• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyper Beam: Which Generation Made the Best Sound?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    This was always a case in my head. I always loved using it, not just because of the power, but the epic and awesome sounds it makes. Here's what I think of each Generation.

Gen I - Sounds ear killing, but it wasn't as powerful as Gen II
    Gen II - A lot like Gen I, but didn't fade it into a weaker sound
    Gen III - Boring as listening to still water. Sounds like a baloon gone wrong.
    Gen IV - Chaotic, but still didn't achieve the 8-Bit epicness it did in Gen I and II.

An obscure thread but I've always thought of the sounds Hyper Beam made :P

Feel free to agree or have your own opinion

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I've only been around for Gen III and IV....but....

Battle Revolution's noise, and animation, are cool. The animation is the best, ever. Particularly from Magmortar

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Generation 2's Hyper Beam noise was the greatest. In fact, just the beam noise in general was the greatest in Gen 2. I don't like Gen 3 or Gen 4's Hyper Beam noise, it doesn't scream 'You're screwed', like the first two gens.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • In my opinion, Hyper Beam doesn't sound very good...ever. It's just squeaky loads of bzzzt. In the earlier gens, it killed your ears too. In the later ones, it doesn't.

If you want a good beam, go look at Gen III's Solarbeam. Epic, EPIC sound. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gotta go with gen I, since it was the power house move back then anyway. It's just lol worthy now.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that I would have to say Gen II. It's the only one that I can really remember, so naturally it is the only one note worthy.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Right this second the only one I can remember is the Gen 1 Hyper Beam, and for that reason only, I'm going to choose that as my favourite. It was just so ... Hyper sounding xD

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Generation IV Hyper Beam,is my favorite.
    it just looks and sounds awesome!

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • anyone have the actual Midi files so people can listen to them all? i want to hear them all again :D

In Gen I, Surf sounded just as 'your screwd'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2011
    I think mine's the Gen 4, but the ear-splitting one is always fun to listen to.

...You know, for bleeding ear's sake.

Back