• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I have extras of my gold and silver game... I've been trying to sell

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I have an extra of my gold and silver game and have been trying to sell them online. I listed them once and did not sell. I relisted them as a bundle and still have no bids.

I started the bidding at $14 for both games... is that too much? How much would big pokemon fans like you buy a bundle of gold and silver for.

I'm not trying to advertise, but rather, I'm doing some market research. I read what's allowed on the board and am not trying to get banned.

Please help: what should I price these games at?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Oh, they're vintage, i.e they stopped making them nearly a decade ago.
    AND due to the poor quality of GBC games it is a miracle they still work.
    These games would be rare in ten years; but there is such a mountain of them on eBay you'll never get 14 dollars. I would suggest starting bidding at 5 or 6 dollars, or just keep them until they're REAL collectibles.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I don't know... by then, the battery might be dead. If they don't sell, ill take your advice and start the bidding lower.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Sounds like a good idea. I forgot that internal battery will run out regardless of whether the game is running or not, so just waiting out the current bidding and lowering it if the the latter doesn't work out seems like a better idea.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    If you managed to replace the batteries properly, I'd say $15. But if they are have an uncertain lifespan with a battery that is nearing a decade old now, I personally wouldn't pay more than $3 for them.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    My Silver and Crystal still have the batteries working and my friend offered to buy the pair for £15 which is about $17.
    I didn't sell them but that's the price range I got from someone :/

Back