• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Have a Theory

Do you think the pattern will continue?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
  • (sorry if this isn't in the right section.)

This is the Pokemon game pattern

GB/GBC

R/B/Y
    G/S/C

GBA/GBAsp
    R/S/E
    FR/LG

DS/DSlite/DSi/DSiXL
    D/P/Pt
    HG/SS

an if they continue....

New System
    5th Gen
    R/S Remake

so do you guys think the pattern will continue?
    vote in poll please.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It's not really a theory, as it's an established trend. In any case, I seriously doubt there will be a third gen remake. If Nintendo were to make one, then that would mean there would be no compatibility between fourth and fifth. They're simply not stupid enough to pull that again.

Years
  • It's not really a theory, as it's an established trend. In any case, I seriously doubt there will be a third gen remake. If Nintendo were to make one, then that would mean there would be no compatibility between fourth and fifth. They're simply not stupid enough to pull that again.
    Not necessarily. It doesn't matter if gen 5 is compatible with DPPHGSS, Hoenn Pokemon are still beginning to become the rare, and Nintendo obviously wants to move away from the GBA games. I say that because they added both the Regis and Legendary Birds in Platinum, and the Weather Trio, Mewtwo, Lati@s, and the Legendary Birds again in HGSS. Unless their willing to release another Shadow Pokemon game like they did in gen 3, or include tons of gen 3s in the gen 5 games, I'd say a Hoenn remake would make sense.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Not necessarily. It doesn't matter if gen 5 is compatible with DPPHGSS, Hoenn Pokemon are still beginning to become the rare, and Nintendo obviously wants to move away from the GBA games. I say that because they added both the Regis and Legendary Birds in Platinum, and the Weather Trio, Mewtwo, Lati@s, and the Legendary Birds again in HGSS. Unless their willing to release another Shadow Pokemon game like they did in gen 3, or include tons of gen 3s in the gen 5 games, I'd say a Hoenn remake would make sense.

Gen 3 Pokemon don't seem that rare to me, I have a DS Lite and I can get plenty of Gen 3 Pokemon. Besides I'd hardly call it a trend or a pattern just yet since it's only two so far.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I think a Hoenn remake is feasible. With Nintendo phasing out compatibility with the GBA games - the DSi & DSi XL/LL having no GBA slot - it would make sense to remake the Hoenn games with all of the new features of Gen IV so that more Pokémon could be obtained by those games who started out with or now only own a DSi.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking from someone who actually enjoyed Hoenn. -.- Water routes > caves for me.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Water routes > caves

That's so true. I've always found it boring to go through long caves *coughMtMoonZubatHellcoughbecoznotenoughrepelscough*.. seriously, why does almost everyone hate Hoenn simply because it has loads of water routes with loads of Tentacool simply because EVERYONE DOESEN'T WANT TO USE A REPEL (like i've said before)

So those ever annoying Zubat and Geodude in caves in RBYGSC are not annoying anymore, simply because of the annoying thing known as "nostalgia".

And yes, they are probably going to follow the pattern.. I want an Emerald remake most of all. If they remake R/S, but not Emerald, i'm probably not going to buy those games, because R/S were lame as hell.

Kthxbai..

Years
  • Gen 3 Pokemon don't seem that rare to me, I have a DS Lite and I can get plenty of Gen 3 Pokemon.
    But once HGSS is released in more areas Hoenn will be the "rarest" generation, like Johto last gen. I personally think this is why Game Freak threw Pokemon like Mewtwo and the Weather Trio in HGSS, in an attempt to move away from the GBA generation and give the newer players a chance to catch them.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I want an Emerald remake most of all. If they remake R/S, but not Emerald, i'm probably not going to buy those games, because R/S were lame as hell.

Well if they follow what HG/SS did, they would probably incorporate the changes/additions of Emerald into the R/S remakes.

Personally though, I believe they will instead allow you to travel to Hoenn after the Elite Four in the 5th gen games, like they did with Johto/Kanto.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • No 5th gen. wont be on a new console as it was just released that this year in Japan a new game will come out on DS and it sounds alot like a new region (New region,pokemon,etc)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It isn't actually a trend yet, so a theory does fit. The fourth generation hasn't officially finished yet, so we don't know if something else will be released. You can only go by the last three generations when looking that trends in that way. Who knows, we could be seeing a Crystal or RS remake in the fourth generation still. That can't be ruled out yet.

I'm leaning towards this being wrong. While I believe the fifth generation will probably get an RS remake, I'm thinking the fifth generation is going to take place on the DS.

That's so true. I've always found it boring to go through long caves *coughMtMoonZubatHellcoughbecoznotenoughrepelscough*.. seriously, why does almost everyone hate Hoenn simply because it has loads of water routes with loads of Tentacool simply because EVERYONE DOESEN'T WANT TO USE A REPEL (like i've said before)

Because the entire third half of the game (the most important for training) is made up of water. Caves are at least spread out and tend to have alternative training areas. Water making not only a single main training type for those levels, but the levels vary extremely, one Pokemon is a low level and the next is high. That's also really bad for training. On top of that, we don't get a proper Unknown Dngeon, unlike the other generations. And yes, I know about Victory Road, etc. It's just not enough. [/rant]

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
  • RSE aren't 10 year old games. They have no need for a remake. The graphics on it are fine.

JJAttacker

None Shall Pass
    Years
  • i think eventually they'll make remakes of Ruby and Sapphire but not a new system. and they will make a 5th gen because Pokemon itself is so popular that they can't afford not to

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Third gen remakes are definitely feasible, as Nintendo seems intent on phasing out the GBA altogether (removing GBA slots in the DSi, anyone?). If it does happen though, they won't be coming out for another year or two.

RSE aren't 10 year old games.
    Actually, they're turning eight this year, and R/B were remade after eight years. Surprising, I know, that they're already hit the "remakeable" age.

Myles said:
    Because the entire third half of the game (the most important for training) is made up of water. Caves are at least spread out and tend to have alternative training areas. Water making not only a single main training type for those levels, but the levels vary extremely, one Pokemon is a low level and the next is high. That's also really bad for training. On top of that, we don't get a proper Unknown Dngeon, unlike the other generations. And yes, I know about Victory Road, etc. It's just not enough. [/rant]
    Whoa, training? There's no need for training for the most part until you're at the Elite Four, and by then, you have Victory Road to use.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • As I said, the Victory Road isn't really enough, to cover the level ranges and types of Pokemon. And I'm talking more about after the Elite Four. Keep in mind, ignoring the water and underground caves and such, we jump from level ~25 wild Pokemon to ~40 Pokemon.

Back