• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyper Training

CyborgHD

Pokemon Enthusiast
Years
  • Competition will definitely be interesting with Hyper Training. I wonder how good my team will be. Guess I'll find out soon enough. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It feel like GF is ready to dismantle and reconstruct competive battling with this generation. That's not a bad thing imo, competitive battling could just some tweaks, plus it allows casual players to be able to make their favorite Pokemon competitive ready, well except for natures...

Btw, did anyone else think of James when reading that it'll involve "bottle-caps"? I remember he collected them in earlier seasons. If the TR trio returns next season, then perhaps they'll mention his bottle cap obsession again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Yes, this should a lot of time. You can go in the adventure with Pokemon having good natures and Egg Moves, then when they reach Lv100, their IVs can go to 31. I can save time building constructive Pokemons and have less Pokemons in the storage system.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • Hyper Training will decrease the value of Pokemon when it comes to Trading, Having a 5/6IV HA Pokemon will no longer matter. Also, even if Bottle Caps are super rare, use them all on a Ditto.

Also this in general makes the game a lot easier, which if you read any of my posts in other threads, Decreasing the Difficulty is the last thing Pokemon needs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Also this in general makes the game a lot easier, which if you read any of my posts in other threads, Decreasing the Difficulty is the last thing Pokemon needs.

I never considered pressing the d-pad in opposite directions for hours and hoping for RNG to give me what I want "difficulty." It's just pointless tedium. And you still have to grind your Pokemon to lv100 so it's not like IVs are handed out for free now. If they want the game to be more difficult there are a ton of better ways to do it

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Even if Hyper Training only works on level 100 Pokemon and costs a bottle cap or two, it's a godsend for those who strive for perfect IVs. I have a shiny Bagon sitting in my Alpha Sapphire box, but I never used it because of a bad IV in Special Defense. I might transfer it over to S/M, grind it to level 100, and fix the IVs.

It also gives a chance for in-game mons to shine competitively.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • I never considered pressing the d-pad in opposite directions for hours and hoping for RNG to give me what I want "difficulty." It's just pointless tedium. And you still have to grind your Pokemon to lv100 so it's not like IVs are handed out for free now. If they want the game to be more difficult there are a ton of better ways to do it

Trade Your pokemon to ORAS, Give them a Lucky Egg, Get them to Level 100 with Blissey in your secret Base and Spam the Elite Four, Trade them back to Sun and Moon, Profit. You could do it all in a Single Day if you were determined enough. It's not hard at all.

I'm not saying that Hyper Training is entirely bad, I actually am looking forward to it. It just has a lot of Cons that can't be overlooked.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Trade Your pokemon to ORAS, Give them a Lucky Egg, Get them to Level 100 with Blissey in your secret Base and Spam the Elite Four, Trade them back to Sun and Moon, Profit. You could do it all in a Single Day if you were determined enough. It's not hard at all.

I'm not saying that Hyper Training is entirely bad, I actually am looking forward to it. It just has a lot of Cons that can't be overlooked.

I read a discussion from here speculating that Pokémon migration to SM is a one way trip.
    (Best example of this is Pokétransporter)
    I think it's only logical because game programming/coding is different from older gens.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Hyper Training will decrease the value of Pokemon when it comes to Trading, Having a 5/6IV HA Pokemon will no longer matter. Also, even if Bottle Caps are super rare, use them all on a Ditto.

You can't do hyper training until your pokémon hits lvl 100. This makes no difference at all to the difficulty of the game because you don't get lvl 100 pokémon before completing the story/League. If you go to the completely optional amount of effort to exploit the mechanic like you suggested in a follow on post, of course it will make things easier, but you are completely free to ignore the ability to do that and frankly if you spend an entire day minimum doing something like that despite knowing it will reduce your enjoyment of the game via reducing the challenge further, you're an idiot.

For almost everyone who plays Sun and Moon, hyper training will be completely irrelevant to their completion of the game and will only come into play with the pokémon they want to use competitively. If you personally do not want the game to be any easier then it takes literally zero effort for you to be part of that 99%. If you don't want to make the game easier and yet waste a full day doing something incredibly tedious to do just that, you have nobody to blame but yourself for your reduced enjoyment of the game.

The only valid downside to hyper training is its affect on pokémon trading and there's still gonna be demand for high/perfect IV pokémon because people will value not having to do the training themselves.

IVs are a terrible mechanic that have forced pokémon players into spending obscene amounts of time on the most menial of tasks for far too long. That people are complaining about that situation improving is beyond me.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I ADORE this! No longer are the potential of Pokemon doomed to randomized stats when you first find them. The team you run through the game with can be used for competitive battles and even in the VGC's (natures and abilities are still a barrier but synchronizing a nature is simple enough and Ability Capsule is a thing unless you need the hidden ability).

Remember that crappy Nidoking you ran through Fire Red with 10 years ago that you still keep just because you cherish it and the memories you've had? or maybe a Sandslash your friend gave you because you didn't have LeafGreen so you two traded to complete the Pokedex, and you ran through the game with him. They can now be very strong! Even that one shiny Pokemon you have ever met in your life can be used competitively (unless the nature is really bad, but it's still good for shiny breeders).
    We already have Super Training (and the more efficient Horde battles) to boost your EV's and remove the unwanted ones, but IV's were always a nightmare. You don't have to run through 10 eggs and toss them all away for the one perfect Pokemon anymore, that method never made sense to me anyways and is a completely different line of thinking than I think TPC intended.

The best part about this is now all those Event Pokemon that they've been giving away this year, and the ingame legendaries and many other unbreedable Pokemon, can now be easily given great IVs, instead of resetting the game a billion times. They tried to fix this before by giving them all 3 perfect IV's, but that's not enough. In competitive battles every point matters. If you're missing that one speed point you're usually screwed, or maybe your attack stat isn't good enough. Let's face it, most people who do well in VGCs have hacked in their Pokemon, or at least the Legendary Pokemon, because NOBODY has Legendaries with 5/6 perfect IVs. Well no longer do legitimate players have to be at a disadvantage. Hell, you can even train a Ditto to have 6 perfect IVs and make breeding easier without the need to hack in a 6IV ditto (that was previously as hard to get or harder to get than a good legendary)

This makes the competitive scene better in every way and I'm already leveling up my legendary and event Pokemon as well as my poorly breed mons (from the early XY days) from ORAS to 100 in preparation for this. This is a godsend.

Last edited:

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • I don't see a downside to not having my Pokemon permanently handicapped by IVs or not having to rely on rng.

First of all, Like I said, being able to take any pokemon and give it Perfect IVs in the game devalues a lot of Pokemon when it comes to trading. For example, a 5IV Heal Ball Cresselia that you spent days trying to catch and a lot of people would be willing to trade for now isn't worth that much because any random person could just go catch a run of the mill cresselia and give it 6IVs.

Secondly, Unless they implement an improved hack check, Hackers can now just cheat in 99 Bottle Caps and 99 Rare Candies to get their perfect Pokemon.

Thirdly, I said it decreases difficulty for 2 reasons, 1. Because I'm really hoping they improve upon the Post Game. and 2. The Battle Maison and Link Battles, Having 5/6IV Pokemon makes this easier (as better stats = less difficulty = better chance to win)

Now Like I said before, I'm actually really looking forward to this mechanic, When I get Sun and Moon I can get that Shiny 5IV Luxray that I always wanted and etc.

Plus Because of Hyper Training you won't have to throw out the pokemon you adventured with during the Story line because their IVs suck. So that's awesome.

Hyper Training is a mechanic that will open up a lot of things that we haven't been able to do before or haven't been able to do before due to time required to do so. You just have to be aware of the problems that this mechanic brings to the table, denying these problems is just being ignorant.

Also, we can't say anything for certain until we know the Rarity of these Bottle Caps. They could be as easy to find as Heart Scales, or they can be extremely rare. Seeing how Magearna holds one, I think it's going to be the ladder.

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Secondly, Unless they implement an improved hack check, Hackers can now just cheat in 99 Bottle Caps and 99 Rare Candies to get their perfect Pokemon.
    That's impossible to prevent with hack check because hacking 99 Bottle Caps and 99 Rade Candies doesn't break the game's internal limits. Hack check can only detect Pokémon that break those limits e.g. by having attack(s) that it can't normally learn.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • First of all, Like I said, being able to take any pokemon and give it Perfect IVs in the game devalues a lot of Pokemon when it comes to trading. For example, a 5IV Heal Ball Cresselia that you spent days trying to catch and a lot of people would be willing to trade for now isn't worth that much because any random person could just go catch a run of the mill cresselia and give it 6IVs.

Secondly, Unless they implement an improved hack check, Hackers can now just cheat in 99 Bottle Caps and 99 Rare Candies to get their perfect Pokemon.

Thirdly, I said it decreases difficulty for 2 reasons, 1. Because I'm really hoping they improve upon the Post Game. and 2. The Battle Maison and Link Battles, Having 5/6IV Pokemon makes this easier (as better stats = less difficulty = better chance to win)

Now Like I said before, I'm actually really looking forward to this mechanic, When I get Sun and Moon I can get that Shiny 5IV Luxray that I always wanted and etc.

Plus Because of Hyper Training you won't have to throw out the pokemon you adventured with during the Story line because their IVs suck. So that's awesome.

Hyper Training is a mechanic that will open up a lot of things that we haven't been able to do before or haven't been able to do before due to time required to do so. You just have to be aware of the problems that this mechanic brings to the table, denying these problems is just being ignorant.

Also, we can't say anything for certain until we know the Rarity of these Bottle Caps. They could be as easy to find as Heart Scales, or they can be extremely rare. Seeing how Magearna holds one, I think it's going to be the ladder.

Your post doesn't make sense at all. People have always found a way to modify their pokémon nature/iv/ev/moves through tools. Since gen 4 external tools and programs have become popular to hack pokemon that look 100% genuine. Even in this gen many people didn't bother. This feature isn't going to stop people from hacking, because their will still be people left to lazy to lvl up pokémon. Even with rare candies and bottle caps. The value of trading pokemon has been degraded since gen 4. People made shiny pokemon with perfect iv's and natures and unless they would screw up they looked 100% legit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I think, if Hyper Training affects the value of traded Pokemon, it won't necessarily be a negative impact. Like others have mentioned, you'll still need to breed if you want ideal natures, abilities, and egg moves - perhaps players will simply come to value these things over IVs in trades. And again, if bottle caps are hard to obtain, IV breeding may still be a worthwhile option anyways.

Sure, it may lower the value of some Pokemon you already have - I guess?? Pokemon you worked hard to breed or soft-reset for? But making the metagame accessible to more players seems like a more progressive cause than preserving the arbitrary value of specific Pokemon, imho. As someone who's done a fair share of breeding and soft resetting, I personally don't really mind.

I also doubt Hyper Training will have much of an impact on hacking. Hacked Pokemon have always been a rampant issue, and they probably always will be. Hyper Training will, at the very least, make it a little easier for legitimate players to compete with hackers.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Wait, so IV Training is now a thing!? Omg finally! Now I don't have to hatch thousands upon thousands of eggs to get that perfect Pokemon! Now I can use my in game team, my starter in competitive! And most importantly, you don't have to soft-reset for perfect IV Legendaries anymore! Seriously, this feature will be an absolute game changer and get a lot of new players into competitive Pokemon.

I kinda understand why some people may be upset by this. I mean, breeding does take up a lot of time, so I understand why some think their efforts are now wasted, but I really think the pros outweigh the cons here. I'm so excited for Sun / Moon just for this feature alone.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    First of all, Like I said, being able to take any pokemon and give it Perfect IVs in the game devalues a lot of Pokemon when it comes to trading. For example, a 5IV Heal Ball Cresselia that you spent days trying to catch and a lot of people would be willing to trade for now isn't worth that much because any random person could just go catch a run of the mill cresselia and give it 6IVs.

It wasn't worth much to begin with when hacking and cloning exists. And rare Pokemon being less """"valuable"""" benefits you just as much as it does them.

But hackers have always been able to hack perfect IV undetectable Pokemon to begin with... all this feature does is make it more feasible for legitimate players to catch up. It changes nothing for hackers.

There's nothing hard or challenging about getting perfect IVs. It's just luck and tedium. And people who were serious about Battle Maison and Link Battles already had perfect Pokemon.

denying these problems is just being ignorant

There are no problems though (;

Back