriller/Some romance

This is another attempt at a fanfic. I haven't found my niche yet but I think this story might be it. I have a lot of things planned for it. There will be no prolouge because I don't believe in them. Just kidding I just wanted to get straight into the action. So here it is chapter 1 of Hunted.

Hunted

Chapter 1-They are always watching...

Keep your head down…

Noah Starkly strolled through the crowded streets of Goldenrod City. He pulled his gray fedora over his raven black hair as the tip of the hat eclipsed his obscure green eyes.

Don't look anyone in the eyes, but don't look away…

Noah examined the crowd, everyone looked normal, and so did he. But the agents were professionals, they could be anywhere, anyone. Noah's Sneasel, Ace, hiding in his brown jacket, used its ability Extrasensory. Noah looked down at Ace, and the small furry creature looked back and shook his head. Noah relaxed.

They are always watching…

"We have a lock. It's him."

Ace's eyes widened and the Sneasel's head whipped around towards one of the buildings nearby. Noah glanced behind him and then towards a news stand.

"Damn," Noah cursed under his breath.

You must be prepared, always ready to make a move…

"Ace use Hail," Noah muttered.

Ace put its clawed paws to the sky as an extremely cold wind swept by. The crowded streets were soon a mob of chaos as the business men and citizens ran to escape the icy hail. Ace hopped onto Noah shoulder as the boy made a run for the closest alley.

"Wait, we lost him, something happened," said the same voice that had alerted Ace.

Noah sprinted through the back alley and turned a corner. A man and his Machoke were mugging a woman as he entered the back enterance of a restaurant. As he ran by, Noah pushed the man over, allowing the woman to escape. He threw his bag over the fence, and made a one time, pulling both his legs over the right side of it.

Ace grabbed his bag and threw it to him as the duo ran into a small cluster of row houses. Noah jumped into a large bush and took a breath. He stroked Ace's head and smiled.

"Good job buddy," Noah praised.

He quickly shut his mouth as he looked out of the bush. The agents were 50 yards away, clad in black. Tranquilizer gun in one hand, a pokeball in the other. Noah slipped out of the bush and started sprinting. The people who were on their front yards looked at him strangely, but he didn't care. Noah needed to get out of the line of sight.

"Sneasel!" Ace cried.

Noah looked up and saw what he least wanted to see right now. The magnificent Pidgeot floated over the neighborhood, with the agents on its back.

And lastly, if you must, fight until the bitter end…

"Ace use Ice Shard now!" Noah commanded.

Ace formed several razor sharp blades of ice and thrust them into the sky, each striking the huge bird. The Pidgeot fell from the sky as the agents jumped from it as it crashes into the ground. The agents each threw a pokeball, releasing two Scizor. The steel bug pokemon stared down Ace, knowing they had the advantage.

Noah looked around, many of the people in the neighborhood had either stopped what they were doing, or had gone inside to call the police. The police were as bad for Noah as the agents were. He had to finish this quickly.

"Sneasel!" Ace cheered powerfully.

Noah smiled. Ace was in the zone. Ace had never let him down when he was in the zone.

"Steel Claw!" The agents roared.

The twin Scizor charged at the Sneasel and tried to strike. However even without command, Ace knew to use Agility and the attacks missed easily.

"Ice Beam now!" Noah shouted.

Ace's perfected Ice Beam ripped through the ground as the Sneasel was in mid air, striking one of the Scizor head on. Not only did it destroy much of the street, it also destroyed a car, and knocked out the Scizor. Ace had been with Noah his entire life, and even before they were on the run they had trained and trained and trained.

Noah was cunning, Ace was powerful and quick. They were a perfect team.

As expected, the Scizor threw another Steel Claw as Ace landed, only to be met with a Faint Attack, which was more powerful at close range.

"End it with another Ice Shard," Noah yelled.

Ace created five more shards of ice and threw them as if they were ninja stars into the weakened Scizor. Ice, being one of the natural enemies of bug-type pokemon, felled the second Scizor. Noah cheered, but not for long.

The agents raised their tranquilizer guns and shot. One hit Ace directly in the arm. Ace screamed in pain as he fell to the ground. Noah was in too much shock to realize that his vision was blurring. He looked down and saw a dart directly in his chest.

Noah fell to his knees as he began to pass out. The agents began to walk towards him when suddenly they were pushed over by a strong wind. The agents tried to recover but were knocked down again by a bird pokemon. As he slipped into unconciousness, Noah saw the girl carry him away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah woke up in a cold sweat. Where was he? Where was Ace? He got up and noticed his clothes were laying on a desk near the bed he was sleeping in. Noah got up and removed the pajamas he was now dressed in. The young man of 16 years looked at his 5'11 figure in the mirror. He was relatively skinny; he hadn't eaten in a week. Money was tight for Noah and Ace.

Being on the run for two years, money was the biggest wall in his past. Noah went to grab his clothes but noticed a small note written on a sticky note that was over top of the shirt.

It read; "Take a shower before putting these newly washed clothes on. If you stink as bad as these clothes, you're going to need it. The bathroom is in the door to the right."

Noah found the letter to be oddly written but took a shower none the less. The hot water rained down on his head. He loved the sensation of the water of it but still couldn't shake the feeling of uncomfort. For all he knew the agents could have captured him.

After the shower Noah slipped on his purple sweatpants and black shirt and sat his fedora right where it normally is. On his head, covering his eyes. Many things Noah did were solely to be unseen, untraceable.

He took another look around the room. It seemed to be a room of a boy his age. Noah glanced back at the desk. There was a picture of a man he thought he had seen before. The man looked around 20, with blond hair as long as his. There was a horned beetle pokemon next to him on the right side, which he recognized as a Heracross. Standing next to his left was a girl, flowing brown hair, in a pink dress. Her hazel eyes struck him as very beautiful as was her figure. There was also a small old lady to her left, hunched over with a purple cane.

Noah put the photo and walked over to the dresser next to him. There were tons of trophies on the top. He picked one up and read the inscription on the bottom. "Ryan Glimse: Junior U-12 Pokemon Battle Champion." That's where Noah had seen the boy from! He was champion of the Johto League last year. He was sleeping in the room of the famous Ryan Glimse! But how?

Noah felt it was time to get some answers. He opened the door and stepped into the hallway. There was a small set of steps, which led to the kitchen. As he entered, he saw the same old lady from the photo sitting in a chair, Ace in her arms. She rocked him back and forth as if he was an infant and fed the Sneasel a Poffin. As Ace chewed the tasty pastry, he looked up at Noah and smiled.

"Oh, I see that you finally have woken up," the old woman spoke.

"Where am I? Who are you?" Noah said quietly.

He took a look around. There was a small table, where the woman sat at, and all the necessary kitchen devices adjacent to the table. There was a small opening that led to the living room. Noah could see the door out from where he stood.

"There's no need to run. I am not your enemy," the old woman stated, "My name is Mary Glimse. You probably know my grandson."

"Yes, Ryan, Champion of the Johto League. I have watched him many times on television. I was kind of shocked to discover I was staying in his room. It's pretty obvious he hasn't been home in awhile. Or that's what I would assume. I don't even know where I am." Noah said.

"Rest assured. You are safe here; those men that were after you fought off by my granddaughter where ever she is. We got you inside before the cops got there. I'm not sure what those men wanted with you, but it can't be good."

Noah walked towards Mary and stroked Ace's head. He didn't even notice the two head bird slam into him. Noah flew back into the wall and slumped to the floor.

"What the HELL?" Noah yelled.

"Bad Jackson! Bad! Stop!" Mary shouted.

The Doduo, turned and faced Mary and then drooped its head down, knowing it had done wrong. The girl from the photo ran into the room and Noah could help but stare. Her hair was curled perfectly, and she had on a short white top that matched her short white skirt. She stared at him with those striking hazel eyes. The girl walked towards him and hoisted him up with one arm. She sat him down on the couch in the small living room.

"Oh you're bleeding. I'll get you a wet rag," she said.

Noah nodded, and rested his head on a pillow.

"Hey Allie, I'm going to the market with Jackson," Mary shouted to the girl.

"Okay Grandma!" Allie shouted back as she returned with the rag.

"I'm Allie in case you didn't already know. Jackson can be very protective of my grandma. They've been partners forever," Allie smiled as she wet the gash on Noah forehead.

"I know what that's like. Ace there would do anything for me, and I would do anything for him," Noah said.

Ace ran over to Noah and sat on his lap. Allie looked over and smirked.

The smile disappeared quickly, "Who are you, and why were those men after you?"

"They were guys I stole from, no big deal," Noah lied.

"I'm not stupid. Those men were armed with Scizor and tranquilizer guns. That's uncommon for the average citizen. They wanted to capture you for one reason or another. I'm still not sure why," Allie explained.

"If I told you why, you'd be in as much danger as I am. They may not know where I am right now. But they will find me. They are always watching. I don't want you or your grandmother getting hurt. I should go," Noah said.

Noah sat up to leave but Allie put her hand on his chest and gently set him back down.

"You're in no condition to go anywhere. You're staying the night…" She looked at him quizzically.

"Noah," He replied.

"Well Noah, now that you're staying, I think you ought to meet Star," Allie stated.

The pink puffball waddled through the door; its large brown horns sprouting from the sides of its head. The Cleffa approached the Sneasel cautiously and then tackled it playfully.

"Seems their getting along nice," Allie mentioned cheerily.

Noah smiled back at her, knowing he would never see this girl again.

Trust no one...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure it's her?" the voice spoke into the walkie talkie.

The agent on the Fearow that flew over head responded, "Yes, her and the young girl pulled him into their house. I know it."

"Then follow her and her Doduo home. They should lead us right to the target."

"Roger that."

The Fearow made a quick turn as Mary picked up her bag of groceries and began her journey home. Her last journey home.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I thought it was good. "Hunted" - it sounded interesting from the start. I liked how you described the scenes, they came alive in my mind. I also thought it was interesting how you wrote the italicized words to make them seem like some kind of code that Noah had to live by. However, I think the chapter could use a little bit of revising, if you haven't done any already(which I doubt). This might be nitpicking, but when you said "Ace use Hail," and"Ace use Ice Shard now!" and "Ice Beam now!", you could have used commas in the following places:
    "Ace, use Hail,"
    "Ace, use Ice Shard now!"
    "Ice Beam, now!"
    Also, you switched tenses in one sentence - The Pidgeot fell from the sky as the agents jumped from it as it crashes into the ground. You had fell and jumped(past tense) and then wrote crashes(present tense). You might want to change crashes to crashed.
    But, overall I'm looking forward to more chapters.

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Thanks for the review Mewtwo 42! I actually did go over and revise, twice. I actually looked at some of those command sentences like "Ace, use hail!" and thought about changing them, but didn't because Word hadn't corrected me. The one where I changed tenses I just completely missed on. I'll try not to let something like that slip next chapter. Thanks again for the review!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree with Arceus200. Bigfoot, this is great, you're a good writer, I hope you post more.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    One thing I really admire about this is your ability to keep me interested. If you can produce chapters of a similar quality to this one in the future, I would agree that this is your niche. :)

One small problem I had was here.

BigfootTheUnbeatable said:
    As expected, the Scizor threw another Steel Claw as Ace landed, only to be met with a Faint Attack, which was more powerful at close range.
    Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a description of the attack rather than "he struck him with [attack X]". For example, you could have said something along the lines of "As expected, the Scizor threw another Steel Claw as Ace landed, but missed: Ace had disappeared! Scizor had a momentary look of confusion on his face as the Sneasel materialised and powerfully struck the Scizor with its claws: a point-blank Faint Attack." Essentially, I think the cliche of "show, don't tell" could really help develop your battle scenes.

Apart from that, great stuff. ^^

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Thanks for the reviews everyone. Especially Acrutheo for pointing out some of my mistakes. Hopefully I've fixed that up with this chapter. Here's another action-packed chapter of Hunted!

Hunted
    Chapter 2-Omen​

Noah laid in Ryan's bed, eyes open, with Ace lying beside him. Mary and Allie were sound asleep in their beds, just as they did every night. Noah was used to not sleeping; his paranoia had kept him sleeping from days on end. It was nothing for them; they did not know how much of a privilege it was to sleep soundly every night.

Ace sniffed the air and then jolted upright. Noah peered into his Sneasel's starry eyes; something wasn't right. Noah got up and slipped into the hallway. The only thing the boy wore was a plain white t-shirt and boxers. He armed himself with a bat lying in closet to his right as Ace snuck down stairs silently.

As he got to the bottom of the steps, Ace signaled up to Noah. He tip-toed down the steps and picked Ace up onto his shoulder as he pet him.

"It's okay. It's okay," Noah whispered.

Noah walked into the kitchen and checked every corner. After all, that's how he was taught. Noah put his hand on his neck and touched the tattoo that reminded him of all of those days in , all of those tireless days.

Noah pulled a chair over towards the wall and stood on it. He looked through the window and saw them. Houndoom. Four of them. Noah looked around for agents. None in sight, but he was sure they were there.

Bam! Bam! Ace pulled Noah back as two large needles flew through the window. They had seen him. Noah got up and began to run, but was sent flying as the wall came crashing down. A large beetle pokemon with pincers the side of its head bounded through the hole in the wall. The Pinser shot the Pin Missle that had been hurled through the window.

The creepy bug pokemon crept closer to Noah. His instincts kicked in as he reached for the bat but the Pinsir's body slammed Noah into the wall. Noah began to spit blood. The Pinsir went to pick up Noah but was suddenly clipped by a large bird.

"Noah, meet my Swellow, Rose," Allie said as she ran to him and picked him up.

Noah's vision had recovered; Allie was in her pajamas too. She was probably woken by the attack. Star was on her shoulder, looking terrified. Noah glanced over at the Pinsir. It was on the ground, knocked out cold, with a triumphant Rose perched over it.

"There's Houndoom patrolling the lawn. They've probably…" Noah spit out more blood, the Pinsir had hit him really hard, "They've probably found out that the Pinsir is down. They'll send in more agents."

Allie nodded and then looked over to Rose, who nodded back. Rose waddled over to the door and then flew out into the yard. Noah was surprised; he didn't expect a girl like Allie to be this calm in a situation like this. There was more to this light-hearted girl than he thought.

Crack! Noah and Allie turned their heads toward the back door. Someone had gotten in. Allie motioned for Noah to follow her. They found a large drawer which held pot and pans. Allie reached in and pulled all of the things that were inside onto the floor.

"Get in," Allie told Noah.

"What? You can't fight them by yourself," Noah stated.

"I have Star. Now get in the drawer," Allie commanded as she stuffed him into the cramped drawer along with Ace.

Noah sat in the darkness, feeling helpless. Ace drew out his claws and sliced open a small opening in the drawer door. Noah peered out and saw the four Houndoom, facing Allie and Star. One Houndoom leaped at Allie, who kicked it away in one strike.

"Pound, now!" Allie shouted.

The Cleffa jumped onto the Houndoom and threw punch after punch, each connecting with the dog pokemon. A spew of flame came towards Cleffa but was blocked by an instinctive Light Screen.

Light Screen? Noah was surprised again. It seemed like too powerful a move for any old Cleffa to know. Perhaps it was just trained well, but it still seemed weird. Noah looked on as Star struck the third Houndoom with a Double-edge. Noah looked around; where was the fourth Houndoom? He had a limited range of vision.

Noah held his breath; the Houndoom was right next to the drawer, about to pounce on Allie. He had to do something. Noah kicked the door of the drawer open, sending the Houndoom flying back across the kitchen floor.

"Ace, Fury Swipes!" Noah yelled.

Ace lunged at the Houndoom and slashed at it with his claws relentlessly. The Houndoom opened its jaw as its fangs glowed with a red light. Noah could only watch in horror as the Houndoom sunk it's teeth into Ace's neck.

"Dammit, a Fire Fang!" cried Allie, "Star, use Double-edge again."

Star slammed into the Houndoom with a strong force, knocking out the enemy pokemon. Allie grabbed Noah's shoulder, and pulled him close.

"You ass! I told you to stay in the drawer, now look what happened to Ace!" said Allie.

"But that Houndoom was sneaking up behind you," Noah explained.

"I saw him! I was going to surprise him with another attack. Now Ace is in desperate need of a Pokemon Center and we haven't even seen one of….them yet," Allie said, not knowing what word to use in place of 'them'.

Noah made the conscious decision not to say anything back. He limped over to the other side of the kitchen and picked up Ace. Ace had a large open wound in his neck where the Houndoom had bitten him. Allie was right; he needed to get Ace to the Pokemon Center.

"Alright, let's go to the Pokemon Center," Noah agreed.

Allie nodded. As they motioned toward the door, a crash was heard from upstairs. Noah and Allie looked at each other.

"Grandma," Allie whispered.

The two sprinted up the steps and Allie kicked down the door. Noah limped up the stairs behind her and entered the room, Ace still in his hands. Rose was on the floor in Mary's room, knocked unconscious. The window was broken and then was a gaping hole in the wall. The sound of a helicopter's chopper could be heard in the distance.

Noah could only watch on. The agent had captured Allie's grandmother, and it was his fault. Allie stared into the night and then turned to face him. Tears were streaming down her face. She ran to him, hysterically crying, and began throwing punches.

"This is all your fault!" Allie choked.

Noah easily pushed back her pathetic jabs as she fell over on him. The two fell back onto the ground, and Noah heard the crying stop. Allie just laid there, her head in his chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Falkner, phone for you," the gym leader's secretary announced.

The bird master got up from the couch in his office; a Natu perched on his shoulder. The small, round psychic pokemon seemed disturbed. Falkner had a feeling this was not good news.

"Hello?" Falkner greeted as he picked up the phone.

"Falkner? It's Clair. We have some interesting news about what you and the police force have been investigating," The much older woman spoke on the other line.

"Ah, Clair, it's been awhile. Please go on Madame."

The young man of around 20 ran his hands through his spiked blue hair. Falkner was considered to be quite the ladies man, and liked to treat his women nice. Even if the woman was the leader of the Pokemon Gym League Association.

"There have been a number of strange reports going on around Goldenrod City. First, strange people from out of town started showing up, and hanging around the slums. Then, there were several reports of violence around the 700 block of the city, near the Radio Tower. Two men were brought into custody after being found at the scene of the crime. They were agents," Clair explained.

With that last sentence, a chill went down Falkner's spine. He almost spit out his coffee. He gulped the last of it down and then spoke.

"Well where's Whitney? Shouldn't she be delving into this?" Falkner questioned.

The gym leaders of each city/town were sort of like protectors or guardians over their people. If someone disturbed the peace, they would be right along side the police, fighting back the enemy.

"That's the thing. Whitney's been missing for two days. And now we're getting reports of violence in same 700 block, and an unidentified helicopter was seen flying over Goldenrod last night," Clair addressed.

"I see. So, you want me and my police force to come to Goldenrod and investigate?" Falkner guessed.

"No, this is top-secret. Don't even tell anyone where you're going. Leave as soon as possible. And pick up Bugsy along the way; we'll need all the help we can get. I'd tell you more but I'm a little pressed for time. Morty will meet you tomorrow, rendezvous with him. Goodbye Falkner," Clair finished.

Falkner heard the click in his hear signaling that Clair had hung up. Falkner seemed genuinely shocked. He had the best and most loyal police force in Johto, and he was their Captain. She was asking him, and Bugsy, to abruptly leave everything that they were doing and get going. This must be serious business.

The gym leader grabbed his coat and draped it over his shoulders. He grabbed two pokeballs on his way out. As the gym leader strolled out into the pouring rain, he couldn't help but feel that whatever was in Goldenrod was something very dangerous. He released one of the pokemon, revealing the large armored bird known as Skarmory.

"Let's go, to Azalea Town," Falkner commanded as he hopped on his pokemon's back.

As they lifted into the air, Natu began to chirp wildly, as if it didn't want to leave. Falkner knew this was a bad omen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah woke up from his nap abruptly. He was having a nightmare. The image of that Houndoom biting into Ace's neck replayed in his mind over and over again. If he had just listened to Allie, maybe it wouldn't have happened.

No, Noah thought, He was just trying to help her.

Noah looked at Allie, her head rested on his shoulder. She had not yet woken up. Star was wide awake, hopping around the Pokemon Center joyfully. Noah sat in the corner of the Center, on a small couch. The Nurse Joy motioned for Noah to come over.

"Allie, Allie wake up," Noah said quietly as he gently woke up the sleeping girl.

"Huh? Oh are Rose and Ace ready yet?" Allie asked.

"Yeah," Noah replied.

They had gone to the Pokemon Center after finding that Mary had been kidnapped. Their Pokemon were desperately injured and they had no plan. There were rumors that the agents posted in Goldenrod City were operating in the underground. But that was all they had. The two picked up their Pokemon and strolled outside into the nice little field in front of the Center.

Allie walked over to one of the benches and sat down. A few tears fell down her face however she didn't sob. Noah sat down next to her and held her.

"This is why I don't let anyone in. This is why I wanted to leave as soon as I met you. Anyone I've ever known or loved in either a fugitive as well, or dead," Noah began.

Allie looked up at Noah and wiped her face. Ace put his head down solemnly as he thought of what Noah had just said.

"I bring death and pain wherever I go. I'm going to save your grandmother and bring her back to you. Then I will leave, and I will never see you again," Noah explained.

"But…" Allie started.

"No, you don't understand. These people, these agents, will torture you for answers, kill your grandmother in front of you, and then kill you. That's why I'm going in alone," Noah decided.

"Noah, who are these people? Why are they after you?" Allie questioned with a sudden sternness in her voice.

"The Sins of the Father. My fate was sealed before I was even born."

END
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone liked it. Feel free to discuss anything you want and constructive criticism is welcome! I've also made trainer cards for Noah and Allie because they're awesome. (At some point in the story it will be explained why Noah has one gym badge.) :D

Hunted
    Hunted

Next Chapter: Falkner, Bugsy and Morty join up in Goldenrod City and search for Whitney while Noah and Allie search for Allie's grandmother. Are the two connected? Also, there will be a flashback providing more insight on Noah's evolution from promising young talent to fugitive.

Thanks for reading! :bandit:

EDIT: Added revisions to some descriptions. Thanks for the help Mewtwo42!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Alright, chapter two!! *reading*
    Ok, I thought chapter was good. I'll definitely follow this story. I like how you ended the chapter somewhat abruptly on a cliff-hanger. The battle scenes were good and you're building up the plot, and the suspense. But, there were quite a few mistakes, so I think you could have used a little revision. (I marked my corrections and suggestions in green.)

... his paranoia had kept him from sleeping from days on end.

Noah got up and began to run, but was knocked over as the wall broke, sending him flying into the wall.
    Also, the sentence sounds a little awkward. Maybe re-word it like this -
    Noah got up and began to run, but was sent flying as the wall came crashing down.
    I don't know, maybe you like it as it is.

A large beetle pokemon with twin horns on the side of its head entered through the hole in the door.
    Might want to re-word this sentence, too.
    A large beetle pokemon with pincers the side of its head (rushed, bounded, crawled, forced) through the hole in the ((door/wall)?)

The Pinsir had shot that Pin Missle.
    The Pinser shot the Pin Missle that (nearly took Noah's head off,was hurled through the window,etc.)

...the Pinsir's body...

They found a large drawer, which regularly held pots and pans, but they were now in the dishwasher.
    --> This sentence doesn't make much sense.

A spew of flame came towards Cleffa but was blocked but by an instinctive Light Screen.

"The Sins of the Father. My fate was sealed before I was even born."

Keep up the good work. =]

Back