• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't believe I was such a noob!

Sirfetch’d

How much do you think you have changed since joining PC? Looking back, are you embarrassed about how bad or "noobish" your first posts around the forums were? Or do you feel you haven't changed at all since becoming a member?

Years
  • Oh, I've certainly changed a lot since I joined PC. I'm too embarrassed to look back at those few topics I made in 2010, and it was bad enough that back in July 2010, I made a signature that exceeded the maximums by over 200px in both width and height. And when I joined PC, I didn't have the intention of making a lot of posts, which was true for the most part, until I saw others that joined after me with several thousand more posts than me, which inspired me to boost my activity a lot around here.

Also, when I joined PC, I never saw myself as becoming a future moderator here, let alone nearly 3½ years after I joined.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm starting to become more better than when I was joined 8 months ago, for sure. My first post here was kinda generic:

I'm Wind Heart. Nice to meet you.

And I was careless on my earlier months at PC that I'm embarrassed to look at my past (besides of my first post), but I'm glad I became what I am now.

Sirfetch’d

Oh, I've certainly changed a lot since I joined PC. I'm too embarrassed to look back at those few topics I made in 2010, and it was bad enough that back in July 2010, I made a signature that exceeded the maximums by over 200px in both width and height. And when I joined PC, I didn't have the intention of making a lot of posts, which was true for the most part, until I saw others that joined after me with several thousand more posts than me, which inspired me to boost my activity a lot around here.

Also, when I joined PC, I never saw myself as becoming a future moderator here, let alone nearly 3½ years after I joined.

I was a lot like you when I first joined tbh. I wasn't planning on posting as much as I do now or even staying around for this long. I am so embarrassed about the first few threads I made and I don't even want to think about them. Now I feel as if I have made a complete turnaround from the person that I was when I first joined here!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I think I changed a lot from my noobish ways, even though I still do those noobish things now, Things that I used to do, I used to use extremely broken English, some lame 'z's around every sentence I post, and just posting random crap around some threads without engaging with anyone.

I think I am still quite a noob around PC but still, I AM GONNA LEVEL UPPPPP (I hope so), so please guide me along!

Sirfetch’d

I think I changed a lot from my noobish ways, even though I still do those noobish things now, Things that I used to do, I used to use extremely broken English, some lame 'z's around every sentence I post, and just posting random crap around some threads without engaging with anyone.

I think I am still quite a noob around PC but still, I AM GONNA LEVEL UPPPPP (I hope so), so please guide me along!

Haha, funny you mention using 'z's around your sentences because I used to do the same thing with smiles. I still use emoticons in most of my posts, but when I first joined it would be something like:

"Castform is my favorite Pokemon :) He is really cute and I love him XD. :) I wish he would get more love :)."

So glad I don't do that anymore, haha!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Haha, funny you mention using 'z's around your sentences because I used to do the same thing with smiles. I still use emoticons in most of my posts, but when I first joined it would be something like:

"Castform is my favorite Pokemon :) He is really cute and I love him XD. :) I wish he would get more love :)."

So glad I don't do that anymore, haha!

I also used to use those emoticons like a year ago as well, haha I feel so embarrassed!!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I have totally chanaged since my PC noob day as by going through my old posts it is very Ranty about my life. Then there was my spammy posts.

do not do those anymore

Years
  • I bet anyone familiar with my personality would know how I used to be a mega-noob at the time I joined PC in 2011. I was so annoying, and I often found myself breaking rules without knowing, I often formatted my posts so much they were unreadable, and I couldn't even make a lot of friends back in the day. However, over time I found myself getting active in sections I thought I'd never make it big in, like The Welcome Lounge (ironically I never made an introduction thread) and Pokemon Clubs, which have become hotspots for me lately. Fast-forward two years from then, and I'm a supporter, a well-loved regular of the Showdown server and my signatures don't look so ugly anymore!

I even recall searching my old posts and I admit I'm so surprised that noob was me.

Years
  • Bearing in mind I joined in 2009, I'm going to say I was pretty noobish. I... can tell you this without even looking at my older posts.
    Please, don't make me look at them.
    please

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I joined at 19 years old with no experience in giant forums whatsoever. I broke a few rules in 2010, was verbally warned about them, AND USED THIS HORRIFIC COLOR FONT WHICH I WASN'T AWARE IT WAS SO UGLY and I was just self-centered back then. Now, I guess I could say that I changed a little...but it's been a long process xD

Years
  • I joined PC at the age of 10 and boy I was one hella noob. I posted using a non-existent language and had no respect or courtesy or anything of the sort. My posts were invaluable and I received a number of infractions until I was 12. I started improving when I became 13 and here I am, a 15 year old still learning and posting but far more mature than I was a few years back and more understanding, especially right now.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Oh no, we never delve into my beginning on PC. I was freaking Noobamongus when I first joined - no avatar, no signature, only posting in Emulation & ROM Hacking; I was literally stereotype n00b.

Sirfetch’d

Joined in 2009. Not too long ago I looked back on my original profile's VMs and posts.. Cringing every five seconds. It was not fun.

I was so stupid..

I think we can all agree that we are glad we have changed from the people that we once were. We were all noobish in a sense, but everyone that has posted in this thread has come a long way from that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I actually have been here for less than a year, but I am different.
    Mainly, more private than I used to be. I:

Ayselipera

Well I joined in 2009 so yeah I think that answers for itself... Honestly though I think back all the time to a year ago or 6 months ago and think "Wow I would never do that now." or "What was I thinking?" I mean just looking back to this time last year I feel like part of me is a completely different person.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • It's kinda embarrassing, but my first post was worth a shot.
    I'm glad I joined here, I'm changing bit by bit as they say.

Back