• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I AM THE CHAMPION

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I just HAD to tell everyone about my epic battle with Steven.

My Pokemon: Ho-Oh, Swellow, Hariyama, Shedinja, Altaria, Solrock. All between Lv50 and Lv53.

Skarmory I disposed of pretty quickly with Ho-Oh. I made the mistake of going with Fire Blast straight out, forgetting Skarmory had Sturdy. So after he healed I used Punishment to get rid of Sturdy, then hit him with Fire Blast again.

Aggron was up next and I made light work of him with Hariyama; did a quick Knock Off to get rid of its Sturdy. But Aggron used Iron Tail, wiping out exactly half of my health! And because it had better Speed it moved first again next turn, with Iron Tail, which would have lost me the battle probably, but I miraculously and inexplicably hung on with 3HP and then destroyed him with Close Combat.

In came Claydol ... (here I must admit I cheated a little bit and looked up all his Pokemon's moves) ... and so out I sent Shedinja. Steven knew what I was doing and immediately withdrew, bringing out his Cradily. Man, I fucking hate this thing. On my previous three or four attempts at him I pretty much lost because of Cradily and to a lesser extent his Armaldo; they both have high defences and their dual-typings wipe out several weaknesses. I sent out Swellow hoping to get some big damage with Brave Bird but she eventually went down, thanks to its Rock moves. Then I sent out Altaria, fresh off absolutely destroying Drake and now with Moonblast. I mega evolved, fired off two Cotton Guards to max out my defence, then took a fair whack of damage and was poisoned by Sludge Bomb, smart stuff from Steven, exploiting my now weakness to Poison and bypassing Cotton Guard. I tried full restore dancing and Moonblasting, and managed to wear its health down but eventually went down; leaving me with a Ho-Oh with less than half HP, Solrock and Shedinja, useless against Cradily and Armaldo.

At this point I was starting to stress; I went into the battle supremely confident but now Steven's odds were looking good. Thanks to Ho-Oh's speed I managed to knock Cradily out with Fire Blast (a Rock typing won't help you when it's paired with Bug or Grass!) and managed to do some good damage on Armaldo as well before I finally went down. Solrock has Cosmic Power, which I used, but Armaldo's X-Scissor wiped out two-thirds of my health straight away. Thankfully, Solrock had better Speed, and again Armaldo's typing came back to bite it; my Stone Edge hit for normal, STAB-assisted damage and wiped it out.

Had this been real life, I'd have loved to have seen the look on Steven's face. I Exploded Solrock just for shits and giggles, which did about 3HP damage to a mega evolved Metagross.

Enter Shedinja.

Wonder Guard.

Game. Over.

#fireemoji #100emoji

Should have laid those Spikes at the start buddy! #kissemoji

Last edited:
    Back