• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hurricane Rita: The next Katrina? w0ot.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Yo yo peeps :3

There's the new hurricane Rita that is suppoused to be hitting the Galveston area of Texas.

Meteorologists are thinking that this hurricane may be almost as bad as Katrina. But then again, what do they know? They're always wrong lol.

Anyway, just discuss here what you guys think. And then I'll let you know, as a live Houston resident, if Rita turns out bad. :3

Good thing is that so many schools are being closed.

Bad thing is that everybody's now rushing to stores to grab anything they need. lol.

Right now I'm probably gonna go stay with my uncle, so yeah. Wish us Texas peeps luck <3

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to put the poll. lol

Years
    thats so bad, I know someone from texas >.< hope there ok, I hope it turns out good, and not much is done.Cause ive seen what katrina has done , and thats awful >.<

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Some people are saying it'll hit Houston.

That is ridiculous, however. Houston sits on high land and it's a lot farther inland than New Orleans was. If Rita hits Galveston, the cap farthest it'll go is Texas City or League City.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    This thing can't be anywhere near as bad as Katrina, it's only at cat 1 at the moment and it's only expected to raise to cat 3.

I've got my brother around there though so I hope he'll be okay~

Years
    I have heared its catergory is rising >.<
    it might hit new orleans, this is all the polutions fault...we have failed mother earths ways, now we shall be punnished with are own crimes....but all mother earth has are the elements of fire, winds, water..... ** ohh**

Years
    F5s are very rare cases. Indeed it is doubtful that it will be anywhere near as powerful as Katrina was. Nevertheless, a hurricane's destruction depends mostly on the path it chooses, tch, so it really varies. Yes, if it chooses a path where there are many inhabittants it could cause more damage than Katrina did, tch, but I honestly doubt it'll cause too many victims, since ppl are already on alert as a result of Katrina's devastating force.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    *rechecks news* Dang...that's gonna hit my brother's place o_o;

Wow, it's been like 40 years since a cat 5 hit land in American before Katrina, two of them in one year and so close is just crazy. This could very well end up as strong if not stronger than Katrina actually. It's already at cat 5 so that's just as bad.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Erm, since you didn't specify what you wanted for the poll and since this is more of a conversation topic, I think I'm going to move it to other chat ^^

*moved*

vato_nolan

Better than you since 1991.
    Years
    Aawww I heared it's going to hit TEXAS!No TEXAS is the best.That can't happen to my home state.How sad.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I live in Texas, but in the eastern part of it so I'll most likely only get rain here... I was just in Galveston a few weeks ago, though, and it's a shame that it's right in the path of Rita. I especially feel sorry for all of the people there from Louisinia who will now have to go through the whole evacuation process again. From what I've heard on the news, this storm sounds like it will be just as strong as Katrina!

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I live in Houston, and my parents think it's gonna hit us...So yeah, I'm leaving for awhile.
    I hope it's not gonna be strong and devasting as Katrina.

Anyway, see ya sweeties in awhile, I'll miss you all. =3

~Jeremy

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    Charizard_Fire_God said:
    F5s are very rare cases. Indeed it is doubtful that it will be anywhere near as powerful as Katrina was. Nevertheless, a hurricane's destruction depends mostly on the path it chooses, tch, so it really varies. Yes, if it chooses a path where there are many inhabittants it could cause more damage than Katrina did, tch, but I honestly doubt it'll cause too many victims, since ppl are already on alert as a result of Katrina's devastating force.
    eh florin, WHY ARE YOU TALING ABOUT TORNADOS WILL WERE IN A HURRICANE TOPIC!

Lucid

Meh, That's hurricane season for ya. -- They evacuated New Orleans, they're worried about more flooding, that poor city. I even have family coming in from Texas.[/COLOR

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    From what I heard it's now a category 6, I heard from my mom since she works at Maersk and communicates with the other Maersk Company at Houston, they had to evacuate the whole company in Houston because of this hurricane.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    It's actually quite comparable to Katrina right now. It's a cat 5 with 165 mph winds. There's no such thing as a cat 6, Kratos. >.<
    Bye, Jeremy, hope you keep safe!

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Yes there is such a thing as cat 6 but every cat 6 that has ever happened has never reached land before this would be the first. Why do you argue when I can prove you wrong?

Back