• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't sound like that!

Ayselipera

Do you ever change the tone of your voice depending on who you're talking to or what you're talking about?

Do you also change your vocabulary once again depending on who you're talking to?

For example if you realize you've done something embarrassing do you change your tone into a cute voice or if you're talking to your parents about something you'd like to get do you try to sound sweeter towards them? Along with do you use fancier words with close friends to sound sillier or to someone you like to impress them?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Well my voice sounds really high when I'm having fun because I normally talk really fast when I'm having fun because I'm ADHD p much and it sounds like my voice is really high. And one day my friend was gone from orchestra so I was in class by myself and this kid was talking to me and he noticed my voice was lower.

yeah don't ask. He's the person who posts pictures of him with no shirt on facebook.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    My voice gets high when I'm nervous. It also tends to become lower if I don't use for a while.
    As for vocabulary, I often use complicated vocabulary if I want to annoy somebody.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    My voice goes really quiet when I'm nervous and it tends to crack so I can barely say anything. Which is quite embarrassing... \; If I'm talking to friends I'll just use my normal vocabulary, if I'm talking to Adults I'll try and use a complicated vocabulary.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    My voice is usually always deep. When around teachers and adults I usually sounds more quiet, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2011
    When i scream my voice gets real high.
    I make my voice deep/really squeaky to amuse someone.

Years
    Usually, I use my normal voice with my parents and my friends (and basically everyone else). And I keep the same vocabulary to each of them.
    When debating, I'll probably use a bit greater set of vocabulary as well as a slightly deeper voice. And um...that's about it. (:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My voice tends to change on its own throughout the day. Depends on who I'm with, what I'm doing, and my mood I guess. My natural voice is kinda high-pitched and my accent isn't like...disgustingly obvious.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have a pretty deep voice naturally. Whenever my friends poke fun at me and I get jokingly defensive in a "no I'm not!" kind of way, I tend to get more high-pitched and even into the falsetto range. That also tends to happen when I'm frustrated (but not angry) as well. When I'm nervous my voice gets deeper and quieter but when I'm around family or friends, I just don't seem to shut up.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    I have a bad habit of emphasizing my words when I'm reading something out loud. Like, every word. I'm fine when I'm casual conversation, but when I have to read something out loud, my voice goes somewhat deeper/higher depending on the sort of text I'm reading and it becomes more drawn out. Which In guess isn't saying much, because I tend to draw out my words anyway.
    When I'm around friends, I like to speak quite fast and since I have quite a nice voice (not trying to be arrogant, just saying the truth), I guess my voice becomes the dominant one in the group. By that, I mean that my voice is usually the one thats stands out. But when I speak fast, my accent becomes even more prominent than it already is and some of the words tend to to fuse together, lol.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I have a high-pitched voice and sometimes it's really annoying so I try to make it less high-pitched and it sounds a bit better :D Also my voice is super high-pitched when I'm hyper and it's a looot lower when I'm tired xD;;

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
    When I'm talking to someone new, or aquaintances, I talk deeper and slower. When I'm with people I'm good friends with, I talk kinda fast, and my voice is a little higher, and my southern accent shows more, lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I'm asking questions or favors of people, my voice gets significantly higher. I think it's like a defense mechanism; if I sound cuter, they're less likely to be mean I assume. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I change my tone of voice depending on who I talk to and my current mood. For example, when I'm annoyed and someone annoys me even more, I raise my voice.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I've noticed that I subconsciously speak in a deeper tone whenever I talk with someone of is the opposite sex-and not a relative. I can easily misunderstand myself out of this

Other than that, I can manipulate my voice pretty well. I almost always decide how to sound when I'm angry, sad or whatever emotion I'm feeling. I can also mimic other voices properly up to some extent.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I pretty much change my tone from the usual monotone voice that is mine to a much more silly and carefree tone when I am around close friends. Though most of the time, I am pretty formal in my speak and like to keep my voice at an even level.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    my voice becomes really low when i'm lazy or when i'm asked to do something i'm not really inclined on doing. so, in a sense, my voice becomes lower when i talk to my parents, haha. my voice also tends to become high and whiny whenever i'm put in a defensive mood (like, when someone accuses me of doing something i didn't).
    as for vocabulary... well, nothing really changes. i guess it just tends to expand if i'm in a super serious mood or something; otherwise, i don't spout out the entire dictionary in an ordinary conversation.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Yeah, I do this often. When I'm reading things allowed I generally am really monotonous, a habit I'm trying to break. I also talk at varying speeds and volumes depending on my mood and use loads of long words to confuse people! Apparently when I'm like being irritated or shouting at someone each word is a little higher than the other and I'm really high pitched when I shout xD

I also vary the words I say depending on who I'm talking to... I also have this really uptight "I'm better than you" sort of voice I use if I don't like the person I'm talking to and (earlier today for instance) I also have this voice I used when I'm confused or just realised something or more often having a blonde moment (And yet I'm brunette.) which is really like air headed or ditsy I suppose?

Back