• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunter x Hunter(2011)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I love Hunter x Hunter so much, but I've been stuck on Episode 102 because of college. I really want to catch up to the final episode (148) so I can get started with the manga.

Gon and Leorio are my favorite. Gon is adorable and reminds me of Kid Goku or Goten while Leorio is just straight up hilarious.

Years
  • I love Hunter x Hunter so much, but I've been stuck on Episode 102 because of college. I really want to catch up to the final episode (148) so I can get started with the manga.

Gon and Leorio are my favorite. Gon is adorable and reminds me of Kid Goku or Goten while Leorio is just straight up hilarious.

There is hardly anything to read. Togashi is on hiatsu again and he is going to do a reprint of one of his older series( Yu Yu Hakusho). So we probably won't get chapters this year and not too many next year. I don't know if you know, but HunterxHunters second name is Hiatsu x Hiatsu. I've read the manga up to the most recent chapter and the new arc is pretty damn good, well from what we've gotten so far. Also the anime sadly will most likely continue in 6-8 years unless the author finally does something. So HxH doesn't really have a bright future for now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    There is hardly anything to read. Togashi is on hiatsu again and he is going to do a reprint of one of his older series( Yu Yu Hakusho). So we probably won't get chapters this year and not too many next year. I don't know if you know, but HunterxHunters second name is Hiatsu x Hiatsu. I've read the manga up to the most recent chapter and the new arc is pretty damn good, well from what we've gotten so far. Also the anime sadly will most likely continue in 6-8 years unless the author finally does something. So HxH doesn't really have a bright future for now.

I'm aware he has a bad rep with hiatus. The dude's a genius but he's incredibly lazy. He's like the lazy brother of Oda lmao. I'm glad to see that Yu Yu Hakusho is getting a reprint because that's my number 1 favorite anime/manga of all time.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Shame this thread decided to show up right as the anime is about to die :( I think it's sad it's going away, but it has lots its spark for me over all these episodes. The pacing was really slow and I was getting a little tired of the characters, and I think the whole Gon-Ging relationship dynamic is ******** because I really can't understand how
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Shame this thread decided to show up right as the anime is about to die :( I think it's sad it's going away, but it has lots its spark for me over all these episodes. The pacing was really slow and I was getting a little tired of the characters, and I think the whole Gon-Ging relationship dynamic is ******** because I really can't understand how
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Spoiler:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    The only thing Togashi has done good is make Yu Yu Hakusho and marry Takeuchi (Sailor Moon). He needs to stop playing Dragon Quest X and stop with the scribbles. He's as bad as Miura and his Idolmaster.

Years
  • The only thing Togashi has done good is make Yu Yu Hakusho and marry Takeuchi (Sailor Moon). He needs to stop playing Dragon Quest X and stop with the scribbles. He's as bad as Miura and his Idolmaster.

Why to be honest? With the Yu Yu Hakusho reprint he will make mad cash and as far as I know his wife makes a lot from the Sailor Moon franchise. I wish he was like Oda with One Piece.

Togashi and the author of Berserk(Kentaro Miura. Both stopped doing their series just to play games T_T .

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yeah that's always been weird to me like you never hear about people dropping book series' just to play some Dragon Quest.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Hunter x Hunter, is my favorite anime.
    i like it way better than naruto and dbz.
    all the fights are awesome, the characters are involved and their likeable.
    my favorite arc was yorknew, kurapika was total badass.
    my favorite characters are gon & feitan.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Now that the Anime is over, Wednesdays won't be the same. (NZST) It was great, but I doubt it'll be back anytime soon since Togashi-kun is on hiatus again. Killua is soooo damn cool!

In his defence though, nobody knows what happened during those two years of Hiatus x Hiatus. JUMP doesn't always disclose everything. We also have to remember that Manga artists are human too, not machines designed to pump out chapters every week. They don't get much free time and work a lot. Not everyone can handle that. He is also a father, so his children need attention too. Also Togashi has no assistants and for some reason JUMP apparently won't give him any so he's doing the work by himself.

That being said, he chose to be a Manga artist knowing that the workload was big, and he decided to write more series after Yu Yu Hakusho. He should continue working and actually move the story along. Though that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to take a break lol. I was thinking that he should go monthly, that way we'll get chapters and he can ease the pressure that comes with short deadlines.

Also anyone know the chapter I should start from to continue on from the final episode of the anime?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yeah, the anime ended yesterday. 148 is the last ep. It'll be back, eventually, once Togashi finishes writing an arc or two in the Manga.

damn, that'll be a while. aw well~
    thanks for the confirmation!

Years
  • as always? well, i just got into the animé a few months ago. how long does this hiatus take anyway?

IIRC it took the mangaka around 8-10 years to finish the Ant arc and the art mostly wasn't even good. He is either playing games(I think Dragon Quest), lazy or health issues. So expect the anime to continue in about 10 years or he could just drop the series.

Back