• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I hate my name!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I don't necessarily hate my name,but it could have been something more interesting. I'm pretty sure my parents were going to name me something else but changed it at the last minute.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm called by my nickname mostly, Dipu, and I like that name. My legal name's Mohammed, which I hate, only because it's so religious, and I am NOT a religious person. I'm not sure if I wanna change my name, though, because I have a few friends that like my legal name over my nickname. So, eh..

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm surprised so many people dislike their names.

I like being named Jacob. The only annoying part is when we're studying bits of the Bible that relate to Jacob, aka the man Israel. If somebody else isn't making a joke over it, I'm doing it to myself. ><
    All in all it suits me, though.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    My name, Tyler, is fine. My late grandmother named me, so it's sort of like a memorial to her, haha. My closer friends call me by my surname, Young, anyway.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    No, I wouldn't change my name for anything, I completely respect my parents decision. Although I have never met anyone with my name, it's not common at all. I don't like it or hate it, I'm neutral, so I could say I'm pretty happy with it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I can't say that I dislike my name really, but I'd rather be called by my middle name. Taylor is nice, simple, and easy to remember, where as my first name is long, and it's rare that people can correctly say it, let alone spell it. :/ Buuuut my my nickname somehow ended up as Sho, and most people call me that, so my real name actually is kinda foreign to me now days. Sad. xD;

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I do hate my name. Mainly cause it's my Dad's name and I haven't spoken to him in over a decade (for good reason). I prefer my middle name, but luckily, as an author, i'm allowed a pen name: Cail. Which isn't so far from my real first name. But, I also use Brendan Ty (or Tyler) when I dont feel comfortable using my real name with someone. I also plan to name my first son that someday.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't mind my name. Nobody addresses me by it in real life or forums so it doesn't really matter. People online mostly get my attention by saying one of my many usernames, and in real life my nickname (Kwiefers) is starting to catch on with pretty much everyone.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I personally love my name.
    Alexandria Montana Domenico Leo (Peloso)
    It just has a sophisticated Sicilian ring to it :P
    Although... my mothers first idea was to name me "Hannah Montana Leo" in 1992...
    good thing she thought better of that one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I love my name! Joaquin Jorge Peloso :P there arent many Joaquins or Joachim or however you say it in the world =D and as much as I hate to admit it, Joaquin does sound good with Jorge xD

Back