• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga I DEMAND MORE!!!

Years
  • Is there any particular anime you feel should have a second season that hasn't got one? What about manga that should have gone on longer?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    The Big O absolutely deserved a sequel, although one would have potentially damaged the mystery of the initial run.

Years
  • Most of the anime series I want more of don't have enough source material to adapt yet, though several of them already have at least a second season. This is the case with Haruhi, Non Non Biyori, Yuru Yuri, and K-On!. I do want to see more Genshiken, but since that's already finished its revival run, we may not see its adaptation finished out. It'd also be cool to see the R.O.D. novels fully adopted. There is apparently one under consideration. I'd have liked to see the two final major arcs (School Festival and Magical World) of Negima! get proper anime adaptations rather than OVAs of arbitrary points in the story. Also, an adaptation of Love Hina! from end to end would have been fun. As would have any adaptation of A.I. Love You. Also, while I know the anime adaptation portrays her as an ungrateful little shit, the Himouto! Umaru-chan manga actually has character development for its cast and is filled with cute and dumb fun condensed into 8 page chapters.

Moving onto manga, I would have loved to see Negima! actually get more of its loose ends tied up within itself, but the author wrapped it up early to go protest a proposed law change that would have reduced his rights to and control over series he created. I think the series needed another year or two to properly tie up most of its loose ends save for the big one that had been overarching the whole story, which was setting up to be a whole new long arc unto itself.

I could probably go on and on about more, but then this post would turn into a huge, unskippable wall of text.

The Big O absolutely deserved a sequel, although one would have potentially damaged the mystery of the initial run.

It actually did have a sequel commissioned in a sense, since the original run was pared down from 26 to 13 because it did so poorly in Japan, but Cartoon Network saw that it did well enough in the US that they commissioned the Japanese studio to make the remaining 13 episodes as a sequel. Looks like you didn't get those final 13 broadcast in the UK, though.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Most of the anime series I want more of don't have enough source material to adapt yet, though several of them already have at least a second season. This is the case with Haruhi, Non Non Biyori, Yuru Yuri, and K-On!. I do want to see more Genshiken, but since that's already finished its revival run, we may not see its adaptation finished out. It'd also be cool to see the R.O.D. novels fully adopted. There is apparently one under consideration. I'd have liked to see the two final major arcs (School Festival and Magical World) of Negima! get proper anime adaptations rather than OVAs of arbitrary points in the story. Also, an adaptation of Love Hina! from end to end would have been fun. As would have any adaptation of A.I. Love You. Also, while I know the anime adaptation portrays her as an ungrateful little ****, the Himouto! Umaru-chan manga actually has character development for its cast and is filled with cute and dumb fun condensed into 8 page chapters.

Moving onto manga, I would have loved to see Negima! actually get more of its loose ends tied up within itself, but the author wrapped it up early to go protest a proposed law change that would have reduced his rights to and control over series he created. I think the series needed another year or two to properly tie up most of its loose ends save for the big one that had been overarching the whole story, which was setting up to be a whole new long arc unto itself.

I could probably go on and on about more, but then this post would turn into a huge, unskippable wall of text.

It actually did have a sequel commissioned in a sense, since the original run was pared down from 26 to 13 because it did so poorly in Japan, but Cartoon Network saw that it did well enough in the US that they commissioned the Japanese studio to make the remaining 13 episodes as a sequel. Looks like you didn't get those final 13 broadcast in the UK, though.

We just got it as one block series of 26 episodes, I didn't realise they were a season 1 and 2 haha

Drekavac

Screamer
    Years
  • Too many to name so I'll mention only 2-3. I'm not referring to season "2" per se, but just the fact that I crave more of the series I'd mention here.

One that I REALLY, REALLY crave right now is Haikyuu's fourth season. Season 3 just ended and I NEED MORE.

Also, been waiting for Oregairu's third season/OVAs/Specials/Movie to finish off the story. THE CLIFFHANGER IS BRUTAL, god damn it. I know the source material isn't out yet after that point in the story, but still. ;_____;

Chihayafuru needs another season badly. REALLY badly. Since the content past S2 is amazing.

Where is season two of NGNL gdi?!

That's all I have to say on the topic myself for now xD
    THIS I MEAN WTF WHERE ARE YOU SORA AND SHIRO
    madhouse, get your priorities straight come on bruh ;___;

We need more Onii-sama, nothing else matters.
    lmfao. I heard the series gets better later on. I wouldn't mind seeing another season of this.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Say it with me, friends!

BACCANO

The light novel series is still going on. Japan is currently in the market for anime that can expand overseas, and Baccano is one of the series that gained world wide popularity, especially with the dub.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • G-Reco needs more episodes to bring Tomino's ideas to life and explain better. As it stands its a convoluted mess that never bothered to even give us proper character motivations.

Air Gear never got a second season; I liked that show back in the day.

Years
  • Say it with me, friends!

BACCANO

The light novel series is still going on. Japan is currently in the market for anime that can expand overseas, and Baccano is one of the series that gained world wide popularity, especially with the dub.

I have a feeling it'd have to funded by a western licensing studio to get brought forth again. Unfortunately, the licensing studio that holds the rights is partial to milking pricey box set sales rather than financing new material (that and they probably don't have the consistent revenue stream that Funimation does).

Are they???? Somebody could have told me.

Japanese studios by themselves have limited interest in the western audience without having someone involved who has a serious stake in the western market.

Where is season two of NGNL gdi?!

That's all I have to say on the topic myself for now xD

Probably waiting on more of the source material to be released.

Back