• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't think of a title. Something PC related, I guess?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Trolls and people who fail to use proper grammar and people who put themselves on a pedestal. Though in the case of the latter, it's not nearly as big a problem on PC as it is on other forums I've been forced to leave.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Elitists, there aren't many on here but the odd one pops up every now and then.

I'd say those with bad spelling and grammar but that would include me some of the time, early hours of the morning are not not when I'm at my brightest. ^_^

Years
    • People who fail to correctly use grammar
    • People Who Type Like This All Of The Time
    • People who obviously suck up to staff
    • People who think being gay makes it ok to be a douche
    • People who pure attention seek
    • People who jump on bandwagons to look cool
    • People who say 'Ignored as usual' to get attention
    • Nicks avatar
    • People who aren't mature enough to hold a conversation on a sensitive topic and ruin it for everyone else
    • People who have one sided opinions about x,y,z matters (Liek Nintendo Are Da Best AND THAT IS IT)
    • People who take it one step too far
    • People who think they are better than me

Don't think I have left anything out really...​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Uh, for me, its people who care too much about grammar; I mean, I know some people who may not use very good grammar, but they are still cool. Though it'd help if I could understand the typing I suppose...

And yes, also people who troll, beg for attention, make everything too dramatic, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    This is something really petty, I know: people whose profile colours just... don't go. They're blinding, clashing, and just not good. I don't like clicking on someone's profile and my eyes are suffering because of someone's poor colour choice. :/

Sometimes I encounter the odd elitist who grinds my gears, but that's not too often anymore.

And being a bit of a grammar freak myself, seeing people around the forums who can't type a coherent sentence gets me a little frustrated as well. But, I guess you see that anywhere you go.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot about PC that annoys me. Maybe I'm too oblivious to certain things, or just too patient? I dunno. :/

Melody

Banned
    Years
    There are quite a few things that annoy me about PC, but I love it enough to not let them get to me. My pet peeves are:

Noob Class Annoyances:

These are the most minor. I won't get upset, but if I say something and you give me hell about it, you might land on my bad side.
    1. n00bs who won't read rules.
    2. Immaturity
    3. People who type as if they're text messaging or tweeting all the time
    4. People who don't try to watch their spelling
    5. Grammar Nazis. Seriously. They're just as bad as the n00bs who don't type correctly
    6. Random friend requests by anyone who didn't even PM/VM you first.
    7. Anyone who disables VMs for no real reason at all
    8. Anyone who deletes/ignores people for dumb reasons; reasonable reasons are: Banned, Left PC, or causing you troubles.
    9. Anyone who uses post comments to be snide or rude; Seriously, if you're gonna be a jerk, do so without hiding.

Things that REALLY get under my skin:

One of these offenses often WILL get you on my bad side. When you're on my bad side, I am NOT a nice person.
    Most of this boils down to things I consider to be disrespect in an extreme manner.
    1. Arrogance of a major degree; If you act like a douchebag, you deserve the disrespect that comes with it.
    2. People who let their friends ACT like douchebags without saying a word.
      I can respect people who say "Stop it, please" even if the person doesn't listen...even if it's me you're talking to. You won't be disliked if you try to stop someone you know from being a douche.
    3. Staff members that do anything we'd be slapped with an infraction for immediately if we tried it. This includes abuse of power.
    4. Anyone stupid enough to side with a douchebag; Seriously, you should be able to tell if your friend is being a douche, even if the other side is returning the douchery.
    5. Cliques; The way that some members act is indeed very exclusionary. Don't expect me to trust you if you're a member of one of these groups.
    6. Trolls; Not the master trolls who do so in a hilariously artful and non-offensive way, but the obvious fail trolls who "r doin it all rong". There are only a few members who aren't fail trolls, but the rest of you are doing it wrong. :P
    7. Anyone who insists that the internet is "Not serious business"; You're not funny, and you're not that slick...we know that means you're just a fail troll. NO EXCEPTIONS. You too Chuck Norris. :/
    8. Anyone who CONSISTENTLY bullies people under the guise of joking around; Unless the target can sufficiently convince me that they're not bothered by it and I don't feel you've crossed a line you shouldn't have.

Last edited:

.AhKeno*

~~~~*
    Years
    ^^^
    Omg u rly went in with that! lol

1.People who are mean or disrespectful

2.Care 2 much about grammar, If u can read understand what their saying Y does it matter?

3. Easily offended
    - negative attitude
    -always srs, no humor

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Erm.. okay I guess this is what annoys me. Not much annoys me here but here are a few things:

-People who offer FR's with out ever talking to you.
    -Trolls
    -People who obviously have never read the rules
    -People with no sense of humour.
    -People who are never serious
    -People who type in really bright blue, red, or size one text all the time.

And that is about it XD

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I dislike intentional bad grammar and spelling. In my opinion, it is perfectly fine not to know how to spell a word correctly, or to make a typographic error, but there is absolutely no excuse for using excessive abbreviations of the "you->u" kind. I know I can read it, but it is senseless and irritating to be forced to do so. I can understand its point on websites like twitter, which have short letter limits, but when that letter limit is of the ~10000 range commonly found at forums, and when your post is absurdly shorter than said limit, intentional bad grammar and spelling just piss me off.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Um... I have lots of things, but most are not purely applicable to PC.

> Elitists.
    > Terrible spelling and grammar.
    > When people flip out over sexuality like what was going on in the User Valentine thread.
    > People who JUST DON'T GET IT.
    > When people think friendly bickering is something serious.
    > People who want to be friends because someone has a high post count/is staff/is popular.
    > People who constantly whine about the rules.
    > DBEs.
    > Trolls.
    > Obnoxious people.
    > People who start things for the sake of drama.
    > People who use their position (of popularity or power) as an excuse to be rude.
    > People who swear a lot.
    > People who are generally mean and rude.
    > People who are super hung up about spelling/grammar. "OMG you misspelled supercalifragilisticexpialidocius? What is wrong with you?"
    > Negaishippers.
    > Wishfulshippers.
    > Iris fans.

There are many others, but this is just off the top of my head, so-o...

Being a Christian gets me a lot of hate on this forum, and the one time that people misunderstood what I said, and thought I was gay, everyone wanted to come to my rescue. They couldn't wait to defend me. It's no different than how it's okay to be racist toward Whites, but not toward Blacks.
    I think I remember that. As I recall, half the people were teasing- pretending make a HUGE DEAL out of something that everyone could drop at any time.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Lots of different things here annoy me to a certain degree (just like real life!) but I usually don't act on any of my annoyances. The only thing that I have found particularly annoying lately are the members who constantly post one liners. I understand that sometimes there really is nothing left to say, but most of the time you can find at least one or two more things to say in any topic.

Whenever I see a bunch of one liners in a topic that could really be expanded upon and discussed I end up feeling bad for the thread maker. I know it bothers me a bit when I take the time to really think out a thread and I get a bunch of short responses which barely touch upon the topic at hand. Especially when I notice it's from the same members who post one liners everywhere. I don't think there is any shame in wanting to raise your post count, but if you're going to why not make some semi decent posts? You don't even have to try hard! A 3-4 sentence post is all I'm asking for!

Years
    The thing that annoys me the most is someone who ignores a post. I'm sure it's hard to read every single post, but people either give weak responses or do something that suggests they skimmed
    through the post, I really take the latter as an insult. I'm also not a fan of people who blatantly dislike PC and all it stands for, that stay here for the sole reason of expressing their hate for PC and trolling
    those who state otherwise. I'll admit I like a successful troll, but most of the time it's just weak attempts to provoke others, another facet of PC, which I don't like, but it's not really unpreventable. The noobs who
    think they are Pokemon masters and master spriters on their first day annoy me as well, but they'll change eventually. I've done most of what was stated above, but my time here has been a learning experience.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I dont mind grammar to much, unless it gets to a point where you actually have to re-read what the person wrote a few times to understand what the person is saying. That bothers me. Also people that beg for attention on the forums.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    It's annoying that you have so many skins to choose from, I don't know which to use!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    People who don't read the rules are annoying. And it's annoying when people don't use punctuations.

Other than that... it's friggin annoying that PC is so much more interesting than stuff you should be doing.

Back