• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Have An Urgent Question! HALP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, I received an email just now that says: "FW: Big Virus Coming.....Please read, do not ignore." I am 50% worried, because I have this friend that sends joke emails like this, but never with viruses in the name. Now what really worries me is the "FW", which means forwarded, which I have read on symantec, trend micro, and countless others about forwarded viruses.

Should I run tests or should I delete immediately?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Ignore it.

When you receive a "virus alert" via e-mail that was forwarded from a friend, then you really shouldn't even look at it. It's just chain-mail.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree with the others: just ignore the email. Forward it back to whoever sent it and ask to see if it's safe.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Delete the email. Don't forward it back, just delete it. At best, it's useless chain mail. At worst, it's a phishing scam or has a virus attached.

Sara Yamamoto

Adult Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    Nine times out of ten, it starts out as a hoax but, then becomes a true virus.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Per this section's rules, please use common sense when bumping an old topic. If what you have to say is just a rehash of what has already been said and the discussion has been dead for over two weeks, there's no reason to bump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back