• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hurricane Ike

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Okay, I am following the news, and I just heard that Hurricane Ike is coming to Texas. Yes...it is coming, but I don't know where. I live in Corpus Christi. And I seen the track, it looks like it is going to hit us. It should make landfall on Saturday afternoon/night. Right now it is still in Cuba and it is Cat 2. But when it gets back in the Gulf, it will strengthen to a Cat 3 or 4.

I will keep an eye on the news. Anyone who lives down in South Texas, please follow the news and take precautions.

I probably won't be here. I will be evacuating if this hurricane hits us.

Right now it is a tough call...

OMG, I HATE HURRICANES! I am so scared...;_;

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I feel awful for you. My best advice would be get out of Texas with all your belongings. That'll be tough though since the traffic.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I wish I could that Ryan. But it will be too late. Thanks for the idea though. ^^

Yeah, I think tomorrow I will get ready to pack my things that I don't want to get ruined. I will have to call-in on Friday to see if I can get out of here if this hurricane becomes a very major one. Makes some phone calls to my parents to see what I can do. And I will get out of here!
    Thanks for the suggestion, Tater Tot. ^^

*sigh* I can't afford to evacuate every time a hurricane hits. I like I said, I HATE hurricanes. >_<

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    If I were you. I'd invite my family to come along with me. They may be too busy though, so pray for them. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah my parents live in New Jersey. So they can't come with me, lol. But I am going with my parent's friends(they live where I am). They got a route ready. So it just up to me of what I can do. Well it looks like the hurricane will be Cat 2. And it will hit, but barely miss us. We are still get the brunt of it.

But you never know things change. I really am hoping that it will move away up north from us. But it looks like it will barely miss us, but still we are going to get hit. But it won't be bad.

Back