• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyper Training

blue

gucci
Years
  • Hyper Training

With Hyper Training, once a Pokemon has reached Level 100 it is possible to increase their individual strengths. Bottle Caps can be collected and given to Mr. Hyper who will improve your Pokemon's stats with Hyper Training. How do you feel about this? Do you think this will have any effect on the competitive side of battling? Discuss!

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • This might be good for anyone who like to raise the stats of Pokémon. I'm wondering if the training regime still utilize shooting to pop some balloons or is it via other methods? Either way, I think this might turn out to be a nice feature.

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    It's a Rash Nature Pikachu with all stats having 31 IVs. Or maybe I could be wrong. Let's see what Hyper training will do for EV training in this gen.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Serebii is reporting that maybe you can train IVs through this.

With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before. It utilises Bottle Caps as an item in order to boost the stats. Magearna will be given one when distributed

I haven't seen where this info is from yet.

Sirfetch’d

This should also be good for tweaking IVs for Hidden Power type!

Years
  • So this is like Super Training but made better? Training IVs definitely is going to shake things up if it'll make raising a competitive team to be much easier than before.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • So I'm gonna give my opinion on this. It's clearly IV training - the official term used by Pokemon for IVs is 'individual strengths' (see their breeding guide).

I just don't get it. I've written this post a couple of times now trying to avoid sounding elitist. I suppose I'll open by saying IVs suck. You know they suck and I know they suck. I don't like the IV system as it stands.

I just don't know how I feel about this change. On one hand I'm glad it will be easier to get perfect Pokemon, I do prefer this to the old system in a sense. On the other hand though, I feel it defeats the object a bit. What's the point of having IVs and EVs with this system? They basically become the same thing, whereas before they represented something. At this point it would have been better to just keep/tweak EVs and scrap IVs altogether.

I know they wanted to make a change. I just don't get how this was the right change. I still understand and share in the celebrations though, the IV system was pretty annoying.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    This is the best damned feature in the game. FOR YEARS I always thought IVs were one of the worst video game mechanics I've ever seen. They do nothing but require hours of tedium and encourage hacking.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    So will the max IV's still be 31 or do you think this feature will allow us to increase it beyond the max?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    This is really something. It seems to be limited to Lv.100 Pokémon which could be a really good balancing attempt (since, for VGC at least, the Pokémon really only need to go to Lv.50 except in rare circumstances). So there's still some effort required for getting the Pokémon, but it's not like you have to toss any Pokémon that isn't perfect. It looks like I won't need to worry about resetting for IVs for those event legendaries I have lined up and waiting for me in the Pokémon Centers.

The only thing I wonder is, will changing the IVs through this system change the Pokémon's Hidden Power? Or will Hidden Power be based solely on the IVs the Pokémon had when obtained(/hatched/caught/etc.)?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    In all honesty, I'm hoping that bottle caps will be difficult to obtain, so that breeding will remain the most efficient way to get a competitively viable Pokemon. IV breeding has gotten much faster and easier in the past couple generations, and I feel like it's a worthwhile post-game activity. I'd be sad to see Hyper Training replace it.

That said, I'm really interested in the possibilities of this feature! I suspect Hyper Training will be very useful for specific Pokemon, ie: legendaries, event Pokemon, your starter (and other Pokemon used during the game's main storyline), Pokemon transferred from Virtual Console RBY, shinies you find in the wild, Pokemon received in trades as gifts from friends... Basically, Pokemon that can't be IV bred, and Pokemon that hold a lot of sentimental value, will have the potential to become competitively viable. I like to play competitively, and I do breed for IVs to get viable Pokemon, but I also hold onto a lot of weak Pokemon just out of personal attachment. I'm eager to see if Hyper Training can bring my "casual" Pokemon up to par.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • With all due respect to anyone who prefers IV Breeding (like the poster above), I really think that the process as a whole is generally a huge pain in the neck, however easier it has gotten. I'd still like a way that generally isn't very time-consuming to have generally good IVs on my Pokemon, and I'm extremely happy that GameFreak has found a way to do this.

Looking forward now more than ever to S&M!

I am too. Someone mentioned event legendaries earlier, I spend a long time resetting for near perfect IV's. Now I don't have to do that, especially if most of the events are Lv. 100 like several of the XY legends were. It also gives me an incentive to level up my mons to 100. I think the last time I leveled a mon to 100 was in Emerald, my first Pokemon game...

Years
  • The only drawback I see with Hyper Training is that you need to have a Pokemon at Lv100 to do it. Hopefully we'll get some places to train, rematchable trainers in a Battle Chateau-like facility, get a free Lucky Egg handed to us or else it'll be hard to get to Lv100.

Years
  • This is wonderful news! If we can optimize the Pokemon IV's my shiny Pokemon that I breeded for point on end will now be useful in battle! I AM SO HAPPY!!! Garchomp, Dedenne, Bellossom, and Ninetales will finally be fully train Pokemon!!! ; - ;

Back