• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydration

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • So, how much water do you drink? We're supposed to drink 8 cups, or 1.9 liters of water a day, but most people don't even come close. (Oh, and soda doesn't count. ;))

Me: I actually drink about 10 half liter bottles of water a day... no joke. (And that's on top of at least a liter or 2 of milk/juice a day.) That's almost 3x what we're supposed to drink, so it's probably doing more harm than good. Then again, I'm not trying to drink a lot on purpose... it's just what is natural for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I pretty much live on water and coke, though mostly water. Yesterday I was really thirsty, so in total I'd have had 3 or 4 glass-fuls? (Though my glass is really tall, sooo...) I love water. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Water's pretty much all I drink. I don't like having glasses of milk; I prefer my milk in something like cereal or whatever. Pop's nice to drink, but obviously it's not something anyone should be drinking all the time. For me, I'll usually have a can on the weekend or something. And I don't drink juice either, so... yeah. Water's about it. And I'm fine with that. (b")b

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I barely even drink water like only once or sometimes never x.x but if you take in consideration other drinks like soda, I'm pretty close.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    All I pretty much drink is milk and water.

I only drink soda during movies.

Years
  • We're supposed to drink 8 cups, or 1.9 liters of water a day.

It's different for every person, large people have to drink more water than small people do. A good general rule to go by is drink 30mL for every kilogram you weigh (sorry Americans, not converting that to pounds and gallons XD).

I weigh just over 70kg, so I should be drinking 2100 mL, or 2.1 litres a day. It really depends on the day, but I usually drink anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 litres in a day, so I'm doing alright. I use to drink a lot less water, and I've found that since I have been drinking more water I've been getting headaches less frequently.

Ayselipera

I find water to be the most refreshing refreshment there is, so I try to drink a lot of it. Especially since I know it's good for you to drink a few cups a day. Although I doubt I make the 8 cup preferred amount. I really notice I drink a lot of water after eating greasy or fatty foods. After eating something particularly bad I feel gross all over and so I go to water in hopes of flushing out all the grease and fats from my last meal. Which I believe might be a little more psychological than entirely true. xD At least to the extent I do it.

Looking at the water bottle next to me says it holds 16.9 FL OZ or 500 mL. I drink about 3-4 water bottles a day (I refill) so multiply the amount in the bottle by 3 or 4 and you have the usual amount of water I drink everyday.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I hate water. Damn you essence of life. I live off Propel, Soda and Milk.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I drink around 5-6 glasses of water a day. I prefer soda or juice over water, but I still drink water in order to live.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • It's different for every person, large people have to drink more water than small people do. A good general rule to go by is drink 30mL for every kilogram you weigh (sorry Americans, not converting that to pounds and gallons XD).
    Google is your friend when it comes to conversions. :)
    1kg = 2.2 pounds, and 30ml = 0.00792516157 Gallons. (1 fl oz might be easier to understand though.)

So, if I were to do the math... I should be drinking 1.7 liters... that's even less than the 8 cups they recommend, and I actually drink 21. lol

Years
  • I drink at least 4 cups of water a day, and I usually have other drinks like juice, milk or pop throughout the day. During the summer, though, I drink at least twice the amount of water, sometimes more.

Years
  • I think I do manage to drink 2 liters per day most of the time (on weekends maybe only 1,5l), mostly it's water. Water with lots of H2CO3, to be precise, it's quite tasty that way.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Yeah, soda has at least 1% water. Else, it won't be that liquid-ish. xD Well, my soda, that is.
    I don't like to drink water really. Maybe I drink 4-6 glasses a day. I drink a lot of soft drinks though.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I think I drink around the quantity that an average person is supposed to drink in a day. Sometimes a little more. But it depends on a few other things. Like for example, today my friends drank almost all of a bottle full of water I had bought. It was annoying. And I have limited expenses.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I normally have two 500ml bottles of squash, and then multiple drinks outside of school...so on a thirsty day I'm well over the recommended amount, in summer I'm hitting in extremes, and on a non-thirsty winter day I probably get to at least 1.8 litres.

So overall, I drink too much. But the way I see it, it's to stop me getting headaches due to spending 90% of my waking time either at school, on a computer, watching t.v. or playing music. Sometimes doing a mixture of those, so I need the water to keep myself happy :D

Back