• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydreigon vs. Haxorus

Hydreigon or Haxorus?

• Hydreigon

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Haxorus

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Well, during the battle versus ghetsis his Hydreigon was simply a pain in the ass because of its high defense. It depends if you want a better defense pokemon or attack.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Haxorus's/Fraxures always outspeed me, they're a pain. I'm not really bothered by either of them, Mienshao takes Hydreigon easily and Vanilluxe OHKO's Haxorus, but I guess I'll go with Hydreigon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This one seems more general than the last one, so it seems like a thread for Pokemon General! And well, since vs threads belong there...

As for me, haven't used either, though I do prefer Haxorus' name/design a lot more than I like Hydreigon or its evolution line. :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Haven't played B/W yet, but Hydreigon wins in design by far, and his typing is significantly more badass. :D

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The is one very hard. I love ALL of them + their pre evos. They have excellent designs and have re defined dragon types imo. But I choose Hydreigon, because it looks so evil, an evil dragon for once.

Years
  • I like Haxorus. It is awesome. It looks so cool. I like the blades on its face. It can learn some cool attacks too. I like that its name makes it sound like it is a dinosaur. I like Axew and Fraxure too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Both of 'em are cool indeed, but I grew a slight hatred for Hydreigon after facing Ghetsis'. Sooo, I'm going to have to go with Haxorus here. I like it's design (and definitely its shiny) better anyways.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • This is a tough one because I like them both. D= Haxorus is more of a Dragon Dance physical attacker, while Hydreigon is more special based; and both are pretty powerful! Art wise, they both look amazing too; Haxorus looks like a dinosaur based - dragon with dusks and Hydreigon looks like a dark evil dragon...I use Haxorus a lot more, so, I GUESS I'd prefer him, but, I dunno, both are still amazing~

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hydreigon vs. Haxorus
    Hydreigon vs. Haxorus

HAX0RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUS. AKA ONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOKUSU! (Oh no, no Koo-Soo!)

Honestly, both of these dragons are awesome, but a BATTLE-AXE INVECTID/INSECTOID DRAGON has a bit of an edge against a PSYCHO PUPPETEERING DARK DRAGON. The lines of both lines (barring Axew to an extent) are amazing. Why Haxorus isn't actually a "pseudo-legendary" is beyond me. :cer_pissed:

Also, Hydreigon's blue-red color scheme is a bit oversaturated in Pokemon these days, and it reminds me of Salamence and Crimgan too much...on the other hand, Haxorus's normal and shiny colorations are well-designed. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Design-wise, I personally think Haxorus looks a lot cooler than Hydreigon. To me, Hydreigon looks similar to other blue-ish dragons such as Salamence and Garchomp.

However, I'd have to go with Hydreigon just because of all the work you need to put into it (it evolves from Zweilous at level 64!) and it feels like it's more worth it to me. I dunno. And damn, was Ghetsis' Hydreigon tough!

Years
  • Ohhhhh!! Where's the option to select both of them? ;; I think Haxorus looks a bit ugly, so I'll go for Hydreigon. Battle wise as well I've had a better experience with Hydreigon than with Haxorus. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back