• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I Hate Slaking!

Years
  • I haven't fought the 5th gym in R/S in a while because I just bought saphire and already had ruby. Man it kept using that move that he gives you the tm for and he had so many potions, I finally took it down with my Aron. Anyone else hate that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Slaking? no, those are the easy ones, because of the slack off thing. Vigaroth was the only hard guy norman has.

Also, where do you catch slakoth?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Vigoroth is a whole HECK of a lot easier than Slaking for me.

And, Pirate, you get Slakoth in the Petalburg Woods. They're pretty rare though.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • did you happen to cause a status on salking or vigoroth?
    'cuz causing status on those pokemon when they use that move
    it makes the move stronger

I decided to give 'em a taste of their own medicine
    I used my own Vigoroth to fight them
    it's soo strong and no slack off so the slakings are toast
    for it to have a strong move if u go with it

get a female slakoth to breed with a lv.20 male torkoal
    the torkoal should know body slam
    then u can raise a slakoth/vigoroth/slaking with body slam
    it's very powerful

...I think Norman is probably the hardest gym leader

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • VanirElf said:
    ...I think Norman is probably the hardest gym leader

Considering that he got 2 Slakings which has the strongest attack power besides ubars using Facade (which gets STAB), it's darn strong x_x; Vigoroth is a lot weaker but it got slash instead of Facade, which is higher in power by a bit. Also Slakings have pretty good defense too.

And the worst part must be the max potion ._.;

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • Well with a base stats totaling that of Groudon and Kyogre how can u not hate him??
    Good thing he has that crappy ability....
    but then in 2v2 a nice skill swapping Xatu will take care of that.....

Well at least 2vs2 sucks XP

Last edited:

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
  • I just hate its Truant ability... he always seem to lose when i battle with him in the battle tower. Next time I'll remember to get rid of its ability when i shark him again... XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, I found Slaking quite easy. Protect then attack, then Protect then attack. When Protect runs out, I switch to a Special Pokemon (like Blaziken) and Leaf Blade/Muddy Water/Blaze Kick/Whatever to death. Vigoroth was easier, but only just, since Fury Swipes seemed to do a load of damage and it kept on hitting 5 times... My poor little Manectric nearly fainted. :(

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I love Slaking and unless i'm building a themed team I always include it
    my team.

I hate it's ability though...but it's attack power is awsome so I guess it
    works out since it's not a legend and all

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
  • I didnt find the fifth gym all that hard. I just raised up my Hariyama a bunch before i battled so i had a higher level and the type advantage.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    Anyone ever have to fight a Slaking with a skill swapper to help him out?

A friend of mine pulled it off on me, eventually changing Slaking's "Slack off", into my Ninjask's "speed boost". Man, did I feel stupid then...

I'm not a breeder, so I don't know if you could breed Skill Swap ONTO Slaking himself... my friend used a Xatu to facilitate the stealing of my ability.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Blazin'ken said:
    Anyone ever have to fight a Slaking with a skill swapper to help him out?

A friend of mine pulled it off on me, eventually changing Slaking's "Slack off", into my Ninjask's "speed boost". Man, did I feel stupid then...

I'm not a breeder, so I don't know if you could breed Skill Swap ONTO Slaking himself... my friend used a Xatu to facilitate the stealing of my ability.
    Everyone uses that in 2vs2, and it's always Xatu because it has the best ability to swap with as well. Since it's always Xatu, it's not hard to use Aerodactyl and Flygon to do the job with double rock slide.

Back