• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I am an eternal flame, baby!" [Steven Universe Fanclub]

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    i agree, this Stevenbomb was really intense and way better than the last one. it's like they get better each time.

so who here all likes Sardonyx anyways?? i've heard a lot of mixed opinions.

personally i didn't really care about her much at first.. but as you can see, she grew on me. :x

i really like sardonyx, i like her design and her personality as well. she feels the most balanced to me between garnet and pearl. sugilite for example shows way more amethyst, and opal shows more pearl imo. and i LOVE her weapon, it was a pretty obvious one but i love it haha. it's goofy like her.

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years
    Oh my oh my oh my a SU Fanclub

Crystal Gem to represent you (must be a member of the Crystal Gems! Choose from Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Rose Quartz, Ruby, or Sapphire): Hm... that's hard. I'll go with Pearl!
    Favorite episode: Cry for Help was a really feelsy episode... it's hard to choose!
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: Early April. My Twitter was always talking about SU, so I decided I'd watch it. I ended up watching all the episodes up to Joy Ride in a day, and then watching Say Uncle when it went up. It was great!

Etherion

Historical Friction was boring though :-\

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years
    I thought it was pretty boring too, but it was also fun. We needed an episode like that to break up the tense atmosphere around the rest of the StevenBomb!
    I think I should answer the chatter questions...

1. Who is your favorite non-gem character?
    Connie. She's just a... really good character? I don't know how to explain it but I want more Connie episodes.
    2. Which character do you feel you're most like?
    This question... This question... I guess... Pearl? I can relate to her most out of all the characters.
    3. Who is your favorite gem overall (not limited to Crystal Gems)?
    Sardonyx, if fusions count.
    4. Do you draw fanart or write fanfiction of the series? Would you?
    I might end up getting a drawing tablet for my Birthday, so I'll start drawing fanart then.
    5. Favorite song from Steven Universe?
    Do it for Her/Him, or Strong in the Real Way. Stronger than You is always great too.
    6. What do you think of Lion, Steven's pet pink lion?
    How can you not love Lion? I want a Lion. Someone get me a Lion now.

(As for my extra gem, Lapis! ! !)

Years
    I just realized I forgot to do the extra questions, so here goes~

I really like both Connie and Greg.
    Hrmm... Probably Connie?
    Gah that's a hard one... Pearl. I still love her even after all she's done. x'D
    I don't really have any excuses for my laziness. Though I don't draw a lot these days, the least I could do is make a traditional piece.
    These have been mentioned many times, but for vocals... Strong in the Real Way, Stronger Than You, and Do it for Him/Her. For instrumentals, I like that one song that plays during the Pearl/Holo-Pearl duel in Steven the Sword Fighter, Sardonyx's theme, and the credits song (an instrumental version of "Love Like You," I think?)
    6. What do you think of Lion, Steven's pet pink lion?
    Lion best animal companion. I'm interested to see exactly how he's connected to Rose...

(Lapis for extra gem pls.)

ALSO, did you guys hear...
    New Steven Universe episodes will return August 6th!

Years
    Welcome! All new members added, and extra gems also added. <3 Wow, Lapis sure is popular. We're almost at 30 members too which is exciting.

I like Sardonyx's design. Her personality...not as much.

awe nuu I love her. She makes me smile but to each their own of course. Definitely enjoy her more than Sugilite.. all of the gems formed with Pearl as one of the fusions are so elegant and fun.

So anxious for the regular schedule to return in August. I got into SU right as the first more recent hiatus began a few months ago so I've not been able to watch new episodes normally every week yet. Going to be great.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Something I've recently thought about with fusions is that insecurity tends to play a big part in the actions related to fusion.

For example, Opal tends to act more like Pearl, because despite her trash-talk, Amethyst considers herself to be have less worth than her teammates. Similarly, Sugilite is a monster that shows off and destroys stuff because Garnet's strength makes Amethyst feel more superior and confident, but she still feels like most of the power and worth comes from Garnet, so she tries to show off how strong she can be. Sardonyx is a more severe case of this. Even after defusing, Pearl feels like she's unable to offer any strength or leadership to anyone without being fused. That's why her role in Historical Friction cheered her up so much. Not only was she able to teach and help Steven, she was recognized for the first time in a while for doing something positive, rather than being ignored or treated like an outright villain.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Am I the only one who doesn't think that Opal acts more like Pearl, that Sugilite acts more like Amethyst, and Stevonnie acts more like Connie? They all have their own personalities separate from their component parts IMO.
    For instance, we've seen that Ruby and Sapphire are annoying as all hell. They counteract each other's faults when they fuse due to their love, and that produces Garnet, who is independent and different from both of them.

The same is true for Opal. Although Opal is more fragile due to the fact that Amethyst and Pearl don't have Sapphire's and Ruby's love, Opal becomes a fusion who is not codependent, and not a neurotic jerk. Pearl and Amethyst are both those things, but they lose their insecurities when they form Opal.

Plus, I think Sugilite was such a wreck due in part to Garnet's insensitivity and her fear of Ruby and Sapphire being split up. I don't think Sugilite's instability is all Amethyst's fault.

Overall, the only fusion who I feel has a dominant personality is Malachite, who I'm not sure even counts as a fusion at this point.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Am I the only one who doesn't think that Opal acts more like Garnet, that Sugilite acts more like Amethyst, and Stevonnie acts more like Connie? They all have their own personalities separate from their component parts IMO.
    For instance, we've seen that Ruby and Sapphire are annoying as all hell. They counteract each other's faults when they fuse due to their love, and that produces Garnet, who is independent and different from both of them.

The same is true for Opal. Although Opal is more fragile due to the fact that Amethyst and Pearl don't have Sapphire's and Ruby's love, Opal becomes a fusion who is not codependent, and not a neurotic jerk. Pearl and Amethyst are both those things, but they lose their insecurities when they form Opal.

Plus, I think Sugilite was such a wreck due in part to Garnet's insensitivity and her fear of Ruby and Sapphire being split up. I don't think Sugilite's instability is all Amethyst's fault.

Overall, the only fusion who I feel has a dominant personality is Malachite, who I'm not sure even counts as a fusion at this point.

Sugilite definitely acts more like Amethyst, I don't think anyone will argue with that. I do doubt Garnet fears being split up in Coach Steven, though. It doesn't make much sense given that she was the one jumping at an excuse to form her. If anything, I'd say the fact that she refuses to defuse is due to Garnet, who seemed to be really excited to have a reason to be Sugilite. Everything else was Amethyst, though.

And Opal is kind of a mix of Pearl and what I suppose is more the personality of any decent fusion, rather than Garnet specifically. She does have fewer of Pearls flaws, though those weren't as over-pronounced in Pearl herself at the time, but her style and personality definitely uses Pearl as the base.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Sugilite definitely acts more like Amethyst, I don't think anyone will argue with that. I do doubt Garnet fears being split up in Coach Steven, though. It doesn't make much sense given that she was the one jumping at an excuse to form her. If anything, I'd say the fact that she refuses to defuse is due to Garnet, who seemed to be really excited to have a reason to be Sugilite. Everything else was Amethyst, though.
    I mean I think Sugilite inherited her dislike of unfusing from Garnet's fear of Ruby and Sapphire splitting up.
    And Opal is kind of a mix of Pearl and what I suppose is more the personality of any decent fusion, rather than Garnet specifically. She does have fewer of Pearls flaws, though those weren't as over-pronounced in Pearl herself at the time, but her style and personality definitely uses Pearl as the base.
    Sorry, I meant I don't think Opal acts more like Pearl than Amethyst. I still disagree, though. Opal does more acrobatic stuff than Pearl does, her legs are much more normal-looking like Amehyst's legs, and her skin and hair are wildly different from Pearl's skin and hair.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I think with Sugilite it's less a fear of defusing and more a love of being fused. I can agree it's Garnet providing the feeling, though.

As for Opal, Pearl tends to be more acrobatic than Amethyst, Opal mostly inherited Pearl's slim figure, Pearl's white gem color, and seems to rely more on precision than raw power, much like Pearl. Even Amethyst blames Pearl for all the acrobatics they did as Opal. Opal's outfit even resembles Pearl's more than Amethyst's, and it changed after Pearl regenerated.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    just wanted to drop this in the club:

Spoiler:

all the possible fusions out of the Crystal Gems alone.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I want an episode where Ruby and Sapphire are forcibly separated and need to fuse with Pearl and Amethyst respectively to get back to each other.

I'm not sure what would be physically keeping them apart, but it'd just be cool to see how similar or dissimilar their fusions would be with those of Garnet. Ruby and Amethyst fusing would be a disaster, though, and Pearl and Sapphire would be insufferable.

Years
    Ruby and Amethyst fusing would be a disaster, though

That is a recipe for disaster. I didn't think it could get crazier than Sugilite but with this combo it probably can.

@Larry geez.. I didn't realize there were so many left unexplored. That's awesome.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sour Cream!
    Seriously they can all relate to me in different ways, I can be strict, uptight and protective like Pearl. While a glutton and fun like Amethyst, as well as caring like Garnet.
    Currently it's a tie between Pearl and Garnet! I hope my favorites are gonna get expand soon. :)
    I haven't so far, but I guess it would be fun to draw characters from the Steven Universe!
    Easily, the theme song! Before I knew it I'm singing along every time I hear that catchy theme song.~
    6. What do you think of Lion, Steven's pet pink lion? Totally loving him since his debut! I wish we can see more of Lion's personality. :D

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I want an episode where Ruby and Sapphire are forcibly separated and need to fuse with Pearl and Amethyst respectively to get back to each other.

I was just talking this with my sister. I think Ruby and Amethyst will be insanity incarnate. Pearl and Sapphire will be extremely calm and intelligent. However, Pearl and Ruby/Amethyst and Sapphire in my mind would produce something akin to Garnet.

Years
    I don't think that a Ruby and Amethyst fusion would be all that crazy, because while Amethyst's totally wild I think that Ruby's more logical (albeit angrier, ETERNAL FLAME BABY) so maybe they would balance each other out?

Also, I did Steven Universe fan art and I want to post it here, if that's okay Sheep-san.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I don't think that a Ruby and Amethyst fusion would be all that crazy, because while Amethyst's totally wild I think that Ruby's more logical (albeit angrier, ETERNAL FLAME BABY) so maybe they would balance each other out?
    Thank you so much for saying this! Amethyst has been so mature lately, and Ruby is clearly only a mess when she's been wronged even if she's an emotional gem.

Years
    Even though Amethyst has grown to a great extent I still don't think her changed personality would hugely influence her fused form. Even now as a changed gem that fear of becoming Sugilite is still ingrained within her and likely not something she can fully control - at her core she's still fairly loud/hyperactive and open with her emotions which is a bad combination for Ruby. I just don't think they'd mix very well in the end. You can't ever really change the type of person you are at your core, I don't think.

Technically Amethyst already fused with Ruby before (though Sapphire was also involved..) and I'm assuming Ruby's fiery personality contributed to the end result of the fusion and her rambunctious personality?

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Technically Amethyst already fused with Ruby before (though Sapphire was also involved..) and I'm assuming Ruby's fiery personality contributed to the end result of the fusion and her rambunctious personality?
    Probably, but I think that part of the problem was the very fact that Ruby and Saphhire were both there. I think Sugilite inherited their desire to stay together, which rubbed off on her new fusion personality. If only Ruby was there, I think the fusion would be destructive, but not as crazy. Especially since Amethyst now knows that using another gem to feel strong isn't a good idea.

Back