• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
  • i was totally gonna post this, stealing my thunder Dragon D:

I would still like to see actual footage, but screenshots are fine. Lana! I'm liking her moveset on what was shown. She seems to excel in crowd clearing with plenty of AOE type attacks all around. Reading the description for her, it seems that she a rather dynamic character as she's constantly moving. Which is odd, as most AOE characters in the Warriors series are more on the slower side.

Agitha's moveset is just lol. I want to say that the giant green beetle, is her Musou. If not, then well that's a rather strong Charge move. Unlike Lana, who's battle style I believe I can imagine, Agitha is just weird. I really can't tell how she's gonna play like. I'm guessing she's going to be rather fast, but her weapons says the opposite. Another parasol user in the Warriors series is Okuni, and she's painfully slow in both movement and attack. Hopefully, Agitha doesn't resemble her at all. But, I'm confident that Agitha will have some pretty impressive reach and area coverage with her Charge attacks as she is utilizing her bugs.

ALSO ONE OF MIDNA'S MUSOU IS THE FUSED SHADOW FORM. YES.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I have to say, at first this game looked pretty terrible. But after e3, it's actually shaping up to a game that I really want to pick up!! Call me excited haha

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
  • Hack and slash games are so boring. I'm not afraid to say Dynasty Warriors is one of the worst games I've ever experienced. I hope Hyrule Warriors has some solid dungeons, puzzles and exploration to make up for the battle system.

edit: okay it's not the worst, but when that's all there is to do it gets old fast

Last edited:

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Hack and slash games are so boring. I'm not afraid to say Dynasty Warriors is one of the worst games I've ever experienced. I hope Hyrule Warriors has some solid dungeons, puzzles and exploration to make up for the battle system.
    Huh, I guess not everyone gets the feeling of power by mowing fields full of "weeds"...

But seriously, dungeons, puzzles & exploration would make this more than just a Zelda-ized DynastyWarriors...

& I've read on My Nintendo News that Zelda is offically Queen Zelda in this game.

Last edited:

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
  • Huh, I guess not everyone gets the feeling of power by mowing fields full of "weeds"...

But seriously, dungeons, puzzles & exploration would make this more than just a Zelda-ized DynastyWarriors...

& I've read on My Nintendo News that Zelda is offically Queen Zelda in this game.
    I do but it doesn't keep me entertained long.
    It becomes a little monotonous and arduous after awhile
    I'm still going to get it. I just hope there's more to it than "destroy the monsters with your powers."

Glad the princess finally got an upgrade though.
    I will admit, it's nice they're not afraid to mess with the formula and give us something different.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • After watching the Zelda trailer, I was just curious - as I haven't looked too much into this game - what is the purpose of the Rupee drops? Is it like, going to be used as currency to unlock health grades/power ups/unlockable characters? I'm curious as to the purpose of that incorporated element.

Arc

Years
  • After watching the Zelda trailer, I was just curious - as I haven't looked too much into this game - what is the purpose of the Rupee drops? Is it like, going to be used as currency to unlock health grades/power ups/unlockable characters? I'm curious as to the purpose of that incorporated element.
    The recent entries of the Warriors series have used currency as a means to buy and fuse weapons among other stuff like buying mounts and etc. I'd imagine it would be the same for Hyrule Warriors.

Arc

Years
  • Lana's trailer is up!

Holy crap. This girl's moveset is insane. She's like Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao, Gracia, and Ayagozen combined while being twice as fast than any of those characters. The rolling cube attack was pretty funny to see. Her Charge attack where she creates three barriers and pushes them forward will easily be one of her best moves to use. Lana's Musous seem to be standard fare with the exception of that wall jumping barrier one. That one is awesome. I'm glad Tecmo Koei is going all out with these movesets, I thought Zelda and Impa were fantastic, but Lana here takes the cake.

Arc

Years
  • Here comes the princess of bugs! Agitha's trailer is up.

Oh my. It seems like even Agitha isn't able to escape the curse that is the parasol. As I predicted before, Agitha is on the slower side of the characters shown so far. Although, it does look like she has the moves to offset this disadvantage. A lot of her Charge attacks seem to focus on crowd control and I'm assuming damage. BUT HOLY CRAP, they gave her Siege Spear's C6. Good grief, that will be so abusable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm curious as to what exactly she's saying in Japanese whenever she attacks...either way, I don't really see myself using her that much. Her movements seem sluggish in my opinion, and I'd rather have an agile character as my playbe person.

Arc

Years
  • I'm actually not hearing any words from Agitha, let alone Japanese. All I'm hearing are giggles and generic battles sounds.

Lana on the other hand, is actually speaking Japanese. Although only two words, she does say "Sore!" and "Se no!". In the context "Sore" is being used, probably meaning "There!" aside from it's intended meaning "That". "Se no" means "Ready, set...!", similar to a count down as she says that before throwing a ball of mana at her enemies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I guess Agatha's inclusion makes some sense. They probably want to include a wide variety of fighters, and usually there's always a fighter that fights with animals/plants and it seems Agatha fits that role. Just seemed kinda weird it's her because... she didn't really seem like a fighter but whatever. Kinda disappointed there's a new character instead of reviving someone else (even a minor one like Agatha), but whatever. Judging from the book she's holding, seems like she's the full-on Magic user since Zelda is bow+magic.

Arc

Years
  • Everyone's favourite Twili. Midna!

Don't really have much to say about Midna honestly. She seems to be relatively fast, and she does have some interesting Charge Moves like the whirl and grapple attacks. In terms of moveset, I'd compare Midna to Guan Yinping. Meaning decent speed and movement, but ridiculous amount of damage.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wow, for some reason I didn't notice the second page / trailers when I posted yesterday, derp. These characters look really awesome and looks like we have a pretty diverse selection. Agatha DOES look a little too slow, and woow look at Lana and Midna <3 I'm so excited for this game wowowow

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I'm curious about a couple of things...
    What are your guys opinion on Impa & do you think there's a
    chance that they'll add the medallion attacks from A Link to the Past?
    (Bombos, Ether & Quake)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm really interested in getting Hyrule Warriors, but there's a lot of hate in this game from the fans because of how infamous the Dynasty Warriors series is as Japan's Call of Duty, where it's the same game every installment/crossover.

Also, according to Famitsu scans, Fi is going to be playable, Ghirahim and the Imprisoned are bosses, the Wind Waker is a weapon, and Link and Zelda are getting Skyward Sword skins: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/08056716.html

Arc

Years
  • I'm really interested in getting Hyrule Warriors, but there's a lot of hate in this game from the fans because of how infamous the Dynasty Warriors series is as Japan's Call of Duty, where it's the same game every installment/crossover.
    Yeah. As a fan of the series, I can't deny that the core gameplay is the same each installment. But rather the series perfects and makes the core gameplay more comfortable for the player. Like I would say that there is a considerable amount of difference between Dynasty Warriors 7 when compared to Dynasty Warriors 8.

Funny enough. Koei actually listened to those people who complained that the series was too repetitive and not different enough from the last installment. In response, then they made Dynasty Warriors 6, arguably the worst Dynasty Warriors game. A game where they literally changed too much.

Also, according to Famitsu scans, Fi is going to be playable, Ghirahim and the Imprisoned are bosses, the Wind Waker is a weapon, and Link and Zelda are getting Skyward Sword skins: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/08056716.html
    Yup! You're right. Even though you put the link to Famitsu, I'll just put the scan here.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Zelda and Link get new weapons. The Wind Waker, and Ball and Chain respectively.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Just plain getting MORE excited for this game the more they announce. Thrilled to see what else they bring to the table. Fi should be a fun player, but I hope we get even more fighters. Maybe some bad guys to play as or more fan favorites.

Arc

Years
  • Some screenshots!

Fi:
    Spoiler:

Ghirahim:
    Spoiler:

The Imprisoned:
    Spoiler:

Power Gloves/Ball and Chain:
    Spoiler:

Wind Waker:
    Spoiler:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • God I need this game! XD. Kinda hope Vidni and Ravio are in it either playable or just background

Back