• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)

Get Away From That Outlet Pikachu!

You can haz Thunderbolt?
    Years
    So here it goes, I haven't made or posted a team in a long long while, and here it is, this is a pretty sweet team imo, but I definitely want to improve it as much as possible to make it a powerhouse. Hobey ho, here we go.

Team at a Glance:
    I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    @ Leftovers
    Sandstream / Impish Nature
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Roar
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Slack Off

I love this guy, pretty much a standard lead on all times, comes in sets up rocks, then Roars so I get a good look at what I'm up against while getting some damage on foes.

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    @ Choice Specs
    Inner Focus / Modest Nature
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
    ~ Aura Sphere
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power [ice]
    ~ Vacuum Wave

This guy is an absolute terror with Chioce Specs and a Modest Nature I believe he hits 541 Special Attack, most people switch in a physical counter believing he is a physical variant and get smacked in the face with a STABbed Aura Sphere. Shadow Ball / HP ice give me great coverage and Vacuum Wave gives me priority STAB.

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    @ Leftovers
    Liquid Ooze / Calm Nature
    252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rapid Spin

Sets up Toxic Spikes and absorbs them as well, with all the bulky waters running rampant, this is a good thing. Rapid Spin removes etnry hazards, which aren't that big of a deal to my team. Surf + Sludge Bomb = STAB phun, leftovers for recovery.

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    @ Choice Band
    Technician / Adamant Nature
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit

CBzor >>> SDzor

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil / Jolly Nature
    252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Roost

I know everyones gonna say Hyper Cutter > Sand Veil, but the added hax from Sand Veil has saved me many a game. This guys idea is pretty simple: come in on something you scare (Blissey per sey) and SD on the switch, then proceed to kill with great speed and boosted attack. Roost off when necessary, also adds a little bulk to this team.

I can haz AREEMTEE? (OU)
    @ Leftovers
    Levitate / Bold Nature
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Reflect

This is my first time using this guy, but so far hes worked out pretty well, I like this better than Heatran, cause everyone expects Heatran. This guy can come in on Scizor's main STAB, and Heatran check and shrug them off, then proceed to Overheat. Thunderbolt + Shadow Ball = Great STAB that can will be used most of the time. Reflect cuz I is pursuit bait. Light Screen for special attacks, cuz my team can't take them.

There you have it, my latest team.
    As always, any and all help appreciated.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'd personally go Timid >>> Modest as it allows you to outspeed neutral base 100's.

If you're going try and use SDGliscor you'd really want Hyper Cutter, that prevents Intimidate from slashing your attack but its nothing major :)

Ice Beam >>> Sludge Bomb on Tentacruel as it gives you more coverage.

Consider Reflect over WoW as it would clash with Toxic Spikes ;)

Solid team, just wait til Blissey Ice Beam's Gliscor while he sets up =3

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    A few interesting points about this team:

- it dies to Gorebyss in the rain
    - can't really handle dragon moves, especially a boosted one (Scizor and Luke are both 2HKO'd)

Tentacruel, surprisingly, looks like the weakest link here. Scarf it and lose the Rapid Spin for Ice Beam.. surprise KOs on Salamence/Infernape are nice.

On Rotom I don't like WoW that much, might wanna try Light Screen instead coz your team doesn't handle special hits very well (Tentacruel is not a good special wall).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Sludge Bomb >> Ice Beam on Tenta.

1. Poisoning Rapid Spin blockers is hilarious.
    2. So you can actually HIT other water types that will prolly use you as set up fodder.

Anyways there are teams that scarf Tenta can fit into, this aint one of them put lefties back on. You dont need a mence counter/revenge killer either because Sandstorm + SR + CB Bullet Punch >> Salamence.

Reflect >> Light screen on rotom or you are utter pursuit bait.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Tenta doesn't really need Rapid Spin. Sludge Bomb or HP Electric would benefit it more to hurt other water types.. and even revenge Gyarados if needed. It's always good to have a decent check against heavy hitters like mixed Infernape, Gyara, Salamence.. The standard set usually gets only 1 set of toxic spikes before the opponent switches in something that can KO it, so think of Choice Scarf as an added benefit.

Rotom could have Reflect but it will still struggle against Pursuit TTar without a solid way of healing itself or a super effective hit on TTar. Perhaps consider a Reflect Starmie instead with a reliable move like Recover.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Why overheat? I know I know Scizors. Whether you realize it or not a Tbolt will do quite a bit and unless you come in on pursuiter, you should be fine :/.

You COULD try Light Screen > Overheat as you get hit hard by special hits.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    it's true, overheat hardly ever comes in handy. i much prefer hp grass for swampy, but only because my team has a certain weakness against pert.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    If you want to have a Grass Att i'd run Leaf Storm Rotom-C at the very least it can OHKO pert.

Years
    People simply aren't going to leave/switch it in on Cuttom, though.

Why are people using ScarfTenta all of a sudden. It has pathetic SAtk to begin with, so you might as well run Timid252 and Specs. Either way, you have an embarrassing damage output and no major use. Aside from the Poison utilites (Spikes, etc) there are much better options for the bukly revenging water role, such as Starmie, which can viably run Modest, Trick and TBolt. Unless of course I'm missing something.

Back