• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Have A Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pika2000

Millennium Mouse
Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    I agree with the thread starter :P
    I want the postcount to be turned off in Mixed Community groups, New users Welcome and Other Chat.
    Most of the posts there aren't worth counting.

I know it would reduce my postcount a lot, but I didn't join these forums for a high postcount...

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Members Fanclub post counts are now off? I dont see my post count decreasing!

Jolty-kun

Years
  • Thomas-san said:
    Why does this even matter? If someone wants to get more posts by posting the same message in New User Welcome, then let them. Plus if we get rid of post count there less people will probably post and when more people post it makes the new users feel Welcomed which is the whole part of the forum.

If this was already posted above...I don't care...I didn't feel like reading above.

I just totaly agee with you there..

If they wanna do the same message over and over again.. fine, leave them to it, it really isnt your problem, plus, if we change it, then what else are they suppsed to say?, it'll just turn out stupidly if they go too offtopic, cos' that could happen XP, and also, if you apply the no posts for that forum rule thing anyway, the members wont be happy, and they most probably wont post in threads, so then they wont be happy, and also the new person with the thread wont also be happy, because nobody will reply to his thread, and I say leave the post count thing, because if you psot in all the new users thread that have just came up from the past few days, then you get like.. 12 posts, it will make the members happy, and the new people happy...

xP

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
  • Jolty, I couldn't have put it better myself. While I try to change things up constantly, It's hard to come up with hundreds of new messages to greet new members, which is why I've taken a bit of a break from it.

I saw the thread on the new rule, but I don't think it was a good idea. I know I was for it at first, but after watching the effects, it really doesn't look good.

pika2000

Millennium Mouse
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    If you really turn off post count, be sure to run the "Update postcounts" thingie in the AdminCP. Otherwise it would be a bit unfair.

coolmaster said:
    Members Fanclub post counts are now off? I dont see my post count decreasing!
    Where did they said it's been turned off?

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Yes,Thank you for Taking an interest in my thread.

I have come to the conclusion that i don't care about a silly number in your profile.So if you want to post over and over and over,watching your silly number go up.By all means do it.

Could a staff member close this.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • coolmaster said:
    Members Fanclub post counts are now off? I dont see my post count decreasing!
    Because postcounts haven't been resynchronised yet.

Jolty-Kun said:
    I just totaly agee with you there..

If they wanna do the same message over and over again.. fine, leave them to it, it really isnt your problem, plus, if we change it, then what else are they suppsed to say?, it'll just turn out stupidly if they go too offtopic, cos' that could happen XP, and also, if you apply the no posts for that forum rule thing anyway, the members wont be happy, and they most probably wont post in threads, so then they wont be happy, and also the new person with the thread wont also be happy, because nobody will reply to his thread, and I say leave the post count thing, because if you psot in all the new users thread that have just came up from the past few days, then you get like.. 12 posts, it will make the members happy, and the new people happy...
    And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have the Ignorant-type Pok?mon Jolty which doesn't bother reading threads before posting. Let's all gather around and laugh.

The PC staff are always saying, 'Things change.' And indeed they do. Such as this, and if it happens, then you might as well live with it. People need to learn to stop caring about a stupid ****ing number in their profile. [Edit: Whoops, I didn't notice the announcement. And... yay for the higher staff. *gaspshockhorror* Yes, I did just thank you. ^o^]

Also, lack of postcount doesn't make it alright for people to spam wildly and go offtopic. It'd be spam no matter how you look at it.

pika2000 said:
    If you really turn off post count, be sure to run the "Update postcounts" thingie in the AdminCP. Otherwise it would be a bit unfair.
    You'll have to wait until August, when the next resynchronisation (aka post recount) is due.

Happy Dude said:
    Yes,Thank you for Taking an interest in my thread.

I have come to the conclusion that i don't care about a silly number in your profile.So if you want to post over and over and over,watching your silly number go up.By all means do it.
    And that's the type of attitude we need more of around here.

Happy Dude said:
    Could a staff member close this.
    ...Yet suddenly, my opinion of you has changed. Why do you want it closed already? -_-; This thread is nowhere near finished yet.

Last edited:

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Oh,sorry if this isn't against the rules it can stay open.

I just don't want to start any flame wars or fights here okay.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • pika2000 said:

Where did they said it's been turned off?
    If you click on Mixed Community Groups then at the top of the page it will give you some info on Member Fanclubs. Was there originally no post count?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    No, there was post count in it. Everyone just thought it would be best to get rid of it, so we did. The post recount will be soon enough, so that's when everyone's post count should be at the true number.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Couldn't we just get Steve to do the recount early?

Also, are there plans to disable postcount in any other forums?

Years
  • coolmaster said:
    If you click on Mixed Community Groups then at the top of the page it will give you some info on Member Fanclubs. Was there originally no post count?
    Please show me, I didn't fine it yet -_-
    Mihara said:
    No, there was post count in it. Everyone just thought it would be best to get rid of it, so we did. The post recount will be soon enough, so that's when everyone's post count should be at the true number.
    Which date is soon enough?
    it should be done immediatly...

Digital Phoenix said:
    Couldn't we just get Steve to do the recount early?
    *nods in agreement*

Digital Phoenix said:
    Also, are there plans to disable postcount in any other forums?
    I hope so not only the MCG is full of spammy posts...

Nice to see this thread finally gets attention :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    zappsan said:
    Please show me, I didn't fine it yet -_-

Which date is soon enough?
    it should be done immediatly...

*nods in agreement*

I hope so not only the MCG is full of spammy posts...

Nice to see this thread finally gets attention :P
    We just did the recount in April, you can wait a few more months for the next recount. Either way it gets sorted out, so there isn't any point in rushing.

As for the other places, the only other place I think might need to have post counts turned off is OC. But I don't get out as much anymore, so there may be other areas that need it as well.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Other than Mixed Community Groups, I suggested Other Chat, Community Questions & Feedback, Pok?mon General, and Other Voting Polls, whereas Happy Dude suggested New Users/Welcome.

CQ&F and PG might not be too important, however OC, OVP, and NU/W are.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Digital Phoenix said:
    Other than Mixed Community Groups, I suggested Other Chat, Community Questions & Feedback, Pok?mon General, and Other Voting Polls, whereas Happy Dude suggested New Users/Welcome.

CQ&F and PG might not be too important, however OC, OVP, and NU/W are.
    That might be to many threads to turn off post count.

I think this is a good idea that you have, Happy Dude. If they ever do turn it off then I bet alot of people will stop wlecoming new users.
    I don't really care about post count. [Off-Topic]Nor do I care about rep[/off-topic]

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Raven's Phoenix said:
    That might be to many threads to turn off post count.

I think this is a good idea that you have, Happy Dude. If they ever do turn it off then I bet alot of people will stop wlecoming new users.
    I don't really care about post count. [Off-Topic]Nor do I care about rep[/off-topic]
    ... *heavy sigh* I don't know why I bother with people who don't even bother to read the thread before posting. Nobody cares. A number in your profile is by no means important, and shouldn't be treated as such simply because a few immature members think so. -_-;

The immaturity of you people... it's mind-boggling, really. Even as an ex-postcount addict, I still don't see why you people insist that a stupid number is so important. Please, enlighten me.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Yes it is very annoying
    Who cares about your post count a message board is just to talk lol!

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • RayquazaX said:
    Yes it is very annoying
    Who cares about your post count a message board is just to talk lol!

You, my young friend, are one of very few here who bare a little something I call 'common sense'. Thank you.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Digital Phoenix said:

You, my young friend, are one of very few here who bare a little something I call 'common sense'. Thank you.
    Your welcome its stupid just some silly post count I mean your not gunna become a mod when you have 700 posts!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back