• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I can replay this forever and never get bored."

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Emerald, Platinum and Soul Silver are the three games I find myself replaying the most often, as well as Explorers of Sky and Shadows of Almia if you include spin-offs in this.

I used to replay Pearl often until I bought Platinum. Later gens aren't as replayable imo, though Scarlet and Violet could have easily been much more replayable if they had level scaling.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been playing Gen 7 every winter since it released. It's comfortable to me.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
    Yep, with pretty much any Pokemon game that lets you build your own teams. There are so many potential team combinations that I don't think I'll ever get bored with the series.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When I replay older games it's usually gen 1 and 2. Occasionally, I also replay gen 3 games (Emerald usually). Gen 1-2 are just very quick to get to the gameplay. Gen 3, Emerald especially, end up being somewhat slower (all these people randomly showing up to give you their number <_<) but still fairly quick.

On the other hand I just can't find myself going back to gens 4 and 5 due to how slow they feel at times and generally I don't really have access to a DS/3DS, anymore, as well.

Years
    I've played ORAS and XY way too many times =P
    To a degree I could also keep playing USUM/SM, but the dialogues and cutscenes are a bit too much for me to want to do it too regularly.

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
    Years
    The Hoenn GBA games are like breathing to me. I can knock out the main story in a day or two if I'm just running through it for the sake of it. As much as I love most of the mainline games, there comes a point where I feel I need to take a break because I feel tedium from the nonstop playing... that doesn't happen in Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald though. I think it's a mix of game feel and familiarity, and I wonder if other gens could join them in this way if I play them more.

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
    I think i can replay amount of times generation 3, because they are so nostalgic for. This games were my first introduction to this franchise, so they are my favorites for that reason

Back