• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I cannot decide

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    I have just completed my Hoenn dex on Emerald(I haven't got it that long)and I cannot decide which Johto starter to get. I would like to know which is the strongest and learns the best moves. Please help!

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Dragonite Tamer said:
    I have just completed my Hoenn dex on Emerald(I haven't got it that long)and I cannot decide which Johto starter to get. I would like to know which is the strongest and learns the best moves. Please help!

Firstly I think this should go to Simple Questions.
    Secondly..of all of them I say the weakest is Chikorita...and I say Totodile is the best since its Hydro Pump can easily take out Cyndaquil. And so you know...it learns Hydro Pump somewhere in the 40's.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Why give it hydro pump at that point he'll have the surf hm so why not give it surf instead? Well anyway it's up to you wich one you'll take if you want an annoyer chikorita is for you just teach it light screen/toxic, reflect/toxic, leech seed and synthesis/razor leaf and it'll be the perfect annoyer, if you want a special sweeper cyndaquil is for you and if you want a physical sweeper you should pick totodile.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2006
    i think there all crap =] but i like chikorita the most, cuz many grasspokemon are weak. And he/she is one of the better ones

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    I think it depends on the starter you got, If you got mudkip/cyndaquil, torchic/chickorita, and trecko/totodile, thats what I think.

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Cyndaquil.

or however you spell it

Typhlosion > other GSC starters.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Cyndaquil>Totodile>Chikorita.
    Typhlo can learn T/Punch, so it can seriously damage Feraligatr(especially the adamant/naughty ones). Typhlosion OHKOs Gyarados if it has 252 SA EVs and Gyarados has no SD EVs(and why would it have any, they go in ATK/SPD).
    The ability of a Fire type to kill Water types is immensly powerful if you have it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    take the one least commonly used so you can breed and trade with others. it's all about getting the rare ones with me. if you want a strong pokemon i think all 3 can be pretty strong if used properly. obviously typholsion with its special sweeping ability is the most commonly used.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    thats only if you have friends that play, otherwise pick chikorita since, its cool

Dragon Lover

Oooh, words under my name.
    Years
    Ham said:
    Cyndaquil.

or however you spell it

Typhlosion > other GSC starters.
    Agreed. Also Typholsions Sp. Attck and Speed are better than Feraligator's and Meganium is just "eww". Though if you want a sweeper Feraligator's your man and Special Sweeper Typhlosions there.

~DL~

Back