• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I found a glitch in the game!

sunflare89

Darkfire Dragon Tamer
Years
  • So tell me if this has happened to any of you . . . I played pokemon ruby and saved then i went and put in pokemon blue and when i played it the graphics were NES-ish and the font was different! I thought it was a glitch in Pokemon Blue UNTIL i played Pokemon Crystal it was the same thing! The screen was smaller and the font was different!!! Has this happened to you guys?

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • As for the smaller screen, that is just the difference in the GBA and GBC/GB screens. If you press the L or R button while playing a GBC or GB game, the screen will widen.

The font must be a similar thing; something added in the GBA that wans't in the GB/GBC.

Lonepichu

Happy-Insane dance time
    Years
  • Well I have to try that, but one time I was playing pokemon Blue and caught Missingno. Then when I played Crystal, catching Missingno in blue messed up my Crystal game. I now have a Cloyster that knows Milkdrink and stomp. as well as other glitches.

Maybe there's some kind of connection between pokemon games, or something like that.

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
  • Lonepichu said:
    Well I have to try that, but one time I was playing pokemon Blue and caught Missingno. Then when I played Crystal, catching Missingno in blue messed up my Crystal game. I now have a Cloyster that knows Milkdrink and stomp. as well as other glitches.

Maybe there's some kind of connection between pokemon games, or something like that.
    Did you trade it over to crystal? If you traded missingno over to crystal, then your problem is explainable. Oh, and what other glitches?

sunflare89

Darkfire Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • no i had pokemon blue and crystal for my gba before i got Ruby! and it didn't look like that!!!! Try it you will see!!!

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
  • sunflare89 said:
    no i had pokemon blue and crystal for my gba before i got Ruby! and it didn't look like that!!!! Try it you will see!!!
    Umm, I'm not sure what you mean. I do know that any GBC or GB game has a smaller picture in the GBA. I have tryed several GSC games, before and after I got any GBA game.

sunflare89

Darkfire Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • I mean The first Game i played on My gameboy was Pokemon Crystal and the screen was slightly larger (slightly) and the text was different and the graphics didn't look all NESish!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, from the way you've described the screen, that sounds normal. But for the other two... have you sharked or used an AR? They'll be the only reasons unless you've flushed your Game Boy down the toilet or something stupid. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, there must be something up with the cartridge itself. If you send it off to Nintendo, they'll be able to fix it for you, and tell you what was wrong with it. ^_^

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    Maybe there is dust in the cartridge. Try blowing in the bottom, that'll probably fix it unless the real problem was found and fixed. Similar things have happened to me with my silver, however, I doubt it has anything to do with Ruby.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
  • hmm....i'll Trade Crystal Cartradges With You! That Sounds Cool, I Love NES Graphics, They Just Suck So Much, That They Are Cool!I Like Them Better Than Game Cube Or PS2 And Such.

Legendary MasterX

Dracogriff
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 5, 2005
    Where did you purchase the cartrige? If it was sold by someone of the street on the bus or a simaler event like that the game was probaly copied off of the original game and a nonfunction during that process may have caused a glitch.

Back