• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I didn't like you...but now I do!"

Years
    Mamoswine (it hurts me to say that i ever doubted it) I absolutely hated Mamoswine as well as Ice as a type, but one day i asked my friend when i was bored pick any of your pokemon breed it i will start a new game and the only pokemon i will use throughout the whole game will be that pokemon. So he took full advantage of my trust worthy nature and sent me a Swinub egg. I was furious but a deal is a deal, At first it was torturous Swinub died almost every battle, but by the grace of god it evolved, twice and quite fast. Than after that i never looked back Mamoswine is easy in my top 10.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I used to dislike Jynx, until I raised one from a Smoochum (which I didn't like as well), and grew on it.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I have that with a lot of Pokemon. So many I can't even remember!hen I first saw Raichu I was like " ugh Pikachu is so much better I will never evolve my Pikachu!" But now I have grown to really like it. And yes I will evolve my Pikachu.

Simon Alexander

Orlesian
    Years
    I used to despise chimchar, but then I used it for shits on a playthrough of Platinum and it has really grown on me <3

Also, though he isn't a pokemon, Barry really grew on me after seeing him in the anime. I used to think he was stupid and I hated them, then I realized how adorable he is in the anime, and I don't mind him so much in the game. I kind of hope the same will happen for me for Bianca. >> You see her a LOT in-game and it'd be nice not having to rage over her incompetence.

Years
    I didn't necessarily hate it, but I was very indifferent about Sawk and then I used it on my team in Black, and I was like "Oh hey, it's actually pretty neat. It can stay. :D" Never though I'd use it the whole time! I figured I'd swap it out with a different Pokemon later.

I guess I was also that way with Roselia. Didn't like the design much, didn't plan to use it ever. Ended up giving its line a shot in one of my Pearl or Platinum playthroughs (can't remember which one anymore) and I love Roserade now and have nothing against Roselia anymore.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Whenever a new generation comes out I hate them because they're not Kanto, but then I grow to like the majority of them. I did dislike Hitmontop, but now it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I guess I was also that way with Roselia. Didn't like the design much, didn't plan to use it ever. Ended up giving its line a shot in one of my Pearl or Platinum playthroughs (can't remember which one anymore) and I love Roserade now and have nothing against Roselia anymore.

This. I thought Roselia was one of the more useless GenIII pokemon, and Roserade failed to impress me the first time I saw it, but I fell in love with it the moment I saw its stats/movepool. :D

Also, Galvantula. I wasn't too excited about the bug/electric type combination, but once I used one in my White version, it was absolutely beastly with Thunderbolt and signal beam. :D

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I would have to say carracosta. I kinda hated all shell smashers because I saw them all the time on pokemon online. I gave it a shot anyways and it has been working out pretty well. I guess its just one of those things you hate to go against but like to use XD.

Years
    This. I thought Roselia was one of the more useless GenIII pokemon, and Roserade failed to impress me the first time I saw it, but I fell in love with it the moment I saw its stats/movepool. :D

Also, Galvantula. I wasn't too excited about the bug/electric type combination, but once I used one in my White version, it was absolutely beastly with Thunderbolt and signal beam. :D

I have a Roserade in all my Gen IV teams and it really performs well.

Ninjutsu95

Bad decisions = Good stories
    Years
    Houndoom. I used to hate it, and then when i looked at it, one time, i was like... This is great! Arguably one of my most favorite now. funny how life works, huh?

Back