• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can speak a lot of languages

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    So, how many languages can you speak? And what is the best one and you feel most fluent with speaking it?

I can speak 3 languages. I can speak French (a little bit), Arabic (very good), and English. I prefer English, because I like it.

What about you?

Years
    From foreign languages I can speak English only (near perfectly) and German (only a little bit). I'm thinking of learning Japanese (lol).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I can speak-
    Gujarati (Good)
    English (The Best)
    Hindi (Okay)
    Japanese (Okay)
    Chinese (Okay)
    Spanish (Good)

Last edited:

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    I can speak chinese (cantonese), english, and I am currently learning Japanese.

The one I know how to speak well is both chinese/english actually! Since I was born in China and came to the USA and had learned english since I was about six.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Apart from speaking English, I used to be able be fairly good at French while I was at school studying it every day. But after five years not studying it in any way, I have pretty much lost all knowledge of sentence structures and whatnot. I do regret it looking back.

I headed over to France last month and while I remembered a few words, I would have felt a lot better being able to talk to the locals (despite them speaking excellent English). I also studied one year of German, but at the time I wasn't interested and now I'm the only one to blame.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    English is, of course, my primary language and native tongue. But I also speak German moderately well, and I know the basics to Russian.

However, the language I'm perhaps best at is also the only universal language:

Mathematics! ;)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I am pretty fluent in Japanese, and my native language is English. Languages really interest me and I'd love to improve my French, which is not so good. D: My spoken Japanese and French are awful though... I'm also interested in German and Spanish. Kudos to everyone here who speaks two or more languages. :) Charizard★, that's veryyyy impressive! ^_^ You're something of a polyglot.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I can speak French and English fluently. I speak good Portuguese and I understand Indian well. I consider knowing 4 languages, though I can understand Spanish and Italian most of the time since they resemble Portuguese and French. I'm also a newbie at Japanese ^_^ Oh and I know how to insult in various languages, including Arabic ;)

BEAT THAT! :D

Years
    I can fluently use English and Vietnamese, but moreso the former since I use it more often where I live. I'm learning Latin at the moment, but I think I'll transfer to a Latin derivative language when I graduate from highschool (i.e. Spanish, French, Italian...etc).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I can speak French and English fluently. I speak good Portuguese and I understand Indian well. I consider knowing 4 languages, though I can understand Spanish and Italian most of the time since they resemble Portuguese and French. I'm also a newbie at Japanese ^_^ Oh and I know how to insult in various languages, including Arabic ;)

BEAT THAT! :D
    What do you mean Indian? Native American?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think he means Punjabi. I can speak English, (Native Tongue), and I know some phrases in French, I have been taking it for 5, almost 6 years. I also know some assorted characters and words in Japanese.
    Or he could mean Hindi, Gujarati and many others. Indian is not even a language :/

Father-nature

I train only the finest
    Years
    I can speak icelandic(best) english (best) a little japanese(a little bit) danish(good) norwegian(good) and uh that's about it :)

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I can speak (from most fluent to least fluent)
    English (Best)
    Serbian (Really good)
    French (Really good)
    Japanese (Pretty Good)
    Spanish (Good)
    Chinese (maybe enough to start up a conversation)

I know 6 languages :D

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I speak English, Russian and some Korean. Whilst I speak English fluently, I'm studying Russian and therefore am able to hold a conversation with someone. The Korean I know is self-taught and I'm on my way to being able to hold a conversation - or at least call people by the correct term.
    (I know a few Japanese words, but only the basic ones: hello, goodbye, thank you, etc.)

Évan1

Now you're gone!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    I can speak 4 languages; 2 of them fluently. I can speak English, which is not my native language, fluently and German, which I need a little better pronunciation with, too. The other 2 languages are Japanese, which I learned from the anime watching, and Italian, which I learned to speak a little when I lived there.

Back