• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have to PAY you!?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I understand that in the pokemon games, you get paid by other trainers when you beat them. If the world of pokemon were real, would that system still apply?

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    I have wondered that. Poor kids. I can imagine a 10 year old running up to his mom and saying "Mommy! I lost a pokemon match and some guy stole my money! Wah! ;;"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I highly doubt it would happen in reality. I actually can't even picture someone [especially so young] carrying thousands of dollars in their pocket so late at night. The only way someone would give up their money is if they were really being bullied [said above]. Though, no, because it would be considered gambling which is bad for little youngsters, especially at the age of ten. xD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    If this were in the real world, I'd assume only Gym Leaders hand out money, since it would be an official match.

BUT since this is a video game, everyone has to pay you. How else would you make easy money? It would take forever selling things you find on the ground.​

Years
    Yeah...in the anime, we don't exactly see trainers handing out money to people who defeated them. Why? Because it would seem strange and unrealistic. If it's too unrealistic for the anime, it's definitely too unrealistic for reality.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not even in reality might Gym Leaders give out free money just for winning match. I think it would simply go as far the badge in real life. However, I could picture trainers battling it out for the top prize of a large amount of money; we do it now in real life anyways. xD

zerwey

:3
    Years
    Lol: what if you see a ten year old knocking some buff guy out, and taking his money?

....Wouldn't happen. The payout of money would not happen in the real world. I can believe Gym Leaders, because those are official, and since they're the hardest, you should get some cash for winning.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    If this were in the real world, I'd assume only Gym Leaders hand out money, since it would be an official match.

BUT since this is a video game, everyone has to pay you. How else would you make easy money? It would take forever selling things you find on the ground.​

I agree with you, in the games, you have to gain money in an easy way so you can buy things.. But in real life, only Gym Leaders should hand money...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, Gym Leaders and the Elites as well. Elites should actually be able to give more money as prize seeing as they are a lot tougher.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    What about those rich trainers? You could totally jack their wallets after a couple run-ins with your 'gang' of FIghting Pokémonz. =D

LugiaFreak

Years
    In the real world, there is no way that something like that would be allowed. It doesn't make any sense, either... kids carrying around that much money is crazy. In my Diamond, I have about $500,000. So yeah. ^^

The only reason that is programmed into the game is so you can make money and buy things at the PokeMart.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I bet in reality they would give you money.

I mean, if Pokemon were real, all my Pokemon fainted and another person had Pokemon that weren't fainted. I'd give them money.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wait wait, pause the freaking thread.

IF the money system is only applicable to the games and not the anime then:

How do hell does Brock buy all his stuff?

They have to make some sorth of income to support themselves.

Then again, it's a cartoon. You'll probably find Pokebucks on the floor like Rupees in Legend of Zelda.

zerwey

Years
    Toting $P800,000 around with me is not my idea of safe. But Godot is right; Brock needs money to buy all his stuff. So I think the money payout does show in the anime; just to a certain extent. Or maybe Brock's rich.

Years
    They mention money in the anime...they just don't show it. Team Rocket is always whining about how they need money to buy food (or, at least they were in the 1st season), and Team Rocket and Ash & Co even got themselves jobs at restaurants once.

zerwey

Years
    Team Rocket never and never will get enough money because they fail at everything they do, and they're not like normal Trainers, battling other Trainers to get money.

I never heard of them getting jobs at resturants but if they did, I'd like to watch that epidsode.

Years
    It was in the first season...otherwise I wouldn't have known about it, haha. They were on the island that got attacked by the giant Tentacruel.

Back