• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I could end the world with a Holocaust

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Title is the lyrics from Handlebars - Flobots
    Sounds like it has nothing to do with the subject but if you watch the video you'll understand.

What's your opinion on Riots? Y'know, people using home-made grenades, shooting, stabbing, burning, all against the goverment? That kind of thing.

Personally I love them. I want to be involved in one, y'know, really get into it. Like use a Vodka bomb, fire a gun, burn a building down. Scare people. Really rebel, make utter chaos.

I don't mean striking, I mean real, full on Riots.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I hate em...people get hurt, scared, and things really get out of hand. People steal stuff, and it goes bad for shopkeepers and the like....
    When I read the title I considered reporting it by saying "I am offended". XD
    Everybody is offended these days, but please change the title, or ask someone to....

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Maybe if it was a coup it could be cool. But otherwise I don't care about riots and wouldn't want to be involved in them, especially the ones against government.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Riots are indisputable proof that once you put a large enough group of people together (and it doesn't even have to be that large a group), they become completely incapable of thinking for themselves. The mob mentality kicks in, and human beings are shown at our utter worse; a loud, domineering species who will smash anything that gets in our way for a goal that the following morning doesn't even seem to be that important.

How would you feel if one of those buildings you oh-so-coolly set on fire resulted in the death of even one human being? Would it be awesome then? I don't think so.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years

When I read the title I considered reporting it by saying "I am offended". XD
    Everybody is offended these days, but please change the title, or ask someone to....

No. Holocaust isn't offensive.

Holocaust. Hol.o.caust
    - A massive slaughter

That is, in no way offensive.

Riots are indisputable proof that once you put a large enough group of people together (and it doesn't even have to be that large a group), they become completely incapable of thinking for themselves. The mob mentality kicks in, and human beings are shown at our utter worse; a loud, domineering species who will smash anything that gets in our way for a goal that the following morning doesn't even seem to be that important.

How would you feel if one of those buildings you oh-so-coolly set on fire resulted in the death of even one human being? Would it be awesome then? I don't think so.

Oh, well it depends on who is killed, doesn't it?
    And I didn't say I was cool, I didn't imply, and I certainly don't think I would 'Oh-so-coolly' set something on fire. I'd much more likely be shaky, and scared, but why not.

I'm a sick twisted person mate. Death doesn't bother me.

And if you have any personal comments to follow this don't spam my thread. Send me a PM.

Years
    Organized protests are one thing, riots are another. I can't imagine a situation where random destruction wouldn't hurt innocent people and, frankly, I think the type of violence you're describing - causing fear and destroying homes - is the tool of fascists, terrorists, and dictators. Do you want to rape, too? Because that's what happens when laws break down and everyone feels entitled to do whatever sick thing they feel like.

If you want to bring down governments and change the world I suggest you look to people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    As I said, I'm twisted, I accept this.

And with me it's not so much about bringing down the goverment. It's about leading the chaos. It's all about the chaos. And if Innocent people get in the way well then.

And no, I don't want rape, not to anyone I care about anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    As I said, I'm twisted, I accept this.

And with me it's not so much about bringing down the goverment. It's about leading the chaos. It's all about the chaos. And if Innocent people get in the way well then.

I can't imagine what kind of chaos could be stirred by a frequenter of PC. Besides posting online about your adoration for calamity, what do you do in your spare time?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I can't imagine what kind of chaos could be stirred by a frequenter of PC. Besides posting online about your adoration for calamity, what do you do in your spare time?

Hm. Besides what I've done once? Well, other things, obviously. School, WoW, Cosplay, Video Games, Movies, Talk to people, Study, sleep, eat, drink, use the toilet, breath, walk, run, sit, lie down, laugh, frown, argue, smile, dream, smoke, drink, complain... a few things.

And didn't I already say? Don't spam my thread with personal questions. They have no place here, this is the thing PMs are made of.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    And didn't I already say? Don't spam my thread with personal questions. They have no place here, this is the thing PMs are made of.

This thread is all about your personal opinion on things, therefore people are going to question those personal opinions by using their own personal opinions as reference, and thus create a forum for discussion. It's how reasoned arguments work.

Besides which, you did say that

Anxiety. said:
    And no, I don't want rape, not to anyone I care about anyway.

so you had better be prepared for more people to question you about your personal life. It's just a natural human response when you say something that is...well, quite frankly, against the moral status-quo. :/

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years

This thread is all about your personal opinion on things, therefore people are going to question those personal opinions by using their own personal opinions as reference, and thus create a forum for discussion. It's how reasoned arguments work.

Besides which, you did say that

so you had better be prepared for more people to question you about your personal life. It's just a natural human response when you say something that is...well, quite frankly, against the moral status-quo. :/

Actually, what you asked was 'What chaos can you cause? What do you do in your spare time?" Which is pretty irelevent.

And who the hell cares about satus-quo? People who crave respect and acknowlagement through popularity. And I don't.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Oh, well it depends on who is killed, doesn't it?.

I personally think riots can be a good thing, depending on the situation, and the purpose of it. If it's just flat out over a soccer game, football game, or any other nonsense then I don't support it.

However, in your post that I quoted, I actually agree with that statement. Somewhere on this site I believe I said I would never take a human life, and I wouldn't.. so don't call me a hypocrite. But if the riot has a good purpose, for example corrupted governments, or corrupted police, then I support it.

However, I myself probably wouldn't be in a riot. Utter chaos doesn't seem like something I would want to be involved in, considering innocents sometimes get killed, like people walking down a street, or whatever. That's where I think it goes to far.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Riots? i dunno they seem kinda stupid. Violence is never the answer because all you do is get hurt or go to jail. Though some may help the cause some times i wonder if there is a better way.

Now that you mention soccer or sporting riots are really way out of hand lately and its really sad to see people fighting over a game.

Though now that i read a little of the thread it is true that riots are necessary because in some countries with communist leanings riots are needed to over throw the government.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    It sounds a lot like terrorism. Just sayin'.

I'll protest and fight the man any day. I'll call the police if you start a riot outside my window. I guess I just prefer working within the system to change it. :/

Handlebars is an awesome song, by the way.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Violence is never the answer. It would only lead to more violence, pain, suffering, etc. Even if the government or ruling force is unjust, a coup would be more preferable than a straight-out riot.

You would find me in one of those organized protests down the street.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Rioting without cause is entirely useless. If you are joining in on such an occasion just to fulfill your own sadistic agenda, without any real grasp of what you're involved in...I just don't see the point.

However, sometimes riots are absolutely necessary to make a social, or political point. Not all things can be negotiated peacefully, as pessimistic as this may seem.

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."-Malcolm X

Ayselipera

I'm all for a peaceful protest, but a riot is a whole other story.

The problem with a riot is that it starts with everyone being angry over one thing and then it escalates to the killing of innocent people. When people are involved in a riot their mind set turns to one of a sheep and they just do what everyone else does without any thought of other people.

I personally have no desire to be apart of chaos. I'd rather be known as changing the world through peaceful techniques such as Gandhi.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    I'd like you to go up to the people who spend every day in war zones and areas of civil unrest, living in near-perpetual fear for their lives, and tell them how stimulating and exciting you find violence and chaos to be. "HEY GUYS, WANNA START A RIOT? IT'LL BE SOOOO BADASS!" I can just barely imagine the dully horrified/confused looks of all those child soldiers and disillusioned revolutionaries who are living the life you think you want.

Seriously, I can understand (sort of, not really) how emasculated you may feel by the repressive "dullness" of your comfortably middle-class existence or some Fight Club crap like that, but there are perhaps more constructive ways to discover your true self. :|

Playing a video game or watching an action movie is a good way to desensitize yourself to stylized depictions of violence, but that seems a whole world removed from the actual brutality of hurting other people.

So no, I've never been in a riot and if I don't plan on ever attending one, much less participating.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Violence is never the answer. It would only lead to more violence, pain, suffering, etc.

Now that is just a lie. I'm not condoning violence, but violent acts are sometimes the answer to stop even more violence from happening.
    Would America win against Germany by talking it over peacefully? Yeah, I didn't think it would either.
    Organized protests are one thing, riots are another. I can't imagine a situation where random destruction wouldn't hurt innocent people and, frankly, I think the type of violence you're describing - causing fear and destroying homes - is the tool of fascists, terrorists, and dictators.
    Since when did peaceful protests do something in dictatorships? Only when an overwhelming majority of the population do a peaceful protest will a dictatorship buckle instead of jailing them or going as far as killing them. Maybe in democracies would peaceful protests work, but not in dictatorships.

Back