• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have $20 that's burning a hole in my pocket.

Years
    Guess what? Due to your birthday/holiday/allowance/paycheck, and after paying the bills (if applicable), you have some spare money!

Do you tend to save the spare money you have, or spend it as soon as you have it?

It's a mixed bag for me. It really depends on my financial situation. If I have bills coming up and I'm worried I won't make it (like right now, haha), I tend to not spend anything on myself... except for food... sometimes... I try not to buy what I don't need, though.

If I know I have the money, I might buy something that's not necessity, but even now I try to be careful and not spend too much. It's nice to know that my next paycheck, I'll be able to feed myself, or have a little bit of money in case of emergency. I'm also more likely to spend more if I haven't lately; I know in two weeks I'll have to be careful about that. >>;;

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    If I had some extra money left over, I would save half of the money and spend the other half as that's how I work xD. If its something really big coming up and I need all the money then I would save the whole amount. I'm really not that big of a spender ^_^.

Years
    I'm pretty indecisive when it comes to spending money. Combine that with worrying about having any money at all in the future and you get someone who almost never spends when it ain't necessary. I feel almost guilty (okay, I flat out feel guilty) when I spend money for frivolous, fun and unnecessary things so I rarely do it.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I would try to save half of it for a later use or if I need it for a later situation where I'm in desperate need for something like chocolate or food or medicine or whatever it may be. I'd spend the other half on whatever I can purchase for that amount of money, whether it be food or clothes or whatever.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I make money off my bills. :D

Anyway, I'd just go and buy a Klondike bar. XD Seriously, I'd just save it up for something trivial, like more memory for a laptop (or just the laptop being sold for 400$, 2.2GHz, 3GB memory, 250GB HDD, 512MB-1GB Video Card... yeah, it's good) or a 3DS.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well, I don't really need my money, so I tend to spend it, really fast. More money goes slower, so yeah. I need 100... but I keep spending my lower bills(1,5,10) and etc.

If I got a 20 or higher, or whatever, I would save it towards the hundred I need.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I buy stuff when I need it. If want something, rather than need, I don't purchase unless I can get for the lowest price possible. So, I have no problem sitting on $20 till the time is right.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Do you tend to save the spare money you have, or spend it as soon as you have it?

It depends, really, if I have more money saved then I spend it in things I want....

Ayselipera

I save it till the end of time. Which I have no idea why I do it, but I guess I just want to wait till I see something I absolutely want. For example once a girl at school gave me 100 dollars for giving her some crappy perfume (I really don't know why she did, that was a bad call on her part) in the sixth grade. I didn't end up even breaking that 100 until the end of eighth grade... on a movie ticket, but what can you do. I'm just proud for holding on to it for so long. :D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It really depends on the situation in my case. If my family or I am in desperate need of money, then saving is the best option there. My family is also poor, so money tends to not come by easily for us. However, we always tend to buy more than we need, such as food and clothes. My mother has a habit of purchasing hideous clothes from K-Mart or Wal-Mart and expects us to wear them. In the end, they are usually stuffed in a bag and was thrown into the attic.

I, however, save up whatever I can find till I have enough to purchase what I need most. Currently, I am saving for a new pair of Nike, flannels, Proactiv, and headphones. It's going to take a while, and I don't know if I have enough time to find enough to get all of them, but I'll try my best.

Years
    I usually tend to save extra money, because you never know when you will need it, or when it will come in handy.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I save everything I make until I find something I want to buy. That's why I can randomly buy a TV, or a 360, or a PS3, or games (really, I randomly bought my 37" TV, randomly bought my 32" TV, randomly bought my 360, and so on. I might have wanted these things, but I didn't plan things out).
    I'm not a big on spending, I'm just big on spending it all at once. I really should save, but if I see something I want I'm like "Blah, I'll save after I get that".

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I almost never have what you call 'extra money'. If I did, though, it'd go straight to the shoebox of savings for a desktop computer, since art commissions aren't really doing much of anything for it (I only have $65/$900, and I've had the shoebox for ages).

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    a spare 20 bucks aorund probably so towards some munchies to snack on or a fast food meal as a treat.

As my budget goes right now, after my bills, I check how much money I have and balance out the right amount to spend on my own supply of groceries and buying computer part to build my new computer. I usually do have some money left over after this, which I tend to keep in my wallet incase any little expenses come up, or there just something I'm in the moode for, like the munchies or fast food I mentioned earlier.
    Me and Saving money have never seen eye to eye XD though I think its a good idea, the the money itself begs to differ and wants to leave as soon as it can :P

Years
    It used to just burn a hole in my pocket, but now that I need to save up for a car and gas costs me $40-$50 for a full tank, it gets put away for the most part. Though it helps that my paycheck doesn't go through my hands. ;3

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I tend to save it most of the time. There's always a moment where I need money to buy something, and I always have some money saved up to use. ^^

Saving money makes me feel less dependent on my parents for things actually, aha.

Back