• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't believe I did that!

Years
  • I find regret is futile. Eventually everyone forgets, or at least you can ignore it until it goes away.
    I definitely have forgotten all of my embarrassing stories. When I remember them I'll be sure to post.

Sirfetch’d

I had a crush on a kid at our school when I was about 12 or 13 that later ended up in jail for attempted murder. I know that I obviously never could have known that would happen, but I can't believe I almost asked this person out :( Glad I didn't though!

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I only have one huge regret! ... Asking this girl to be in a relationship with me (this was last year), it was my last year of school.
    We were so incompatible it's not even funny, she was crushing on me heaps though and me back then, being the insecure person I was, thinking I'd never find another girl who'd like me, took the chance to ask her out...
    Two months later I was dumped, felt very bad for a while. But now I shudder when I think about it. It's nearly been a year and I'm so grateful that she dumped me haha!
    I can't believe I actually liked this person... I was vulnerable and foolish. Funny how fast the way you think changes after something like this. I've become a little wiser.
    But this experience has definitely taught me a lesson and changed me for the better.
    I suppose everything happens for a reason.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I usually don't regret things.

That is, aside from occasions in which I do something completely stupid that effected/effects someone else negatively.
    In which case, I'll let it eat at me (figuring that I deserve it) until I don't care anymore. I'll have to get back to you on how long it takes before I stop caring. I:

Years
  • I really regret Facebook-messenging my ex last week that I was gonna be away for a few hours doing other things, when I wound up taking my tablet anyways.. she got upset at me and then we agreed that a breakup would do. The relationship grew distant though when she moved. :(

Years
  • Something that I regret doing is: When I was young, I threw a glass candle at someones truck and they thought it was someone that lives next to me! He ended up going to court with the person who owned the truck and I think he got fined a lot of money! All because of my little act.. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I used to think that I didn't have any regrets.
    But life isn't that easy.
    I've learned now, that, everybody does something stupid, something terrible, something to regret. But the important thing isn't to disown any kind of shame, or remorse, it's to come to terms with it and to learn from it. Me? Yes. I have had regrets. I still have a few. But as George Bernard Shaw once so wisely said, a life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful then a life spent doing nothing.

But since nobody wants to hear really anybody sing about tragedy, here are a couple amusing misadventures I've gone on:
    Spoiler:

True stories. They sound absurd, but I'm serious.

TL;DR: #Yolo!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I had a crush on a kid at our school when I was about 12 or 13 that later ended up in jail for attempted murder. I know that I obviously never could have known that would happen, but I can't believe I almost asked this person out :( Glad I didn't though!
    Well isn't that something. Yikes.

Mistakes?

I have a lot, but last year was probably the biggest.

Last year I was diagnosed with autism (mild though) and so I went to my friend's mom for assistance with what to do with this information. I was very vulnerable at this time and had little self confidence, and was pretty much seeking solace from a ****** stigma.

BIG. MISTAKE.

This person is, to put it lightly, bat#@$% insane. She told me to do all sorts of stupid ****, and I'm glad that I didn't do all of it, but I still did some of it and I'm still embarrassed about it. All because of a lack of self-esteem from a diagnosis that ended up not really changing much in my life.

To list some of the crazy crap she told me:
    -She said it was impossible to like roller coasters because of my condition (despite me liking roller coasters)
    -She said I should sign up for disability even though I was able to hold a job, just for the welfare (thank god I didn't)
    -She said I should drop most of my classes behind my parents' back, despite the fact that they paid for them
    -She said I had to drop down to one day a week for work because it was too stressful, even though it was impossible to pay my bills unless I got 2 days a week
    -She blindly listed statements about people with autism that simply aren't ubiquitous (such as being tolerant, observant, diligent, ect - none of these traits were, ironically, descriptive of her son)
    -She told me that the doctor who diagnosed me was WRONG AND THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT, because they didn't specifically diagnose me with Asperger's
    -She almost convinced me to live in her house, which probably should be condemned because of the awful condition it was in.

I offered to do them tons of **** for free. I offered to finish their stairs (I had tremendous trouble walking down them because I walk on my toes, and their "stairs" were simply two planks nailed onto a frame), I gave them gas, food, ceramic gifts intended for my (now) late grandmother, and THEY ****ED ME THE HELL OVER. I'm so goddamn stupid. I drove that idiot son everywhere and he NEVER paid for gas, and only paid occasionally for his side of the meal. The most that idiot's ever given me back in return is $10 and a book he found in his house. I gave them so freaking much. I even ordered a gift that was 70$ for him, on my then Chuck E. Cheese's wage, that I ended up not giving to him because of the fallout later. I still have it, and I have really torn feelings about it.

Even better was that this enabled the son to pretty much verbally abuse me in public. First off, the son had mild asperger's, but it was so mild that you probably wouldn't even know if you met him (unlike me, who sticks out). He would actually pull me aside in the mall and talk down to me - taking advantage of the fact that he was about a foot taller than me. He'd tell me all the things I was doing wrong in my life and I actually bought that bull because I didn't know what to believe. It's comforting that now I know that I wasn't wrong and he was - he was 4 years older than me and never drove a car, had a job, and took the equivalent of 4 credit hours a year, and even though I have to bust my ass for what I have, I HAVE IT.

The worst part - me, being naive as all hell, almost fell for ALL OF THAT ****. It didn't take until I met my best friend to realize just how ****ed up everything was. Thank god I only went to counseling for a few weeks (which ended up me just *****ing about how crazy this woman and her son were).

It all ended for her when I called her out on her bull in a respectful letter, to which she replied in the most juvenile of ways, fully consisting a list of defensive statements in ALL CAPS BECAUSE THAT WAY YOU KNOW THAT SHE'S MAD. ALSO, REALLY BAD GRAMMAR BECAUSE, THAT WAY I KNOWS SHES EVEN. MORE MAD.

And the son? Well, I invited him to hang out with my best friend, who's completely blind, and he said he couldn't because "he can't play the same video games as eachother". I'm sorry, I don't give a **** if you have Asperger's or not, that's the most retardedly ignorant statement I've ever heard someone utter in my personal existence. Nope, I'm not friends with that guy anymore. The blind guy? Well, we're in this weirdo relationship right now but he's my peanut butter to my jelly.

I mean, just looking the hell back... what the **** did I even SEE in her?! I guess it's because she SEEMED to know a lot about it, but I've talked to a lot of psychologists about it since, they've heard my story and just think she's as crazy as I do. The thing I noticed about these licensed psychologists is that even though they can tell I have this condition, they don't tell me what I can't do, but help me work through what I can, and I've made damn leaps in the last year, to the point where, at least on the internet, it's nigh unrecognizable. So yeah. Looking back it's really amazing how much that purgatory pulled me through and how far I've come. I have a damn social life now! And I have some real good friends now. So I guess good came from it.

Crazy people. Try not to fall into that trap.

Last edited:

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • My story is one of the "plain ol' stupid" ones, so yeah xD

It was in the winter of 2011...

Spoiler:

domdomdommy

US Navy
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I never regret but one time in high school I skipped class to go smoke cigs with some kids just cus i hated spanish class and i almost got arrested lol

Years
  • I don't know if this really counts but it's the only regrettable choice I made in my recent memory. I accidentally deleted my 40 hour FE Awakening save. It was obviously not on purpose but still, feels extremely awful.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Last year when me and my daughter were in Atlanta GA we were going to stone mountion park for the day. We we got to the Metro we waited for our stop, but we got off the one after the one we were meant to get off at. we still got to stone mountion but
    only got two hours there not the whole day like we had planned.

Ayselipera

Well there really isn't anything I regret, but the one thing that really bothers me is when I feel like I've wasted my time. So I mean if I had the opportunity to get rid of things in my past that I now see as huge wastes of time I would, but I don't dwell on them or regret them since I can't change it now anyway.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
  • I felt really guilty for not spending more time with my Grandpa before he died. And when I was there with them staying the night at there house i was always watching tv. So i regret not spending a lot of time with him.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I totally let myself go to pieces when a co-worked was talking crap about people with depression and what not. He said they needed to "get over it" and crap and I just turned back to him, tearing up I might add, and said, "Don't talk about that stuff like that. I've been through it. So just...don't." and walked off. I wish that didn't happen. I don't feel guilty about it, just kind of embarrassed I let myself get to a near breaking point with someone that doesn't really matter.

On a lighter note, I went to a party last week and I was talking to a friend and he put his arm out to lean on something, but I thought it was a hug invitation haha. So I hugged him. He took it anyway...thanks, alcohol!!! I was still a bit embarrassed though.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I got hit by a car when I was 9 years old trying to run across the street to the school bus. Lady was freakin' out, I ignored her, Got right back up, ran onto the bus and then I guess I went unconscious (I guess I was high of adrenaline at the time, I don't know the next thing I remember was waking up in the nurse's office, nurse told me I had a broken rib). Got made fun of for that for the rest of the year lol. It taught me a valuable lesson. Excitement for school = getting hit by car. Thus my "**** school" mentality begun.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I co-hosted an Asian-themed fashion show in front of the whole school in Grade 8. The **** fell to pieces cuz none of us were hosty type people. >< somehow people didn't embarass me for it for the rest of the school year, but it feels really embarassing in hindsight.

Back