• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I am about to play platinum for the first time help me pick a starter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    ok people O am about to play platinum for the first time who should I pick for a starter I am looking for the kind of pokemon who will do well in online battles and is easy to train.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Does well in online battles? You don't want a starter, if that's what you're looking for....

XoX I Write Sins XoX

7 Deadly Sins ~ Gluttony
    Years
    I Personally Think Turtwig Is The Best, Cause Its Help With Alot Of The Gyms. And Its Not The Weakest Pokemon Out There. Still Not The Best For Online Battles Though... =/ It Depends On The Nature And How You Train It.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    If you're looking for an easy-to-train starter, go with Turtwig, but if competitive battling is what you're after, choose Piplup or Chimchar. We won't help you too much, because choosing a starter is one of the most personal things in all Pokemon games. Very personal, to me, as my personal opinion is that all the Gen IV starters suck ass.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i chose turtwig the 1st time and got it to level 100. i just got my platinum too and i'm starting off with chimchar this time but i'll change him to houndoom later in the game.
    as the above person said, choosing your on starter is a real personal thing. just go with the pokemon u rly like!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    For competetive battling, Starters are not recomended, but it is your choice. I choose Turtwig every time because he is the best of Gen IV starters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back