• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I don't care. Whatever you want."

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    But if someone tries to get me to do something and impose what they want me to do that will specifically affect my future (since that's usually when people like to share their highly intelligent insight and advice with me), I'm going to go against that, even if it's something that harms me because I get into the mindset that I'm doing it to make them happy above what I want.

THIS. Exactly this. I have my mother constantly in my ear telling me that I need to pick a college degree or get a full-time job (even though the job I have is basically full-time, it's just not good enough for her). And whenever she does, my thought process is the same:

"I'm choosing the life for myself that I want, and while this will not fulfill me forever, I'm not going to make a change based on anyone else's pressure. I'm not even going to start thinking about my future while I still have to fight you just to be left alone, and every time you bring it up, it resets the clock."

However, when it comes to the little things, like making plans with my friends, I try to get them to make the decisions because I don't like being the one deciding and having the thought that I'd be the only one happy while everyone else is bored lol

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I make my own decisions, but I like hearing other people's ideas. They tell me what they think I should do, and if I determine that their idea is what's best, I'll go and do that myself. For little things like selecting dinner, I'm pretty content with anything, so I ask other people what they would rather do before piping up. "It's my life and nobody tells me what to do" is overrated. Sometimes you should just accept help.

Years
    I'm kind of indecisive and sometimes I just need to ask someone to choose something for me. I might do what they suggest, but usually I end up doing what I'd unconsciously planned to do from the beginning, but wasn't able to do until faced with a different choice. I should really just start trusting myself to make my own decisions more.

Narcissist

Living Libertine
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I'm plagued with indecisiveness about some things. I will eventually arrive at a decision but there tends to be a lot of deliberation as I speculate all the possible options and outcomes.

I appreciate outside influence when facing decisions but I can manage without.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm quite indecisive and am happy to let other people make decisions, so long as I can vaguely agree with their decision and it's not a life-changing one. The really big decisions concerning the future, I like to make myself. But stuff like what restaurant to go to or what film to see, I'm happy to delegate. Unfortunately, most of my friends are as indecisive as I am, leading to long discussions about restaurants and films and such!

Years
    I make all my decisions myself, mainly because if I let others decide for me it ends badly or not the way I would have preferred it would have ended.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    If it's something like food or a movie, I used to be the ambivalent one.. after dating one who's the same way, I'll make the choice just to avoid the "what do you want?" "oh, anything really, not particular" loop. So when someone else is making the decision I try to throw them something solid, even though I really DGAF.

Important decisions are made by yours truly, though if I feel I need advice I will take that under consideration.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    When my mum is annoying me and always asking me stuff I just say what ever you want like a hundred times till she stops talking. When other adults that I know ask me what I want I just usually say 'either one is fin thanks'.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
    Unless it's something I really care about; I prefer to either have it done by random or by someone else's choice. I try to put my input in if someone else is fine with deciding it. And if they don't want to decide it either; I usually just go ahead and do it.

Back