• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am sick of music these days.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I mean I just can't stand it.I listen to a lot of music from the past and all so I sometimes go and say to myself hey why don't I go and listen to some music from today? So I open the radio(yes I use radio damn I am old fashioned) and I hear a song that has the same sound to dead or Alive's "You spin me right round". Not only that but I heard a rap version of a favorite rock song of mine. Its just getting ridiculous imo that this is happening. You guys? Oh and covers are getting ridiculous. How do you make you spin me round into a metal song? It boggles my mind.

Years
    I've never been a fan of pop music, really, and the same goes for rap. Given that the majority of music played on popular music radio stations is exactly that I'm not particularly enamoured to them. BBC Radio 1, for example, plays music aimed mostly at girls in their early teens and wannabe rappers, but there are some notable exceptions with DJs like Zane Lowe and Colin Murray (sadly no longer on the station). I deplore most of what they air, otherwise. =/

The bottom line, really, is to not let popular culture dictate what you listen to. Just listen to what you like and try to ignore that which you don't like.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well I have a mix between 80s pop and metal in general so yeah. I don't let it dictate what I listen to but it just makes me twitch at the sound of a perfectly good 80s pop song getting a bad sound in today's music.

Years
    Well I have a mix between 80s pop and metal in general so yeah. I don't let it dictate what I listen to but it just makes me twitch at the sound of a perfectly good 80s pop song getting a bad sound in today's music.

It may not be an eighties pop song, but I think I damn well nearly cried when I heard Kanye West sampling Daft Punk. D:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    It may not be an eighties pop song, but I think I damn well nearly cried when I heard Kanye West sampling Daft Punk. D:
    Exactly what I mean. I mean this isn't just for 80s pop but for garbage like that. I hate it when musicians do that a lot these days. Like Madonna who took Abba's gimme gimme gimme beat and completely ruined it. Damn musicians these days,

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    I haven't listened to the radio in years. Music today sucks big time.

I don't dislike rap. I just hate mainstream rappers because all they rap about is money, women and cars. It's never anything of value.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I haven't listened to the radio in years. Music today sucks big time.

I don't dislike rap. I just hate mainstream rappers because all they rap about is money, women and cars. It's never anything of value
    And violence and taking good beats and destroying them.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I have to agree, music nowadays annoys me... Especially rap... Most music used to have a little meaning (such as the Scatman), but nowadays, music is getting more about how much techno or rap there is, not meanings that inspire and influence people to become better.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    There is plenty of modern music released that you won't hear on the radio. Searching the internet is your best bet. Something I try, is searching for bands I like on Wiki, there should be a link to a page about that bands genre, then more links to other bands on the page about the music genre. It's how I've found a fair few decent bands similar to ones that I already like.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
    I can't stand lyrics, period. Rock, rap, metal, and all other kinds irritate me. They make my high stress levels worse.

The only kind of music I like is orchestra. That doesn't have brainwashing rappers or annoying drama queens for singers. In fact, I listen to it on the bus on the way to school because I get very sick of the constant talking.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It's true that nowadays music is really going down the drain!!
    People are so shallow now when it comes to music! they would hear a one hit wonder on the radio and call them thier favourite group without knowing the name of their album! And then you say oh do you like Led Zep or Metallica or even David bowie and they say who? Never heard of them are they famous?? Its very frustrating nowadays to hear a song on the radio that sounds the very same as the one before and hear its gone no.1. I mean chart music has taken over and i would even say that chart music is its own genre!! Never mind pop & R&B and pop-rock and whatever else they're all just becoming one...

Music is all about the money now... There's no more open mindedness... The days when Boyzone, U2 & Metallica could be in the charts at the same time is gone... There isnt that sort of vareity now

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Excuse me, I understand you have a good right to opinion, but I'd like to point out that while being a long-time listener to Madonna's music, I actually find her beats to be intriguing; not to mention the fact that she could actually sing really good lyrics. :|

The only kind of music that annoying me is pretty much anything that relates to "Right Round" by Flo-Rida. :(
    While her beats are good I am sorry but for cripes sake listen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6-M63HVR2g
    She clearly took it out of that song. And For Flo-Rida's Right round its the exact song I am talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv5qLsLYoo
    The right round part is too much a copy to be a coincidence. And you hate this song? Or did I read wrong?
    It's true that nowadays music is really going down the drain!!
    People are so shallow now when it comes to music! they would hear a one hit wonder on the radio and call them thier favourite group without knowing the name of their album! And then you say oh do you like Led Zep or Metallica or even David bowie and they say who? Never heard of them are they famous?? Its very frustrating nowadays to hear a song on the radio that sounds the very same as the one before and hear its gone no.1. I mean chart music has taken over and i would even say that chart music is its own genre!! Never mind pop & R&B and pop-rock and whatever else they're all just becoming one...

Music is all about the money now... There's no more open mindedness... The days when Boyzone, U2 & Metallica could be in the charts at the same time is gone... There isnt that sort of vareity now
    *applauds* Exactly the point I need to make.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    *applauds* Exactly the point I need to make.

Thank you xD
    Well i just know exactly where you're coming from i mean if you hadn't made this thread i probably would have with similar wording!
    We seem to share the view that music is becoming an overproduced shambles!

Vie

Years
    well, it happens very often that 'artists' copy music. I'm not a fan of such things and therefore I just don't listen to it.
    The best thing is music, made by the artist, coming from the heart, unchanged by any computer thingies.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I dislike rap, pop, etc, all of it sounds the same in my opinion. All it focuses on is the same thing. :\ Some music includes whining on why they hate themselves.

Vie

Years
    What are you on about?

None of my favorite songs have been remixed.
    I listen to new bands most days so meh.

some somgs are stolen, not remixed. maybe your bands don't do that, but some do. You notice when you know the older songs.

Randurro

スペースをとるこ? ??
    Years
    I can't stand rap and R&B music. All my siblings listen to it and it drives me insane. Most songs I can't understand and the ones I do have lyrics that are stupid and disgusting. A lot of newer alternative bands also suffer from terrible lyrics and emo or teeny bopper image. Every time I see a music award show im pissed to see a bunch of rap bands that I have never heard of and not a single rock or metal band gets nominated. Also has anyone heard the song undead by Hollywood undead the opening beat is taken right out of crazy train.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    some somgs are stolen, not remixed. maybe your bands don't do that, but some do. You notice when you know the older songs.

It's called a cover, stealing is illegal. Covering a song is not illegal and the artists usually have permission to do so.
    It's true, a lot of cover songs are not very good. Some can be ok though; Live and Let Die by Guns N' Roses was a pretty good cover imo. Although, I still think the original by Wings is better.

Back