• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can travel through time!

Years
  • It's known that the DS has a clock and that most of the Pokemon games for DS have certain features, which run off of that clock. So, have you ever decided to "Travel through time" and work the clock to your advantage?

Have you ever abused the DS clock to affect one of your Pokemon games?

If so, for what?

Do you like that this trick is easier to do than waiting?

Lame questions, I know :U.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • Actually, I've done the exact opposite. I had to reset the clock while playing Pearl the first time because my DSLite was convinced it was April 2011 in May 2007.

I'm thinking of setting my DS' clock forward a few months so it can be Summer in Black and White for a few days. I really want to rebattle Cynthia and see Unova in a way that isn't dull.

Noob out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wanted all the props and I had only the cake left so I set my birthday for that day. Does that count?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I did it a lot in HG because I really didn't want to wait for the correct time to get a Gym Leader's number and to re face them. Plus, I really only played in the afternoon on some of the weekdays, so that was the only way I could get the numbers/rematches.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm really iffy about resetting the clock on my games. The only time I really remember doing it was because I didn't wanna wait all week for a Drifloon. Or because I felt like I was getting closer to getting an Umbreon/Espeon.

Also, my DS clock was a month ahead of me for some reason, so I had to endure two consecutive summers in White version in Jan/Feb. :/ Annoying.

Kyoto

Hai, wanna pair? ^^
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I think I did for Animal Crossing >.<

For pokemon, I have to catch some pokemon, I just can't remember which one. Ahh, I just sped it up some hours! I couldn't wait!!!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Years
  • Tried that, but the constant DS restarting it required annoyed me so much that I just let it be.
    I do love changing my laptop's system time while playing on a rom though, only takes a few seconds and it's easy to recover the original time. I don't call it abuse, I call the "It has to be Day X or else you cannot use feature Y so have fun waiting" nonsense and fake difficulty.

Mudkiip

i l u v m u d k i p < 3
    Years
  • Have you ever abused the DS clock to affect one of your Pokemon games?
    Yes
    If so, for what?
    Leveling up my Lucario
    Yes, I rather not wait.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • As the poster above, I moved the time of my Laptop while playing a ROM, just so that I could see what Unova looked like in Winter/any other season besides the current one. It usually doesn't take that long and soon I switch back to the original time.
    If I had a DS, however, I don't think I would move the clock fore- or backwards.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • It's always May in my Black and White games, because Spring is the only decent-looking season. My first play-through was Autumn and it p***ed me off.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Have you ever abused the DS clock to affect one of your Pokemon games?
    Yes, in fact i did it yesterday.
    If so, for what?
    Getting a hoothoot.
    Yes, considering I wouldn't be able to play at the time I had set it to.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • All the time, when I want something.

In recent games they have put in measures to stop time traveling, but I found a way to bypass it often.

Go to change the clock setting on your DS. Set it to the day before you want to travel to, and then set the time to 23:59. Wait for the clock to pass over to 00:00 and it will have passed a day. The game should pick it up as a legitimate day passed, and you can do whatever you want that you can no access once a day passed, as long as you don't time travel again as it picks it up as cheating again.

This only works for 24 hour events or events that work at midnight obviously, I use it for things like battling Cheren repeatedly at Victory Road.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Have you ever abused the DS clock to affect one of your Pokemon games? I don't think I have, actually. I only remember going to Friday once so I could catch Drifloon but it was already Thursday and I just didn't want to have to wait to move on or come back so I mean it didn't really matter that much. :x

If so, for what? ... ^

Do you like that this trick is easier to do than waiting? Nah. Whatever's worth anything is worth waiting for, imo.

Back