• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have not been here for ages

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
  • I used to be a moderator here and if it were not for the name, the slogan and my account, I would not recognize these forums.

How are things?

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • I happened to find an old reference to these forums online, so I thought I would say hello. I am now more into IRC than I am into forums, so I am not sure if I will be posting much.

I do know that I will probably stay around long enough to see how the staff reacts to my title. It has been long enough that the only staff member I recognize is Lightning, although with name changes, I am not sure if that Lightning is the same Lightning that I knew. It is quite possible that not a single staff member will recognize me, which could lead to an "OMG Haxor!" moment.

Edit: I just realized that I recognize Arcanine too, assuming that Arcanine is the same Arcanine that I knew.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Welcome back to PC, although I wasn't around when you were...I think.

Yup, both of them are the same as years ago and they do remember you, since I recall them mentioning your username a few times, so you should talk to them and let them know you're baaack.

But yeah welcome back, post around when you can. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Oh wow, you're a really old member. xD Lots has changed, as you've said, but I still think if feels like the same old PC. Welcome back~

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Welcome back to PC, although I wasn't around when you were...I think.

Yup, both of them are the same as years ago and they do remember you, since I recall them mentioning your username a few times, so you should talk to them and let them know you're baaack.

But yeah welcome back, post around when you can. :)

I left in mid-2004, so you joined after I left, so you would not remember me.

I am touched that people mentioned me from time to time. I hope that they said good things.

On a side note, I see that Steve is still here too. He changed his name to Rukario, which is why I did not recognize him.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Wow... I thought I'd never see the day SA returned to PC...
    Yea, Lightning and I are still the same people you knew from years ago. You also might know Hiroshi Sotomura, I can't remember what he was called back then. But really there's only a few people still around that were around when you were Staff.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • I went through the staff list and I believe that Hiroshi Sotomura was around when I was here, although I am not sure how well we knew each other.

I am not sure if this can be called a return, as I am too busy with schoolwork to post much. Also, for anyone wondering, yes, even though 7 years have passed, I am still in school. Thankfully, my school work is more interesting now. My homework now involves writing parts of computer operating systems, among other things.

By the way, I see that you have a new avatar and profile picture. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reference?

Years
  • I cannot say that I knew you then, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of you whilst doing research for some reason or another on PC's history. lol.

I have to say, though: Welcome back to PC.
    You frequent IRC? Drop by the IRC Chat, some time. The network is: lava.systemnet.info and the channel is #thepokecommunity
    I, and a few other mods/former mods are often on there. lol.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I don't remember you from PC, but considering your avatar and signature, I see you're Shining Arcanine, former webmaster of Pokémon Fan Universe.

I was known as Alakazam over there; you may remember me, as I was one of your Moderators for a bit. I admit I gave you a hard time on occasion, and I'd like to apologize for that. Your forum was the first one I ever joined, and I made many good friends over there, most of which I still have. So I thank you for giving me that opportunity.

Although I never knew you here on PokéCommunity, welcome back to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • I remember you. I wonder if Mai is still on PC. I know she made an account here.

Anyway, I was a super moderator here for several months in parallel to Pokemon Fan Universe in 2004. I think I still have Pokemon Fan Universe stored as a backup somewhere, although I still don't have time to work on it. I am still working on my education and I will likely be busy with that for several more years. It is nice seeing someone from the old forums here.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I left in mid-2004, so you joined after I left, so you would not remember me.

I am touched that people mentioned me from time to time. I hope that they said good things.

On a side note, I see that Steve is still here too. He changed his name to Rukario, which is why I did not recognize him.

:33 HEY!! I remember you! Welcome back :3 It's nice to see you return!!

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome.

Also, thanks for double posting your welcome message. As a former staff member, it gave me a good laugh.

Years
  • My original admin <3

Welcome back to PC, SA! I didn't actually know you were from here when I was at PFU so it's kind of a coincdedence that I come here when it shuts down and you were a SMod here! Still, welcome back!

[/nostalgianostalgianostalgia]

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Old prune is old? o__o Amazing. I mean, you were one of the pioneer staff members. I believe you must have lost your involvement in PC before I joined, so that is why I don't remember you as a staff member.

But yeah, welcome back. I know for sure PC has gone through changes since 2006. Not a doubt it would be more drastic from 2003. I look forward to seeing you as at least a semi-active member, since we need more veteran juices flowing around here.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I joined in 08, so I definitely don't recognize you. But that's pretty awesome that you came back after all this time. You should totally post in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions though. Hope you're enjoying the site as you did back then!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • So Pokemon Fan Universe is offline? That's a shame : D

Good to hear from you again!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Omg :D A mod's returned :L
    Welcome back :D
    i haz more posts than a guy who's been here longer than me Yay ;)

Back