• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am now a zombie....

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    doodley_doodley_doo_by_elventigress-d3hji0m.jpg

So this last weekend was Anime Oasis. It has come and gone. It was amazing, but I am pretty much a zombie as of now. I'm seriously running on mostly adrenaline. I had tried to find a Petilil plushie to signify Sydian and I would write stories of its adventures but there wasn't one in the dealer's room or Artist's Alley, so I was totally disappoint. In fact, after the first couple hours there I completely forgot I had a camera so I only have two pictures from Thursday out of the ENTIRE con. After I took the first one actually, a Touko cosplayer bapped me on the shoulder with a pokeball and dragged me around all day. (and started an excellent friendship ♥)

This was also the first year I could go to 18+ events, since I didn't have an ID last year. :c I won't go into detail (Because that's a big bad no-no) but it was EPIC. The only thing I am going to attempt to recount is during the 18+ standup event, we'd yell something every time the door closed (I can't say what here) and when the guy who started it said "Just the ladies this time!" I did the rant of Gohan from DBZ abridged.... I wanna say episode 9. If you wanna know, look it up.

I didn't have much Money the first day. By the time I had some the dealers room was closed so I just tossed in $30 for food that lasted us until Saturday night. (And this was Thursday) And then went to two 18+ events that night. Woulda been 3, but I couldn't stay sitting very well so I attempted to go to sleep (This was at about 1 AM.... Thanks to my rambunctious roomies I didn't fall asleep until 3..)

Friday my mind snapped me and the roomy I was sharing a bed with awake at 6:45.(There were 5 of us. 2 on one bed, 2 on the other, one on the chair) Needless to say I was pretty miffed. But I played DDR and Para para in the Game room, as well as some Marvel vs Capcom 3.(My first time playing it EVER so I ROYALLY failed. It was hilarious and not all at the same time. XD)

At about 9:30 I ran into the Touko who captured me, who proceeded to drag me to the bathroom to help her change into her next cosplay (a plusle gijinka) And by the time we finished that someone else wanted to try a dress on her for a formal she never ended up going to... so by the time we finished the dealer room was open. Sooooo I got a Serperior plushie.. (Would have gotten a big old Snivy but they were all gone. :c)I then ran off to Artist's Alley and got the cutest Okami hat EVER. And had an epic dinner as well. After that Friday was pretty so-so. But again I didn't get to sleep when I wanted to. I almost did, but then one of my roomies came in (I had put the do not disturb sign on the door, which we had agreed the first day was the, "Shut the hell up and let people sleep" sign) yelling "Why the hell is that up?!" and totally woke me up and I was grouchy and kept getting yelled at because I was grouchy. I was also constantly told that I was being selfish and "This is what happens at a con" which basically translated to "tough biscuits, we want to be loud so we outnumber you so you have to be quiet because you're the inferior of us all."

Saturday was a roller coaster. By this point I was functioning on like... barely any sleep which was interrupted by a "You're gonna be awake now and you're gonna like it!" need to vomit at 7:30. Spoiler alert on that....
    Spoiler:

And since I didn't want to evoke petty revenge on my roomies for keeping me up (This was the second night in a row and I was freakin tired of it) I quietly got dressed and doodled in the art room for a while. I felt veeeery zombie-ish by then, and my new friend actually had to force me to take a nap. Again, noisy roommates. Couldn't do it. Now keep in mind my roommates all slept until 10 or later after we all went to bed at about 2:30. So I just became bitter. I went and roamed thanks to my new bitter adrenaline rush, and since I couldn't find anyone to talk to, I went back to the room.... two of them were still there, but they took one look at me, realized I needed to sleep and finally were quiet enough so that I could. I only got an hour.... 4-5 PM... but it was enough so that I didn't feel sicker than a dog.

So then I roamed and played more games and whatnot and ended up at the dance that night, where I thought I hurt my knee muscle wise.... a very minor one, but it just turned out I had a raw spot/rash (wasn't sure what it was) on the inside that hurt bad enough when my pants touched it so I couldn't walk well.

And then, something magical happened. There was a "you shouldn't actually sleep" sleepover happening downstairs, and all of my roomies went to it. Meaning I could go to bed and actually sleep. I got the best sleep I'd had since..... Monday night... (More than 4 hours)

But we didn't wake up until 9 AM (only 2 of my roomies had come back and that was long after I passed out and they were actually quiet about it.)so we couldn't do anything before we had to check out at 11 AM and thus leave.

So yeah.....
    tl;dr​

I was at a convention since Thursday, my roommates were jerks and didn't let me sleep much so I really need to, but it was fun and I made new friends.​

So who read all that? XD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'll confess, I didn't read anything besides the spoilers and the tl;dr >_>

Ooohhh look, rat's. :3

Is this why you're so sleep deprived Kiro, my dear? :o

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    dragonomega;bt62470 said:
    I'll confess, I didn't read anything besides the spoilers and the tl;dr >_>

Ooohhh look, rat's. :3

Is this why you're so sleep deprived Kiro, my dear? :o

No shock. Anyone who does will get cookies. XD

Raaaaats! ♥♥♥

And yes. This is PRECISELY why.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I read everything. Oh yesh.

I wish I could cosplay or at least get some good plushies!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Sammyskitty;bt62473 said:
    ZOMBIE I MUST KILL

OMG I WAS AT A CONVENTION ALL WEEKEND TOO

THEN WHO WOULD HELP YOU WITH COMIIIIIICS?

OMG WHAT CON?

Back