• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I ASKED TO BE A MOD"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...keeping the theme of mod-related threads! (And the last one somewhat similar died, hahaha)

Basically, if you were asked to become a moderator, would you accept or decline? If you accepted, what section would you want? If you declined, why? Is it due to having other priorities and not enough time? Or maybe just not interested?

The rest of us can say what forums we'd take if we didn't have our already amazingly perfect section. Oh and the upper staff can say if they were a mod again, whether they'd take their old sections - as in, are they the same as they remember or have they changed too much to want to look after them again?

As for me, I wouldn't give up B/W for any section. I love it too much, buuuut, if I didn't have it, probably OVP, or something. GPG doesn't seem too hard, same goes for PT. Any other PC sections I wouldn't take. And yes, the three I mentioned already have mods, which helps that this is hypothetical. XD

By the way guys, B/W is like the best section ever, not that I'm bias or anything.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well if I was modded, which is my ultimate dream. (Not saying I am asking to be one), I'd definately accept since I spend most of my time here on PC. If I was I would really like to moderate Other Chat, Other Entertainment, Other Voting Polls, Pokemon Groups and Pokemon General since I linger around them the most.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • ...keeping the theme of mod-related threads! (And the last one somewhat similar died, hahaha)

Basically, if you were asked to become a moderator, would you accept or decline? If you accepted, what section would you want? If you declined, why? Is it due to having other priorities and not enough time? Or maybe just not interested?

The rest of us can say what forums we'd take if we didn't have our already amazingly perfect section. Oh and the upper staff can say if they were a mod again, whether they'd take their old sections - as in, are they the same as they remember or have they changed too much to want to look after them again?

As for me, I wouldn't give up B/W for any section. I love it too much, buuuut, if I didn't have it, probably OVP, or something. GPG doesn't seem too hard, same goes for PT. Any other PC sections I wouldn't take. And yes, the three I mentioned already have mods, which helps that this is hypothetical. XD

By the way guys, B/W is like the best section ever, not that I'm bias or anything.

If I were to become a Mod (fingers crossed one day I will in the far future) I would love to Mod the B/W section too! I literally read every single post each day. And I am not even a Mod XD I cant help it, I am too excited about B/W that I have to read everything in that forum.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • First I would take into account that I'm going to be starting college in January and won't have nearly as much free time as I have now. After those first five seconds of responsible thought I would proceed to alter my schedule to better fit my modding responsibilities. :D /shot.

As for what section I'd want to mod, I would hands-down choose the Art Gallery because it's practically a ghost town it's something that's actually important to me and therefore I care what goes on there whether I'm a mod or not. I lurk in virtually everyone's thread as it is. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't hope to become one, I just want to have fun in PC. ^_^
    If I were asked however, my answer would depend on the time I'm experiencing. I would love to moderate the oh so fun Other Trivia, if I were to accept. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If I was modded, I'd accept the position because I (almost) always know what to do in the threads (staying on topic, following the rules, etc.). I'd mod the Pokemon video gaming sections (B/W, HG/SS, D/P/Pt, R/S/E/FR/LG).

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Being a moderator is not so much exciting for me, really, but if I were asked, I would probably say yes, only because I like to control something, in this case a forum. And I would like to moderate any section from the off-topic forums.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I honestly couldn't tell you. It'd depend on a lot of little factors that wouldn't strike the average person as important.

Years
  • When I was younger, being a mod was cool, and epic, and everything good. Mods were like, God. Nowadays, I would consider it a priviledge, but not necessarily beneficial, to either me or the community. As often is the case with many moderators, I might let it get to my head or become a bigger dick than I already am. Anyways, I've have to serve in the army soon, so it would just be irresponsible to the community.

Years
  • I probably would accept such a question, because I am such a power-hungry bastard :D

My choice would probably the challenges forum, where I'm the most active and actually somewhat competent.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't think I'm entirely 'cut out for it' but I'd regret not taking the opportunity, to better myself and the community.
    Metal and Color Generation Games and Other Voting Polls are probably the only sections with standing moderators that I'd actually jump at a chance to staff...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I wouldn't like to be a mod because i enjoy the threads that break the rules too much. Also i would fear for my sanity as the e-power level i would achieve would put my whole being under too much pressure.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • For a long time, I did want to be a mod. Now? Well, I still kind of do. Except now I'm not just power hungry like I used to be. Really, I'd like to give more into the community, but I can't really do that with more money (Having absolutely nothing now), and my posts? Well, I always normally offend someone with my posts, so yeah.

But if for some odd reason I did get modded, then I'd like to be the mod of either the Pokemon RP or General sections. Former because I used to go there a lot, and latter because I am active there a lot.

Years
  • I would love to be a mod. I've had experience modding at other sites & stuff so it wouldn't be that hard to fall back into routine. As for what section, I would love to have Pokemon General or Pokemon groups <3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If I were asked to become a moderator, I would accept for sure. I would like to be of assistance to the community and I always thought it would be awesome to be a mod.
    I would want to mod… New Users/Welcome, Other Voting Polls, Other Trivia, or Pokémon Trivia. Those are all sections I feel that I know the rules well, feel comfortable in, and know what has been going on in them.

shot571

I used to before i realised I catually had to do stuff :O. Now I wouldnt no chance. I mean im not even on that much anymore

Edit - Also you have to be really careful you dont make mistakes cos people seem to emphasise more on a mods mistakes :P

Years
  • Well, if the Staff thinks that I'm qualified for the position, then I'd accept.

Hmmm, I would like either OC, OVP, or Other Entertainment, or I could steal B&W from Nica. >:] B&W would top my personal list, though.

Neo Duality

Waveform
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    No. I've lost all respect for those with power on internet forums, since they almost always turn out to be autocratic users misguided towards their goal of a "greater good". Besides, I do not fully agree with the rules.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I'd decline. I'm really not the type to take on a responsibility of any sort on the internet when I've got enough real ones to deal with.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • No. No time and just not interested.

I've been a moderator a couple of times before on different sites, it really isn't anything special.

Back