• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can type 60 words per minute!

Years
  • I type at 250 WPM. Why won't you believe me?

I can type 60 words per minute!

This is on my laptop. My fingers are a little calloused over from playing guitar, so I can't actually feel the keys well, but I was marginally faster before that.

I should be getting a mechanical keyboard for my desktop soon, which should hopefully improve things drastically.

97 - 1 = 96

...vrai leveled up! typing speed increased

Very nice, go for the century?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not the fastest typer, but I tend to use all my fingers with typing. Part of my speed issues is down to a broken e key though which is darn annoying. Oh well?

wildkayaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I probably type from 80-110. I use my eight fingers in there spots with my thumbs on the key board. I was taught in eight grade and I still use it now.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Just took the text, got 98 WPM :3 I type using all of my fingers, but not the thumbs - poor things! I might try to start using them for the space bar just for kicks... Although whilst typing this I only seem to use my little finger for pressing shift. :3 Never learnt to type or anything, just began touch typing one day and kept doing it since x]

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I've grown up with computers, so typing kind of just became a thing over the years.. I usually average around 120 wpm, with about 95+% accuracy (according to the web-based typing speed tests I've done)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    I can only get to around 40-44 wpm, and I use 5 fingers when I type. I can't get higher than that, or use any more fingers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I can type anywhere from 90-120wpm. Depends what I'm doing. If I'm just transcribing something, I can easily do 120 wpm.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Varies from 60 to 90 WPM depending on whether I'm typing casually or really excited.

I was taught how to touch-type in a class in junior high. One of the most useful classes I've ever taken.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I generally type at 80 WPM for texts that are unfamiliar, but when I'm reading something I have to type into a document, I can usually go a little faster.

I was taught to type a certain way in the 8th grade, and in my business class, but I just disregarded those methods as they just hindered my ability to type.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    i type using pretty much all fingers save left pinky and right thumb.

generally, around 85-100 wpm and when i'm really concentrated, sometimes in the 110-120 range.

Back