• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i almost had a fire at my house!

Years
    Hey. here i was minding my own business. then i plugged in my computer. BANG. the power supply popped and started to smoke. im lucky i pulled the plug before there was a fire.

idk why i just wanted to tell ppl about this

~'kuni 133t

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
    This is one of those things that you crap yourself about while it's happening, but then it's funny later when you think about it, no? Well it is to me.. I'v had so many encounters of bringing my house(s) down with dumbness. By far the worst one was setting my kitchen on fire... the whole thing, smoked, gone. Electrical fault though, so you can't blame me *cough excuses.**
    The thing is though, even if your power supply exploded your house still won't fry. Your computer will, but shouldn't your fusebox thingo switch off... you DO have one right? Well if you do it will. I'v melted so many powerpoints (well, 3 actually) and all the times the whole houses electricity was cut.
    Is it just me, or do people always do screwy stuff like that all the time?.. well I DO have nothing but technology lying around everywhere. I have to experiment, it's fun... until my house burns down, yea...

well enough of me. Lucky you, your still alive. Celebrate with putting a metal knife (thats the shiny silver stuff) into a powerpoint. It's the cheap alternative to fireworks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    God! Thank GOD your still alive you may have been eletricuted! Fasinating story, glad your still here!

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
    Poor comp. Well it wasn't that good anyway. Don't pay too much on the funeral. Might want to donate it's organs too to some other needy PC like the hard drive.. if not fried, at least.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    I'm sorry to hear this! I'm glad your ok, and you pulled it out of the plug in time!

Years
    im alright. im gonna buy a new power supply for it. its at the hospital right now. i called 911 and they sent an ambulance. lol

HIM

Two Minutes Till Midnight
    Years
    Username said:
    God! Thank GOD your still alive you may have been eletricuted! Fasinating story, glad your still here!
    Actually, Were not... J/K. Thats funny. Haha...

Years
    im lucky. i had just gotten out of the shower. i was still wet. also. my dad said it was a capacitator (sp?). had i not noticed i could have set a fire! im so scared to go to bed! because this happened... about 5 inches from my bed!

HIM

Two Minutes Till Midnight
    Years
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH..... Crap.... That suxxxx. Where ur comp. Does it work?

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
    Your scared of what? Theres no fire. It doesn't take that long for a fire to start... geez -_-' Your being paranoid now. Ths is different that finding a spider, and going to get the sprayable anti-spider solution , then returning and it's not there and you have to go to sleep again, but you know it's still lurking somewhere. Just go to bed~

Ps: if you die from fire, I won't be held responsible

Years
    HIM said:
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH..... Crap.... That suxxxx. Where ur comp. Does it work?
    1. My comp was under my desk. nowits in the living room :confused:
    2. no. its roasted. im gonna fix it tho. :disappointed:

:sleeping:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The closest thing to a fire we had was a small one in the kitchen that, aside from some burnt food items, caused no harm. However in the basement we have a VERY ratty power cord that powers the oven above it, kinda worries me. ._.;

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
    Our house is seriously old. It's just been fixed up on he inside. The gas, water and electricity is soo old. 4 days ago I found out thet our gas system is illigal now because it's dangerous (and we always wondered why our water heater goes BOOM!), our pipes need a plumber every month and the electrical wiring is.... deadly. Some powerpoints are stuck to the wall with glue, lol. But I'm like some electricity expert guy, I know what I'm doing. My mum pulled a power point off the all and went nuts screaming. We're getting everything fixed soon hopefully.. what a crappy house!

Oh yea, back in the old days (about 7 years ago) we had a gas jar thingos explode. You see it on the n00s all the time don't ya? Well good for us it was outside. It was very small and didn;t have much gas left in it anyway. Only destroyed a bit of the ground... Lucky me. I'v had an advernterous life on danger, no?

Back