• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have 2 error cards...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2008
    I have first edition holographic Zapdos and first edition holographic Pinsir both with errors. On the Pinsir one the holograph is extended onto the rest of the card a bit and on the Zapdos it is missing on maybe 1/10 of the usual holographic part. just wondering if anyone knows what they are worth?

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    The cards would probably be worth $0.50 - $4.00, I'd say, if it was all intact, it would be worth a bit more.

Years
    That Zapdos is an extremely common error, and I think all the Zapdos's from that set came with errors. It's really not worth all that much. Maybe a dollar or two at the most.

As for that Pinsir, I can't say I've heard about that error before. But I doubt it's worth much more (If anything at all...) than the normal Pinsir from that set. Maybe a dollar or two.

Nobody really pays much for the older cards, unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2008
    Thats kinda lame... thats the total opposite of almost any collectable cards ever lol. Why make anything first edition?

oh an the cards are in perfect shape. I made a *****en fake Cubone metallic card as a kid too. I should post it on here. I had allt eh neighbor kids jealous thinking it was somehting ultra rare.

Last edited:

pokemongodess

RoflRofl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    yup yup, i have some jungle errors, clefable, mr. mime, and venomoth all missing set icon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I have first edition holographic Zapdos and first edition holographic Pinsir both with errors. On the Pinsir one the holograph is extended onto the rest of the card a bit and on the Zapdos it is missing on maybe 1/10 of the usual holographic part. just wondering if anyone knows what they are worth?

If you're planning on selling them, they won't go for very much, unfortunately. Even a large error like the old "Jungle Basic Electrode" card isn't very popular.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    So? I went into this Japanese store where they sell Pokemon cards and most of them were FAKES! This is actually rare (the error cards), but it's not that rare. It MAY be a Fake.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I got a 2nd edition Green Wings error Charizard card, it's worth more than the normal 1st edition one.

pokemongodess

RoflRofl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    I got a 2nd edition Green Wings error Charizard card, it's worth more than the normal 1st edition one.

2nd edition green wing going on ebay for $39.99(buy it now price) $3 S/H
    https://cgi.ebay.com/L-K-Shadowless...yZ104047QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1st edition green wing going on ebay for $140.00 (buy it now price) $3 S/H
    https://cgi.ebay.com/1ST-EDITION-GR...oryZ2611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

....Sorry just didn't find what you said all too truthful...

::::But for everyone else who wants it, heres a link of a site showing the dif. errors and most of them have picture for a better understanding:::
    ::Alot of cards You might not have known were even errors::
    ::Enjoy::

https://www.pokemonaaah.net/tcg/errors/index.shtml

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No, a green wing Charizard is worth more than a 1st Edition Normal one

Back